Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree347Likes

Thread: Leah Remini leaves Scientology after asking about David Miscavige’s wife

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Leah Remini leaves Scientology after asking about David Miscavige’s wife

I realized much too late that Leah Remini is/was a Scientologist. I liked her for years before King of Queens, so much so that I even watched those VH1 documentaries about her wedding and her pregnancy and birth. It was a few years later when I realized that Leah’s birthing suite went silent, it wasn’t a documentary-styling choice, it was because of the Church of Scientology’s dictate that babies should not be born into the world with screams or any noise whatsoever. So, Leah has been a Scientologist for a long, long time. She doesn’t really get hit with the Xenu label that often because she doesn’t give ]interview after interview about CoS, and I’d be willing to bet that most of her fans didn’t even know that she’s been rolling with Xenu this whole time. Well, Page Six has a fascinating little item about Leah leaving CoS after questioning David Miscavige’s “methods”. Seriously, where’s Shelly?

“King of Queens” star Leah Remini is making a dramatic break from the Church of Scientology, a source said, after being subjected to years of “interrogations” and “thought modification” for questioning leader David Miscavige’s rule.

The source tells us Remini is quitting because of policies that don’t allow parishioners to question Miscavige’s managementor the reported abuse of members of its Sea Org religious order — and for forcing followers to “disconnect” from family members branded as “suppressive persons” if they choose to leave the church.

“It all began when Leah questioned the validity of excommunication of people,” a source said of her decision. “She is stepping back from a regime she thinks is corrupt. She thinks no religion should tear apart a family or abuse someone under the umbrella of ‘religion.’ ”

Former Sea Org member Mike Rinder blogged this week that at Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes’ 2006 wedding, Remini innocently asked where Miscavige’s wife, Shelly, was. Former Scientology Celebrity Centre head Tommy Davis scolded her, “You don’t have the [bleeping] rank to ask about Shelly.” Mrs. Miscavige reportedly hasn’t been seen in public since 2007.

As a result, Remini “was put through interrogations and blacklisted within the church that she donated millions to and that her family has spent their lives in. She was put through ‘thought modification’ for five years,” our source said.

The source added that church friends Remini had for “25 to 30 years wrote internalreports” about her that “caused an investigation on her family.”

Someone close to Remini said she’s weighing going public “when she sees what the church tries to do. She has heard they use people to scare you into silence.”

The source added, “She’s from Brooklyn. The church can’t hurt her . . . they don’t have her family, that’s all that matters to her.” And, “It’s not about wanting or not wanting to do Scientology . . . The issue is that [Miscavige] is taking down this church and hurting people and families.”

A Scientology rep denied all allegations.
    [From Page Six]
    Well, that’s interesting, isn’t it? If it wasn’t for the actual threats and cult reprogramming, I’d kind of think it was funny that Leah’s problems began when she innocently asked about Shelly. Seriously, though, where IS Shelly?!

As for all of the reprogramming – excuse me, “behavior modification” for “suppressive persons” – I believe it. I believe it all. And as many former Scientologists have noted time and time again, it would have been much worse for Leah if she had just been a regular non-celebrity person. She probably would have had to do slave labor on TomCruise and David Miscavige’s Xenu-of-the-Seas sex yacht. At the very least, she would have been sent to the “Hole” for asking about Shelly.
    http://www.celebitchy.com/309252/lea...scaviges_wife/
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    . Seriously, though, where IS Shelly?!
    I'm going to guess buried in the desert somewhere.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

celebitchy wasn't aware that Leah was a Scientologist? Jesus!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Celebitchy is no GR.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    celebitchy wasn't aware that Leah was a Scientologist? Jesus!
    No kidding! That's more amazing to me than Leah's dumb ass finally getting a clue that she's been caught up in a cult.

Hell, I remember reading in plenty of threads on here about this twat and her crazy CO$ child-rearing. When J-Lo has to show you how to get your kid off the bottle and diapers that's pretty pathetic. Also remember the hen-pecked husband slept on the couch because the oversized diaper-baby kid had been allowed into their bed and it was less hassle.

Where the fuck has celebitchy been?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

She let them treat her like shit for five years before finally leaving? The brainwashing really worked on her. Glad she's out.
    dilligaf likes this.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

The source added, “She’s from Brooklyn. The church can’t hurt her . . .
    love that.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Better late than never I suppose, but it is hard to see how anyone can be dragged into thier shadow world.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I can't believe that I am going to have to nominate Leah for the Celebrity death pool. I hope it's true that her husband has mob connection; they are going to need the protection.
    Palermo and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

I don't think she will need any protection because I have a hard time believing she was at a level high enough to hurt them. I laughed when I saw this on the cover of the post this morning. I also laughed at the line, “She’s from Brooklyn. The church can’t hurt her . . . they don’t have her family, that’s all that matters to her.” Yes, the family in Brooklyn is probably much more powerful than CO$.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

The skeletons in Leah's closet must be too small to be bothered with.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Miscavige meets the Mob could be a fun reality show.

This was posted by a member at another board:

this is no joke. He father is George Remini a mafia hitman for the Gambino crime family. He died not long ago and any sordid info on him has been basically wiped clean by the Scientology. I used to be able to find newspaper articles on his sordid crimes but they are all basically no longer on the web. Even her sordid past as a teen has been erased.

This doesn't ring true because a quick google search brings up tons of info on Fat Georgie. Even the state site for gaming has a page for him. http://www.state.nj.us/oag/ge/exclus...ini_george.htm

"If they don't put us away for one year or two, that's all we need. ... Get a year, gonna put this thing together where they could never break it. Never destroy it. Even if we die, be a good thing." -Mafia boss John Gotti in 1986, discussing his legacy with capo George Remini in the Bergin Hunt and Fish Club in Ozone Park, Queens
    Last edited by sluce; July 11th, 2013 at 10:25 AM.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I'm enjoying scientologys slow death. I love that it can no longer suppress bad press.
    Brookie, deenz, Butterfly and 1 others like this.

Elite Member

Remini's mother was the highest level Scientologist in that family. I wonder if she's out, too. I feel the same for her as I do for Marty Rathburn and Mike Rinder. They passionately defended everything Scientology, watched and participated in ruthless tactics against SPs and former members as it suited their beliefs and "powerz" at the time. Now they want out suddenly? Without a word of apology or at sympathy? Nah, they are still Scientologists, committed to the same mind fucks and internal torture, they just don't want to go down with the Miscavige ship. It's Rathburn, I think, who is trying to set up his own church of independent Scientology since he hardly knows how to do anything else.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

I remember people posting before that each time a CO$ is on a show, or in a movie, there are others involved. Who else was CO$ on King of Queens or on her new show, Family Tools?

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information