Thread: 3 Doors Down bassist Todd Harrell arrested for Vehicular Homicide by Intoxication

Default 3 Doors Down bassist Todd Harrell arrested for Vehicular Homicide by Intoxication

Todd Harrell has been arrested and charged with vehicular homicide by intoxication.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Bassist Robert Todd Harrell of the rock band 3 Doors Down has been charged with vehicular homicide by intoxication after an interstate crash claimed the life of another motorist in the Nashville area, police said.
    The 41-year-old musician remained jailed early Sunday in connection with the fatal accident late Friday night on Interstate 40 that left 47-year-old Paul Howard Shoulders Jr. dead, the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department said.
    A police statement said a preliminary investigation showed that Harrell was driving west at a high rate of speed in the Nashville suburb of Hermitage when his car clipped a pickup truck driven by Shoulders. Police said the pickup then went out of control, struck a guardrail, went down an embankment and overturned. Shoulders was ejected.
    Authorities said Harrell's car hit a retaining wall and stopped about a quarter mile away.
    Police said Harrell showed signs of impairment when he underwent field sobriety tasks, adding in their statement that "he acknowledged consuming hard cider and taking prescription Lortab" and Xanax.
    Shoulders, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was pronounced dead at a Nashville hospital, authorities added.
    The police statement said Harrell, of Mt. Juliet, also was charged with bringing controlled substances into the jail. Authorities said sheriff's deputies had discovered a plastic bag concealed in his sock that contained eight Xanax pills, 24 Oxycodone pills and four Oxymorphone pills during a search at the booking room.
    Early Sunday, a jail official contacted by The Associated Press said Harrell remained in custody in lieu of $100,000 bond. The official, who declined to be identified by name, said Harrell was not available and jail records didn't indicate whether he had an attorney.
    The official said Harrell faces a court appearance Thursday morning.
    "We are deeply saddened by the passing of Paul Howard Shoulders, Jr. Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and friends at this difficult time," said a statement released on the 3 Doors Down website.
    The band, which formed in Mississippi in the `90s and touts a straight-up rock `n' roll sound with such hits as "Away From The Sun" and "Kryptonite," did not elaborate on the statement.
    Metropolitan Nashville Police, contacted by the AP, said they would have no further information beyond the statement released on a local government website. Authorities reached at a county sheriff's office said they had no information.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3127101.html

Anyone who has ever known Todd personally is not one bit shocked by this. My heart aches for the victim and his family. What a damn shame.

The mug shot:
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

I met this guy by accident once (was not a fan of the band) and yeah, not shocked. He's an a-hole. The drummer guy was really very nice, but I'm pretty sure he was Canadian.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I love 3 doors down too. What a fucking asshole. That poor victim and family.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I don't mind some of their songs but what an asshole!

I do like some of their songs as well. I hope this fuck gets what he deserves.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I liked the Superman/Kryptonite song, but that's pretty much it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

He is an asshole, and I feel sorry for the victim's family. I don't think I could live with myself if I killed someone while drunk.

god. so fucking senseless. i mean, a meteor can fall from the sky and hit you. that's like divine intervention.

but getting killed by some asshole who was drunk. that's just preventable, unfair and evil.

i'm glad they charge people for this.

Bronze Member

his music sucks too

I tried to come up with something to say to this, and all that came out was a 30 word long sentence consisting of nothing but curse words and the nastiest insults. And he deserves every. single. one of them.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Thread Information