Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Jessica Alba Wore Double Corset To Lose Baby Weight

Default Jessica Alba Wore Double Corset To Lose Baby Weight

Jessica Alba Wore Double Corset To Lose Baby Weight

The truth is revealed!
    Just four months after giving birth to her second daughter, Jessica Alba wowed in a bikini while vacationing with her family. And now, the mom-of-two is admitting to the extreme measures she took to look so svelte.
    “I wore a double corset day and night for three months,” the actress, 31, tells Net-a-Porter. “It was sweaty, but worth it.” Calling her weight loss method “brutal,” the actress adds that “it’s not for everyone.”
    The Sin City: A Dame to Kill actress says her acting has changed since motherhood.
    “My approach to acting now is so different – I’m fearless because I have nothing to lose,” she shares. “Before children my identity was wrapped up in every decision – now I don’t care.”
    The Honest Company founder went on to talk about juggling work and family life. ”I don’t balance [work and home] well. I just try to do the best I can.”
    And after their recent trip to St. Barts with hubby Cash Warren — sans daughters Honor, 4, and 1-year-old Haven — the couple feels closer than ever.
    “It was our first trip in six years that wasn’t a work trip,” she says. “I didn’t realize how important it was until we got home and I was like ‘We like each other! We really are best friends.’”
    She adds: “I knew we were rooting for each other every day and we’d made these two people who are my favorite things on the planet, but having that time just us, it was cool to connect. We both chose the right person.”
    Jessica Alba Wore Double Corset To Lose Baby Weight | Celebrity Baby Scoop

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Uhm, how in the fuck is that supposed to help her lose weight? Might have helped her look fairly svelte for just having given birth. But that's about all I can think of. Unless that compression made it easier to stick to a diet because eating was so damned uncomfortable. And she took it off only to exercise and bathe.
    00Kimmi00 likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Whatevs. She's a celebrity and looking good is her job. I don't see where she's recommending everyone try it or anything.
    hustle4alivin likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Yeah but I just wanna know how it made her lose weight.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

it's hard to eat in a corset. it probably helps with portion control.
    whitetigeress likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

i don't think it makes you lose weight - either she doesn't get that or net-à-porter doesn't - but lots of women wear compression garments after they give birth because i think they're supposed to help get everything back in its place. i don't know if it actually works or not but it sort of makes sense. also, don't doctors make you wear compression garments after you get lipo as well? i think the idea is the same, to get the loose skin back in place.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Well, my work uniform at the time was enough of a compression garment for me. But I did spanx underneath for quite a bit. It wasn't really loose skin, but I'm short-waisted and I really felt like my ribcage had expanded during pregnancy. If I could have afforded one, I can't say I wouldn't have tried a really heavy duty corset (the kind someone else has to lace you into).

Really, I think no matter what you do it just takes good old fashioned time. But I understand celebrities don't exactly have that unless they choose to go into exile for awhile.

Gwyneth Paltrow also wore a post-natal corset.
    However considering its their job to look good, who can blame them? If I could get one that stays put I'd be wearing one too!

i saw this in the news recently:-
    Slim like an Egyptian: Can tying a simple cord around your waist like the ancients help you lose weight for summer?
    Published on April 24th, 2013
    Written by: Administrator
    The country remains in the grip of an obesity crisis despite the reams of faddy new diets launched every week, so maybe we need to look at the history books to find the answer to our ever increasing waistlines?

A new British company hopes to help the nation slim back to health with a simple, old-fashioned gadget used by the ancient Egyptians.

So simple in fact that it looks just like a piece of string.

Unlike ordinary string the Malory Band claims it won¿t stretch, fray, rub, rot or retain water. It can be worn 24/7

Worn around the middle, the polyester band provides a gentle reminder of when you’ve had enough to eat. It provokes a state of constant awareness and motivation to eat less and more healthily.

Waist measurement is seen as a reliable indicator of general health and the Malory Band is designed to be a continuos reminder of how wide our waistline is.

It’s a centuries-old concept used by ancient civilisations for getting back in shape after childbirth or reducing the waistline.

Ancient Egyptians, Indians and Americans were all fans.

Unlike ordinary string the Malory Band claims it won’t stretch, fray, rub, rot or retain water. It can be worn 24/7 as its fabric is washable and durable – meaning it doesn’t need to be removed for the shower.

The band has a unique button-hole system where a round button goes through one of the button holes and the band lies at a comfortable tension around your middle, allowing it to be made smaller as you lose the inches. As your waist loses inches, the ‘tail’ becomes longer as you move the button up the button-holes to a smaller size.

You can stop the inches creeping back on by continuing to wear the band after reaching your healthier target size.

Slim like an Egyptian: Can tying a simple cord around your waist like the ancients help you lose weight for summer?|BBB News
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Hit By Ban Bus!

Her and Giselle are both dumb bitches
    SunShine23 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by boytoy View Post
    Her and Giselle are both dumb bitches
    Why???

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't think it makes you lose weight - either she doesn't get that or net-à-porter doesn't - but lots of women wear compression garments after they give birth because i think they're supposed to help get everything back in its place. i don't know if it actually works or not but it sort of makes sense. also, don't doctors make you wear compression garments after you get lipo as well? i think the idea is the same, to get the loose skin back in place.
    Bingo!

There's been quite a bit of evidence that compression helps with size, though not weight. (Sorry, Mrs D.) A little while back there were even a couple of Italian cosmetic surgeons who created some pre-Spanks, mid-thigh compression pants that were touted as size-reducing if you wore them every day for a few weeks. (This was based on their clients post-lipo observations, so Sputnik is right.)

Using a corset or waspie to shrink the waistline goes back even further. There was the famous Mr Pearl, for example, who wore one every day and had an 18" waist. Of course, once you stop wearing these things, the body starts to revert to a more natural size and shape. Unless it's the bones that have been changed. (I'm thinking of Japanese foot-binding, although I think that was done while the bones were still young and soft.)

I would imagine that, if nothing else, wearing two corsets stopped Alba from over-eating. Whether it's a corset, a string or just a tight waistband, it's bloody uncomfortable to eat anything but small meals when you're wearing something very constrictive around your stomach.
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

If we're talking elasticised spanx type corsets, they're quite comfortable once you have stopped them rolling down, very different to a traditional boned corset (which is not what I think that she means).

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Ma Kitty says that she wore old fashioned playtex girdles for a month or so after giving birth on the advice of an older lady neighbour. I don't think it did anything to help with losing weight but she does believe that it helped her stomach back into shape faster. She's 63 this year and still has a lovely flat tummy (damn her...).
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Lol! Yeah, I wish that after 2 x abdominal surgeries in 18 mths I'd done the same. Is it too late now? I'm on a mission to get back to my old size (that was a 14 but now appears to be an 8! What happened???) and I have "tummy issues"....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information