Thread: Alexa Chung stripped for "creepy" men as a teenage model

Default Alexa Chung stripped for "creepy" men as a teenage model

Alexa Chung is one of Britain’s favourite models and telly presenters, but the stunning fashion star has revealed that she had to battle low self-esteem to get where she is today.
    And, more shockingly, she had to endure years of “creepy men” taking advantage of her dreams, asking her to do things she did not want to do in a bid to clamber up the career ladder.
    Speaking to The Times, Alexa paints quite a dark picture of her early modellingcareer, admitting she didn’t ask her parents for advice on it as she felt much of what she did was “very wrong”:

“I actually kept modelling very separate. I never really asked my mum or my dad’s advice during that time and it actually felt like I didn’t want to tell them too much about the reality of what was going on – when I was taking the train to London and being asked to do certain things.”
    “I already knew it was wrong. So, you know, if there was a casting where some creepy man there had gone on to his flat in Ilford, and, you know, ‘Take your clothes off…’ and if I’d have done it, I won’t tell my mum because I know that’s wrong.”
    “You had lots of castings where they were like, “This is for swimwear”, and in hindsight, I look back and think, “Did you really need an 18-year-old girl to strip in your front room?”
    “I get flashbacks now. Loads of flashbacks. I’ll be reminded of something because I’ve sort of blocked it out and I don’t really think of those days… God, did I have low self-esteem then.”
    [From Cosmopolitan]

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Alexa Chung claims she was forced to strip for ‘creepy men’ as a young model

Yeah, it does happen. I left many castings because of weird requests. At the majority though, there was nothing shady going on.

Thread Information