Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Split Up

Default Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Split Up

'People change and forget to tell each other': Ian Somerhalder's cryptic tweet after split from Vampire Diaries co-stars Nina Dobrev

By J J ANISIOBI

For four years they have played on screen companions in the supernatural hit television show The Vampire Diaries.
    But Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder have reportedly called time on their real-life romance after three years of dating.
    The good looking co-stars, who appear in the CW series as Elena Gilbert and Damon Salvatore, are said to have decided to call it quits, but have vowed to continue working together as normal.

Vampires suck: Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder, pictured earlier this year, have split up after three years of dating

A source told Us Weekly that the pair 'will continue to work together and remain best friends, which is where the relationship started.'
    Nina, 24, and Ian, 34, have reportedly promised to not let their personal relationship affect their onscreen chemistry and will remain 'consummate professionals'.
    But the actor seemed to make a slight dig at his former flame by posting a somewhat vague message on his Twitter page on Thursday, writing: 'A THOUGHT FOR TODAY: People change and forget to tell each other. -Lillian Hellman, playwright (1905-1984).'

Telling? Ian posted this message on his Twitter page after news of the split broke on Thursday

Familiar faces: The two stars of Vampire Diaries have promised to remain consummate professionals despite their break up

Blood suckers: Ian and Nina star in The Vampire Diaries as Damon Salvatore and Elena Gilbert, with Paul Wesley playing Stefan Salvatore

Last year, Dobrev revealed that she never wanted to date Somerhalder, but she simply couldn't resist her feelings.
    In an interview with Seventeen magazine the actress admitted: 'Sometimes you can't help who you have a connection with, and you can only fight it for so long.'
    Dobrev added: 'I didn't want to be dating one of my co-stars - my goal on the show was to be professional.'
    Despite their 10-year age difference, the stars began quietly dating in 2010 - a year after the hit show started filming.
    However, Nina needn't be too worried about who she will hang out with on set post split - the female stars on the show are particularly close.

She told the magazine: 'Girl's weekend with the Vampire Diaries girls has become a big deal! It's our quality time.
    'We go to dinner or cook dinner together, watch movies, lie on the beach, and take tons of pictures.'

A touch of glamour: Nina arrived at the Met Ball alone on Monday

Ian Somerhalder's cryptic tweet after split from Vampire Diaries co-stars Nina Dobrev | Mail Online

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Never thought it would last. Best of luck to both.

I never bought them as a couple but she made a pretty beard. He was even prettier.
    bonnie lass and Callalily like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

For real, he's prettier than her and she's beautiful.
    bonnie lass likes this.

They would have had beautiful babies
    BelledeJour likes this.

Am I the only one who finds him unattractive? It's like he's so pretty, he's ugly. Reminds me a lot of Rob Lowe that way.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Silver Member

He's always been a pretentious windbag. And what's with that high-schoolery tweet? Lord.

This makes me kind of sad, they were cute together.
    Plus they both seem like good seeds.

They could have at least produced one super gorgeous über baby, shame.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Am I the only one who finds him unattractive? It's like he's so pretty, he's ugly. Reminds me a lot of Rob Lowe that way.
    I'm the exact opposite. I have a thing for pretty boys, never works out well for me

Waiting patiently for his call.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Any 34 year old who sends out a high school-type tweet about a breakup from a relationship automatically loses sexy point in my eyes. They would have made beautiful babies though.

Hot damn, he's back on the market!

All the photos of them together for last few months actually suggested they would split up soon.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Yes agree. I'm not attracted to him at all. I'm not a huge fan of her either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information