Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Giuliana Rancic: "We Put Our Marriage First and Our Child Second"

Default Giuliana Rancic: "We Put Our Marriage First and Our Child Second"

Giuliana Rancic: "We Put Our Marriage First and Our Child Second" - Yahoo! omg!

Giuliana Rancic: "We Put Our Marriage First and Our Child Second"
    Us Weekly – 2 hours 34 minutes ago.. .

Marriage over motherhood? Yes, says Giuliana Rancic, who welcomed baby boy Edward Duke via surrogate last summer with husband Bill Rancic.

Speaking to Us Weekly on Feb. 26 at a Toast to Red Carpet Style event hosted by Crystal Light Liquid and the E! News host, Rancic shared the secret to their happy marriage: She and her husband make their relationship a priority, even when there's a "cutest baby ever" in their life.

"We're husband and wife, but we're also best friends, and it's funny because a lot of people, when they have kids, they put the baby first, and the marriage second," says the 37-year-old breast-cancer survivor. "That works for some people. For us, I find, we put our marriage first and our child second, because the best thing we can do for him is have a strong marriage."

"So we're even stronger than we ever were before and even imagined we could be," continues Rancic, who recently reported from the Oscar red carpet for E!. "Like Oscar morning, Duke wakes up, like, twice during the night because he's so hungry and wants to eat every 4 hours. So Bill, like, no question was like 'I got it. Tonight you get a good night's sleep.' And when Bill has shoots the next day or meetings the next day, I do it…. It's kind of amazing…. I always say to Bill, 'You were my first baby,' because he was! He was my first love and my first baby and Duke is my second baby."

The couple, who have plans for a second child ("We'd love to do it, so hopefully it's sooner rather than later," she says), also makes sure to schedule in time for date nights. "We do it all the time. I had Oscars and then Fashion Police, and now I'm done. Awards season is over. So last night Bill surprised me. He had Chicago deep dish pizza flown in from Giordano's!," the reality star tells Us. "He knows after awards season, I go to town! We had that and some frozen yogurt for dessert and…walked around Santa Monica. It was sweet!"
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I saw this posted on Us Weekly's FB page and people were going nuts. A lot of parents (women, mostly) horrified that a mother could put anyone ahead of her child(ren). There were also a lot that agreed with Giuliana that if you make a strong marriage and foundation, the children will benefit and be happier in the long run. Nothing seems to bring out the competition and judgment more than parenting choices other people make.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post

"Like Oscar morning, Duke wakes up, like, twice during the night because he's so hungry and wants to eat every 4 hours. So Bill, like, no question was like 'I got it. Tonight you get a good night's sleep.'
    Like, I can't believe she is, like, paid to, like, communicate.
    msdeb, KrisNine, sluce and 13 others like this.

my kids come before my marriage. been married 22 yrs, so I'm assuming its working so far.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I love my SO and he loves me. We put each other first for almost 10 years. We put our daughter first now. It doesn't mean our relationship is less important, things have just "evolved"

I always wonder when people say things like this. Do they really mean they put their marriage and their spouse first, or do they mean that they still make it a point to keep the marriage strong? I guess I don't understand the actual need to put either first since the relationships are so totally different.

I have not read this yet because I read the title and just....oh my God she annoys the shit out of me!!!!! Going back to read it now. I put my spouse and my children and myself first haha, all in different ways and at different times. She is so dense.
    Flygirl and Butterfly like this.

I just hate it when people are so smug and in your face about their parenting/family decisions and why they are the best. Good for you that you have date night! Those parents covered in baby shit with leaky breasts still carrying 20 pounds of baby weight working 40 + hours a week without the luxury of loads of money and nannies are grateful just to get 4 hours of sleep a night. It doesn't mean our relationship is any less strong because a baby has to be cared for first before a grown man for a few years. I don't begrudge anyone with the luxury of good babysitters/nannies a good date night every once in a while. Just quit talking with the smug implication that every woman who doesn't go out with her man all the time is some sweat pants wearing, post-partum mess who never pleases her husband. Sorry, I'm overreacting but Giuliana is quickly entering Gisele territory with me. Make your own family decisions, justify them the best way you know how, and then shut the fuck up about it. Some spouses are always going to leave or feel neglected and some kids are always going to grow up into shitty adults. Leave the second guessing, judgy attitudes, and guilt trips behind, because in the end we all do what we think is best at the time for our own families and situations.sorry for the rant....

Now now Flygirl - Giuliana has been a mom for almost 6 months. We should all listen to her advice.

Well, I got divorced and he died so, so my kid came first. The she left for college, so I got laid off from parenting. Now I come first!
    Flygirl, idunno, gas_chick and 4 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I know of a few people who say similar things. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that. In the case of my mother's cousin, who is the one I know most, she'll outright say that while she loves her kids, she loves her husband more and it doesn't mean she's a bad mother, she raised 4 kids and gave up her career to do that, but she also made it a point to travel with her husband, leaving her kids behind from a very early age, and they go to dinner and entertain and kind of allow themselves to have moments that are just for them.
    Needless to say, most of the women in the family were shocked and having vapours and shit about her parenting philosophy.

The more common pattern seems to be women having kids and then kind of neglecting their relationship and it become all about the kids and I'm sure that works for a lot of people but i don't think there's anything wrong with making it a point to not let your kids become the be all end all of your existence, and to let your kids know they are just as important in your life as their father is.

i don't take it to mean that they're neglecting their kid and don't love him at all or anything, but I'm not appalled the way I'm sure a lot of people were. And I don't even like this chick.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Sput - I don't think most people really care that much. Each person will decide what is best for them. I believe most backlash here will come from her, like telling us, like how we should, like be putting our man, like first. Like, ya know?
    MmeVertigina, idunno and Flygirl like this.

I have no kids, so I have no educated opinion on the matter but it doesn't sound terrible and detrimental to the kids to put her marriage first.

I'll show myself out now.

holly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Sput - I don't think most people really care that much. Each person will decide what is best for them. I believe most backlash here will come from her, like telling us, like how we should, like be putting our man, like first. Like, ya know?
    Re: the backlash, i meant the, like, reactions Laurent, like, referred to that were on us weekly's like fb page.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

"Like Oscar morning, Duke wakes up, like, twice during the night because he's so hungry and wants to eat every 4 hours. So Bill, like, no question was like 'I got it. Tonight you get a good night's sleep.'

What a hard life those two lead. Their baby, like, wants to be fed and stuff and they, like, have to do it, even though, like, it's the day of the Oscars and junk.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

czb

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    . . .

i don't take it to mean that they're neglecting their kid and don't love him at all or anything, but I'm not appalled the way I'm sure a lot of people were. And I don't even like this chick.
    i'm not appalled, either. and i don't really think she is being smug. inarticulate, maybe. but not smug.
    Laurent, Novice and holly like this.

I don't think you have to make a choice. Most of the couples I know put the kids first jointly at first when the babe is so helpless. Then gradually back off so that when they take off at 18 you are that much closer.
    In my case after a divorce you damn straight I put my son first. I made it clear that he was here first and if necessary would be here last. He was here on earth by my choice and deserved my love and protection.
    MmeVertigina, Lalique and Flygirl like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information