Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Melissa Gilbert to Sara Gilbert: I Always 'Kinda Knew' You Were Gay

Bronze Member

Default Melissa Gilbert to Sara Gilbert: I Always 'Kinda Knew' You Were Gay

Sara Gilbert Embarrassed on The Talk by Sister Melissa Gilbert : People.com

Never one to mince words, The Talk co-host Sharon Osbourne came right out and asked guest Melissa Gilbert when she knew her sister Sara Gilbert was gay.

While the question made Sara, 36, who recently started dating Linda Perry, squirm a bit, the audience laughed and cheered.

"You know what, I'll put it to you this way," said Melissa, 47, best known for her role on Little House on the Prairie. "I took her to dinner when she was in her teens and I sat her down and I gave her this long speech about how much I love you and it doesn't matter and you're my darling and blah, blah, blah and you can tell me anything. And she looked and me and she said, 'I'm not gay.' And I was like, 'OK, whatever.'"

"Years later she called me and we were having a conversation about something and she said, 'You know, what if I just said that I'm gay,' and I went, 'And?' I mean I think always I kinda knew."

Sara, eager to change the subject, responded, "Don't we have a break coming up?"

HOW did I know know they were related?! This is blowing my mind!
    MmeVertigina and BelledeJour like this.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

I knew my brother was gay and he was engaged to a woman for a long time. It got to the point where my other brother and I had an over/under bet on when he would finally feel comfortable enough to come out. Now he's married to a wonderful man and they've been together for over 20 years. Life is good!

I don't watch this show but I'm not sure why this would make Sarah uncomfortable? It sounds like Melissa is very supportive and always has been.
    Shinola and BelledeJour like this.

melissa's face. the horror.
    sputnik and yanna like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I knew they were related but I didn't know Melissa Gilbert had turned into a sea monster. GAG.
    Karina likes this.

I don't know that they're biologically related. I thought Sara (and her brother) were adopted.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I knew they were related but for some reason I thought they were half-siblings.

And yeah Melissa's face is looking very Muppet-y

Melissa looks like she's made of Play-Doh.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

They're adopted half sisters. Melissa was adopted by the Gilberts, and when they divorced the mom re-married and gave birth to Sara with new hubby. When Sara went into show business she wanted to springboard off Melissa's success and changed her last name to Gilbert - the adoptive dad/first hubby's last name.
    llamamama likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    melissa's face. the horror.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    I knew they were related but I didn't know Melissa Gilbert had turned into a sea monster. GAG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Melissa looks like she's made of Play-Doh.
    Seriously! What in false eyelash hell has she done to her face?!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    They're adopted half sisters. Melissa was adopted by the Gilberts, and when they divorced the mom re-married and gave birth to Sara with new hubby. When Sara went into show business she wanted to springboard off Melissa's success and changed her last name to Gilbert - the adoptive dad/first hubby's last name.
    Thank you. I could never work out why I saw no family resemblance.

It sounds like a really rude question, to me! I would never go around asking questions about the sexuality of other people's friends and relative.
    And WOW, Melissa Gilbert's face is really messed up.

I didn't see the interview; what was Melissa on The Talk to promote? Seems like an "out of left-field" question, especially if it made Sarah "squirm" -- makes me wonder if Sarah knew Sharon would ask the question.

fgg

Sara Gilbert: I Realized I Was Gay While Dating Johnny Galecki

Sara Gilbert is out and proud – but still has some fear.

The former child star, 38, who has been engaged to Linda Perry since earlier this year, spoke about her sexuality on Thursday during The Talk's "secret" week.

"I want people to know there can still be a struggle with it and that's okay," says the show's co-host. "It's a process and there can be a part of you that doesn't want to feel different or feel scared."

Gilbert credits ex-boyfriend Johnny Galecki, 38, for helping her through the experience of coming to terms with her sexuality.

"I thought he was super cute and I had a total crush on him," Gilbert recalls of her former Roseanne costar. "And we started dating and he would come over and we would, like, make out, and then I would start to get depressed."

Once Gilbert realized Galecki was offended by her actions, she "eventually told him I thought it was about my sexuality and he was super sweet about it."

"I started dating a woman who was like 18 years older than I was, who was also in the public eye," she continues. "It was something people could have found out about. Like no one knew at the show for years, and Johnny held the secret the whole time. And I always felt so scared. If it came out, what could happen? Could I lose my career? Will I ever be able to play a straight role again?"

All these years later, Gilbert, who has appeared on Galecki's The Big Bang Theory, is still close to her ex, who she spoke to before Thursday's emotional reveal.

"I called him and I just said, 'Is it okay – I'm thinking of talking about this,' " Gilbert said, adding with a laugh, "The story sort of starts with you. And I've got to say I made out with you and got depressed, which is kind of a bummer."

She adds: "[He said], 'Of course. I love you and I think it's really important and I'm so proud of you … If you want, I will be there and I will hold your hand.' It was so sweet, and this story really makes Johnny look good."

Sara Gilbert: I Realized I Was Gay While Dating Johnny Galecki - Johnny Galecki, Sara Gilbert : People.com
    sluce likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Johnny Galecki seems like a genuine super guy all the way around! I've never heard anything negative about him.
    tulip and Belt Up like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information