Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Katy Perry prepped 3 months for her Vogue cover

Default Katy Perry prepped 3 months for her Vogue cover

It’s not easy being a Vogue cover girl! While taking to Jay Leno on Friday, July 26, Katy Perry admitted that the July issue photo spread — shot by famed photographer Annie Leibovitz — required intense preparation.
    “I did a lot of my own prepping,” the “Wide Awake” singer, 28, said of the cover that was shot on a farm in Upstate New York. “I kind of went on a cleanse, I did a lot of stuff like vitamins and supplements, I changed my coffee to green tea, I didn’t drink alcohol for three months.”
    “I was really in the zone, I just wanted to be glowing for that cover,” she continued.
    Indeed, in May, John Mayer’s current girl showed off various supplements she was taking in a Twitter picture. “I’m all the about that supplement & vitamin LYFE,” she wrote with the pic.

Despite the regimen, Perry seemed pleased with the end result — sharing how “amazing” it was to work with Leibovitz. “She’s incredible,” she said. “It was really fantastic working with her … She [has] such a great vibe, she’s got no ego which is fantastic, and she really let’s [sic] me be creative as well.”
    Perry, who voices Smurfette in the upcoming July 31 Smurfs 2 movie, also opened up about the vibe of her upcoming album, which she said will debut “soon.”
    “I’ve had a lot of time to reflect, and I think that it will continually be what I always do — connecting to my core and trying to bring an honest message that people can relate to,” she said.
    [From Us Weekly]

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Katy Perry prepped 3 months for her Vogue cover, including no alcohol

She looks absolutely no different on that cover than she does in every other pic I see of her. I'm sure it had a little post-shoot tweaking anyway. She could've just stayed on the booze and coffee.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Bronze Member

I was thinking exactly the same thing!

OMG i love love LOVE that dress. i wish i wasn't blonde sometimes. im a total spring, only a winter could wear that. (my mother informed me of my season).

why would she worry anyway about glowing? they can just photoshop the glow on her face!
    Kittylady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    OMG i love love LOVE that dress. i wish i wasn't blonde sometimes. im a total spring, only a winter could wear that. (my mother informed me of my season).

why would she worry anyway about glowing? they can just photoshop the glow on her face!
    Exactly!! That's what they did anyway!! Her face in that pic is so photoshopped she barely looks like herself. Ridiculous. It MIGHT have been a nice portrait if the 'shoppers had kept their dirty little mitts off it.

That said, I love the dress too, and it's very her.
    snoopqueen likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

She wasted 3 months if that's the end result. This chick is plain, pretty eyes but the whole package is plain. No amount of make up or photoshopping will change that, let alone a "cleanse" which WTF? How is taking a shitload of supplements a cleanse? Try eating fresh food and drinking water you moron.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I think it's a really unflattering photo of her anyway, so that was a waste of time. Though I do think she has a fabulous body to begin with.
    Lenny likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Um, she sounds really un-busy if she had three months to prepare for a Vogue cover. Kinda sad really and, as everyone says, you can go on forever these days with photoshop anyway.
    snoopqueen likes this.

I'm so sick of her. A month ago she was everywhere talking, in detail, about her divorce, now she's blathering about her current relationship. In a few months she'll be giving interviews about what a dick John Mayer is and how he broke her poor wittle heart. Her personal life is all she can talk about because she and her music are boring and vapid. I like a few of her songs but she needs to go away for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    She wasted 3 months if that's the end result. This chick is plain, pretty eyes but the whole package is plain. No amount of make up or photoshopping will change that, let alone a "cleanse" which WTF? How is taking a shitload of supplements a cleanse? Try eating fresh food and drinking water you moron.
    Just for you, Faithanne:

Novice, faithanne and snoopqueen like this.

Why on earth did I have the impression that her legs were long and slim? Weird.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

the weird thing is, i think i'm better looking than her without makeup. but when she gets all glammed up and when i get all glammed up she's better looking than me.... how can that be?
    snoopqueen likes this.

^ Because she wears an absolute ton of makeup, eyelashes, wigs, costumes. It must take her hours to get ready (well, three months in the case of Vogue.)
    Bunraku, Annika and snoopqueen like this.

Mo, you just single-handedly ruined my mental image of Katy Perry having an incredible body. Correction - she has an incredible rack. Those legs
    Lenny likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Hit By Ban Bus!

No way on earth I'll give up my coffee and beer!

I didn't know that her legs are so short!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information