Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By fgg

Thread: Baby Girl on the Way for Jenna Wolfe (Today Show) and Stephanie Gosk (NBC News)

fgg

Default Baby Girl on the Way for Jenna Wolfe (Today Show) and Stephanie Gosk (NBC News)

Baby Girl on the Way for Jenna Wolfe and Stephanie Gosk

Jenna Wolfe is sharing some happy news: not only is she expecting her first child — a girl! — in late August, she’s also coming out publicly with her partner, NBC News correspondent Stephanie Gosk.

“This is the most exciting thing that has ever happened to us,” the Today weekend anchor tells PEOPLE exclusively in its new issue. “But I don’t want to bring my daughter into a world where I’m not comfortable telling everyone who I am and who her mother is.”

“The beauty is that we live in a time where there’s no need for secrecy,” Gosk, 40, adds. “This is a spectacular moment for us.”

Together for three years, the pair began discussing starting a family and after deciding Wolfe would carry the child, underwent artificial insemination with an anonymous donor.

“We were constantly on the road,” Wolfe, 39, says. “It’s a miracle we got it all together.”

The couple is also planning to wed, but admit they’re more excited for the baby.

“For a long time I had feared I would never have a child,” Gosk admits. Notes Wolfe, ”We can’t wait to start.”

Baby Girl on the Way for Jenna Wolfe and Stephanie Gosk – Moms & Babies – Moms & Babies - People.com

pic & video at the link.

am i the only one that didn't realize that jenna was a lesbian? she's always been one of my favorites so i'm happy for her!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

fgg, I also had no idea. At first I couldn't stand her then she grew on me and now I like her the best. Happy for them.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Good for them, I like Jenna!

Congrats to them!!!!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I am so happy for them. Jenna never lied or hid her sexual orientation, but she also did not advertise. Her coworkers all knew and liked her and Stephanie together from what I was told.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

What a cute couple! I also had absolutely no idea either one was gay. How wonderful for them.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

So sweet! I can't wait to see their baby.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I like the way it was dealt with-a joyous occasion and everyone supportive.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I am inordinately happy for them for some reason. I never suspected that they were a couple, and they have handled this wonderfully. I hope they incorporate more of Jenna's pregnancy into the show, maybe have Stephanie appear with her occasionally.

- Mark Twain

fgg

Jenna Wolfe Kisses Newborn Baby Girl (Harper Estelle Wolfeld Gosk) in First Photo From Stephanie Gosk

World, meet Harper Estelle Wolfeld Gosk! On Wednesday, Aug. 21, shortly after Jenna Wolfe gave birth to a baby girl, the Today show weekend anchor's girlfriend, NBC News correspondent Stephanie Gosk, shared the first photo of the couple's daughter via Twitter.

"First pic. We couldn't be happier," Gosk captioned the sweet shot, which shows a serene-looking Wolfe kissing the newborn's tiny head. "Thanks for all the great messages."

As previously reported, Wolfe gave birth to baby Harper at 7:31 p.m. on Aug. 21. She weighed in at 7 pounds, 13 ounces.

Just hours earlier, Wolfe wrote her final pre-baby blog post on Today.com, joking that she was working on "slightly borrowed time" and that her labor could literally begin at any second. "Goodbye for now! When we meet again, I'll be a mom," she titled the post.

"Steph thinks I'm a little nutty lately (and rightfully so)," she wrote. "But apparently there's a correlation between proximity to your due date and nesting nuttiness. (Watch me have this baby today.)"

"The next time you hear from me in this space," she continued, "we'll have a little bundle of wonder to introduce you to. Somehow between now and then, I'll go to the hospital, endure the IV, do a bunch of waiting, contracting, pushing, sweating, some cursing, crying, and eventually, falling...as in, falling madly and unconditionally in love with this baby girl."

"My life's going to change this week," she added. "A new word will be added to my bio: 'mom.' It's a little word with huge responsibilities. Easy to spell, hard to live up to. It's a word you have to earn. I've said it millions and millions and millions of times growing up, but only now will I truly understand its value."

Jenna Wolfe Baby Pic: Stephanie Gosk Tweets First Photo of Daughter - UsMagazine.com

pic at the link.
    Last edited by fgg; August 22nd, 2013 at 03:08 PM.
    JazzyGirl and McJag like this.

So sweet!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I'm thrilled for them; they were on "Today" yesterday, skyping live, and they looked so happy.

- Mark Twain

That baby has the longest legs! So cute.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

fgg

Jenna Wolfe Is Pregnant, Expecting Second Child With Stephanie Gosk: Watch Her Adorable Baby Announcement Here

Baby number two! Today show correspondent Jenna Wolfe announced Friday, Aug. 22, that she is expecting her second child with partner, NBC News correspondent Stephanie Gosk.

The Today show personality appeared in the Orange Room to present a segment on creative baby announcements. Swiping through the slides, she came across one of an ultrasound. "This is an interesting one," she told the team. "Does that face look familiar? Does it look anything like that?" she continued, pointing to a her 1-year-old daughter in a family photo.

"Harper is going to be a big sister!" Wolfe revealed. "I figured I got pregnant, I did it right the first time. I'm just going to do the exact same thing again and we're going to hope for the best."

Wolfe's pregnancy revelation follows a busy baby month for the Today show's personalities. Carson Daly welcomed his daughter London Rose this week, while Savannah Guthrie welcomed her daughter Vale last week.

In a post last September, Wolfe chronicled motherhood and what it entails a month after welcoming her baby girl. "If someone asked me today what parenthood is all about," she wrote, "I'd have to shrug my shoulders real high, smile real big and hug Harper real tight."

Wolfe made headlines in March 2013 when she came out as gay and announced she was expecting a baby girl with Gosk. "Something just sort of told me it was time. Two years into a great relationship we felt like we wanted to share our adventures with a wide-eyed, little person," Wolfe shared in a blog post. "And might I just add that despite the morning sickness, it's been the best decision we've ever made."

Read more: Jenna Wolfe Is Pregnant, Expecting Second Child With Stephanie Gosk - Us Weekly

pics and video at the link

Congrats to them!

Thread Information