Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree315Likes

Thread: Real Housewives of New Jersey star Teresa Giudice and husband indicted for fraud

Default Real Housewives of New Jersey star Teresa Giudice and husband indicted for fraud

“Real Housewives of New Jersey” star Teresa Giudice and husband indicted for fraud

39 counts against Bravo stars Teresa and Joe Giudice

Teresa Giudice (Credit: Debby Wong via Shutterstock)

Reality has once again intruded upon the lucrative “Real Housewives” television franchise.

Teresa Giudice, a cast member on “The Real Housewives of New Jersey,” was today indicted along with her husband, Giuseppe “Joe” Giudice. The 39 counts against the pair include “conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, bank fraud, making false statements on loan applications and bankruptcy fraud.”

The pair are alleged to have lied to bankruptcy court and to the IRS, as well as to have hidden assets and income. The parents of four young children, whose lavish lifestyle has been documented in detail on the Bravo series (currently in its fifth season) filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2009.

In the intervening years, Teresa Giudice has become the breakout star of the franchise, appearing on “The Celebrity Apprentice” and publishing cookbooks include “Skinny Italian,” “Fabulicious!,” and “Fabulicious! On the Grill.” She was the one who threw a table in the first season, cementing the show’s success, and recent plotlines on the show have featured her fears that Joe would be headed to jail for allegedly obtaining the driver’s license and birth certificate of his brother. (He was potentially facing up to ten years even before today’s charges.)

This is not the first time the franchise’s personages have been embroiled in real-world crises; in 2011, Russell Armstrong, the husband of one of the “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” committed suicide, after months of revelations about his past conviction, lawsuits, and bankruptcy, as well as reported husband-and-wife scam

“The indictment returned today alleges the Guidices lied to the bankruptcy court, to the IRS and to a number of banks,” said U.S. Attorney Paul J. Fishman. “Everyone has an obligation to tell the truth when dealing with the courts, paying their taxes and applying for loans or mortgages. That’s reality.”
    Novice likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

fgg

2 'Real Housewives of NJ' stars charged with fraud

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Two stars of the "Real Housewives of New Jersey" were indicted Monday on federal fraud charges, accused of exaggerating their income while applying for loans before their TV show debuted in 2009, then hiding their improving fortunes in a bankruptcy filing after their first season aired.

Teresa Giudice, 41, and her husband Giuseppe "Joe" Giudice, 43, of Montville Township, were charged in a 39-count indictment with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, bank fraud, making false statements on loan applications and bankruptcy fraud.

The couple submitted fraudulent mortgage and other loan applications from 2001 through 2008, a year before their show debuted on Bravo, making phony claims about their employment status and salaries, the indictment said.

Joe Giudice also failed to file tax returns for the years 2004 through 2008, when he is alleged to have earned nearly $1 million, the government said.

The reality TV stars are scheduled to make their initial court appearances Tuesday.

Teresa's attorney, Henry Klingeman, said she would plead not guilty. Joe's attorney did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

Teresa also issued her own statement, saying it was a difficult day for her family, that she supports her husband, and that she hopes to resolve the case with the government as quickly as possible.

"I am committed to my family and intend to maintain our lives in the best way possible, which includes continuing my career," she said.

A Bravo spokesman had no comment.

U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman said the indictment alleges "the Giudices lied to the bankruptcy court, to the IRS and to a number of banks."

"Everyone has an obligation to tell the truth when dealing with the courts, paying their taxes and applying for loans or mortgages. That's reality," he said.

When Teresa filed for a mortgage loan of $121,000 in 2001, she falsely claimed she worked as an executive assistant, submitting fake W-2 forms and fake paystubs as part of the ruse, the indictment said.

In their petition for bankruptcy protection, initiated in October 2009, the couple concealed businesses they owned, rental income they received, and Teresa's true income from the "Real Housewives," website sales and personal appearances, the indictment said.

Prosecutors said they also hid their anticipated increase in income from the then-upcoming second year of the show, which is in its fifth season.

2 'Real Housewives of NJ' stars charged with fraud - Yahoo! TV

i wouldn't mind seeing both of these two sail up the river!
    Callalily likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

HOLY SHIT!! The US Atty isn't fuckin' around with these two. LOVE IT!

Her hairline....or should I say..forehead line, scares me.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Damn it all. I'm actually sorry to hear it.

Embarrassed to admit to being a viewer (because...well...really) and last year I hated her ass. But this year her SIL has been such an asshole, that I'd kind of started to feel for her and "Juicy Joe".

What a mess this whole show has become. Every last person on this show has hands at least this dirty. *shakes head*.

Why do I watch this shit?
    sparkles likes this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

The Feds don't mess around!!
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Wow, sorting all this out is kind of confusing. It sounds like they would lie about how much they were making (when they weren't making much), then turn around and lie about how little they were making (when they were making a lot). And fraudulently using someone else's driver's license and birth certificate. Even Theresa's has filed fraudulent documents on the loan application, although I'm not sure what criminal charges would apply for her. And on top of it, not filing tax returns for 5 years???

They are looking at AT LEAST Wesley Snipes time in prison, and he got 3 years. I'm thinking they may get even more; there seems to be way more damning evidence of this being an ongoing, comprehensive effort.

ETA: and if Teresa thinks that living in a huge house that somehow else had lived in feels "skeevy", just think of how it's going to feel sharing an 8 by 10 cell with another person and a built-in toilet.

She FAKED a W-2?!?!?! The Fed's don't fuck around with something like that. shit like that went down here a few years ago with the mortgage meltdown and there was a couple that had a pretty elaborate mortgage scheme, but none of them included faking/altering/making up government documents, which is what a W-2 is. Feds cracked down on everyone on that one too, realtors, loan officers, title companies, attorneys. The Guidices aren't the only ones that are going to take the fall on this one.

In regard to why they would have made up an occupation for her for a mortgage (as I was once in the mortgage business), my guess is that they were trying to buy a property, but Joe couldn't get approved by himself, either due to credit/being overextended/being able to prove income/etc...., but Teresa had ample credit to get approved, and most debt was probably in Joe's name. But if Teresa doesn't have an income, she can't get a loan, so they made up a job and paycheck for her so she could get approved. She could claim ignorance, that Joe did it all and she didn't know what was going on, but she signed the papers stating that her income was correct, which is as good as taking an oath.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    She FAKED a W-2?!?!?! The Fed's don't fuck around with something like that. shit like that went down here a few years ago with the mortgage meltdown and there was a couple that had a pretty elaborate mortgage scheme, but none of them included faking/altering/making up government documents, which is what a W-2 is. Feds cracked down on everyone on that one too, realtors, loan officers, title companies, attorneys. The Guidices aren't the only ones that are going to take the fall on this one.

In regard to why they would have made up an occupation for her for a mortgage (as I was once in the mortgage business), my guess is that they were trying to buy a property, but Joe couldn't get approved by himself, either due to credit/being overextended/being able to prove income/etc...., but Teresa had ample credit to get approved, and most debt was probably in Joe's name. But if Teresa doesn't have an income, she can't get a loan, so they made up a job and paycheck for her so she could get approved. She could claim ignorance, that Joe did it all and she didn't know what was going on, but she signed the papers stating that her income was correct, which is as good as taking an oath.
    They actually have some kind of statement out saying they hope to resolve the federal charges as quickly as possible. WTH???? The only way I can see that happening is if they work a plea deal. And the resolution will still be jail. What they did, if the articles read even remotely correctly, is so comprehensive and willful that prosecutors will be determined to make examples of them.

Who in the hell was advising these two nincompoops? Neither has enough brain cells to rub together to come up with a what they did to get in this mess. Someone must have told them (wrongly, obviously) that this was a bright idea. Although maybe I am selling them short. Maybe they were "smart" enough to get into this all on their own brain power.

I just feel badly for their 4 girls.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Dumbasses. There's a long list of people I'd fuck with before I fucked with the IRS or the federal government in general.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I'm still in awe over this.

She better make up with her brother, cuz he's going to be raising her kids! Who else is going to take them, Kim D?

The couple I referenced above only had 5 counts of fraud. They have 39!

Someone better tell Teresa that orange is the new black!
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Bronze Member

Holy SHIIIIT. I knew 'Tre' was dirty but WOW ... Can't wait to see what happens next!!

I can see it now ... Next season's RHNJ intro will show all the ladies in their fabulous dresses and homes and Theresa will be in orange with the razor-wired prison yard behind her, shrieking 'ALL I DO IS LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!'
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

I'm trying to make sense of Wesley Snipes' fraud trial (Wesley Snipes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) but it looks like he only faced EIGHT charges.

Quote Originally Posted by bankyskitch View Post
    I can see it now ... Next season's RHNJ intro will show all the ladies in their fabulous dresses and homes and Theresa will be in orange with the razor-wired prison yard behind her, shrieking 'ALL I DO IS LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!'
    I'm thinking that she is going to be appearing on the next season of "Orange is the New Black" instead of "RHONJ".
    Uindangergurl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombshell View Post
    Who in the hell was advising these two nincompoops? Neither has enough brain cells to rub together to come up with a what they did to get in this mess. Someone must have told them (wrongly, obviously) that this was a bright idea. Although maybe I am selling them short. Maybe they were "smart" enough to get into this all on their own brain power.

I just feel badly for their 4 girls.
    Absolutely. Now the Fed's have to prove if someone really advised Joe and Tre to do that, and there has to be a paper trail. If they can't prove the title co, loan officer, realtor and attorney of fraud, then Joe and Tre will take the charges alone. But there has to be a paper trail/witnesses.

Ok, this totally gives away where I live, but fuck it.

http://www.fbi.gov/omaha/press-relea...mortgage-fraud

Former Davenport Real Estate Agent Sentenced for Mortgage Fraud

U.S. Attorney’s Office December 19, 2011

Southern District of Iowa (515) 473-9300

DAVENPORT, IA—On December 19, 2011, Mary Pat Harper, formerly Mary Pat Lord, age 57, of Davenport, was sentenced by United States District Judge John A. Jarvey to 24 months’ imprisonment in connection with her involvement in a scheme to defraud banks and mortgage lenders, announced United States Attorney Nicholas A. Klinefeldt. Harper previously had pleaded guilty to wire fraud. Harper was also ordered to serve three years’ supervised release following imprisonment, pay restitution in the amount of $185,294, and pay a $300 special assessment to the crime victims fund.

Starting in late 2005 and continuing into 2006, Harper, a former real estate agent with Roy Harper Realty in Davenport, Iowa, along with a mortgage broker, an appraiser, certain attorneys, and others, participated in a scheme to skim fees and commissions from inflated real estate mortgage loans. Harper drafted real estate purchase contracts with bogus, inflated sales prices, and at the same time drafted undisclosed addenda or side agreements with the actual, much lower sales prices. The inflated sales prices were used to allow buyers to apply for and receive inflated mortgages. After the transactions closed and the sellers were paid the inflated prices, they would pay a “kickback” to Harper and the buyers in an amount equivalent to the difference between the bogus, inflated prices and the actual, lower prices.

Harper also exploited “straw buyers,” persons financially unqualified to make real estate purchases, helping a mortgage broker fabricate financial paper trails so the buyers would qualify for mortgages. After the transactions closed, Harper would receive, in addition to 7 percent dual agent real estate commissions, undisclosed “consulting fees” and other payments, all generated via the inflated purchase prices and mortgages.

Among those previously sentenced in connection with this investigation are Darryl Hanneken and Robert Herdrich, buyers who borrowed over $3.7 million in inflated mortgages and defaulted on almost all of the loans, frequently without making one payment. Hanneken and Herdrich were sentenced to 40 months’ imprisonment each.

Mary Lee Reinking and Natalie Long, both formerly mortgage brokers with Crow Valley Mortgage, pleaded guilty to felony mortgage fraud charges in connection with two of the transactions and were sentenced to probation. Paul Bieber, an attorney, pleaded guilty to misprision of felony, a felony offense, and was sentenced to probation. Marc Engelmann, an attorney, was convicted at trial of conspiracy, two counts of bank fraud, and six counts of wire fraud and is awaiting sentencing.

This case was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and was prosecuted by the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Iowa.
    FYI, Robby and Darryl, had 23 counts against them, sentenced to 40 months. The realtor had 5 counts, sentenced to 24 months. I know Robby is out on probation now. Chances are, SOMEONE'S going to jail here in regard to Teresa and Joe, just wonder who it is....
    Last edited by louiswinthorpe111; July 29th, 2013 at 06:10 PM.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information