Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Laurent
  • 1 Post By gas_chick

Thread: Megan Fox Cast in Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles Movie After Epic Feud

fgg

Default Megan Fox Cast in Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles Movie After Epic Feud

Megan Fox Cast in Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles Movie After Epic Feud

After a very public falling out, Megan Fox and Michael Bay are back on good terms. The actress has been cast in Bay's upcoming live-action, CGI hybrid Ninja Turtles, the producer announced via his official website Feb. 21. "TMNT: We are bringing Megan Fox back into the family!" he wrote.

Fox, 26, will play April O'Neil, the human friend of the Ninja Turtles. Bay will produce Ninja Turtles via his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form; Wrath of the Titans' Jonathan Liebesman has been tapped to direct.

Fox appeared in Bay's first two Transformers movies before he replaced her with model-turned-actress Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in the third installment, 2011's Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Fox famously trashed her role in the first film, telling Entertainment Weekly in 2009, "I'm terrible in it. It's my first real movie and it's not honest and not realistic. The movie wasn't bad, I just wasn't proud about what I did."

The following year, she told Wonderland magazine that Bay, 48, is "like Napoleon and he wants to create this insane, infamous mad-man reputation. He wants to be like Hitler on his sets, and he is. So, he's a nightmare to work for."

Executive producer Steven Spielberg advised Bay to fire Fox, the director told GQ in 2011 "She was in a different world, on her BlackBerry," Bay explained of choosing to replace the actress with Huntington-Whiteley, 25. "You gotta stay focused. And you know, the Hitler thing."

Bay insisted he "wasn't hurt" by Fox's snipe. "Because I know that's just Megan. Megan loves to get a response. And she does it in kind of the wrong way. I'm sorry, Megan. I'm sorry I made you work twelve hours. I'm sorry that I'm making you show up on time. Movies are not always warm and fuzzy."

Series star Shia LaBeouf defended Bay's decision, telling the magazine, "Criticism is one thing. Then there's public name-calling, which turns into high school bashing. Which you can't do. She started sh-t talking our captain."

Fox -- who has since welcomed a son, Noah, with husband Brian Austin Green -- was applauded for standing up to Bay by her Friends With Kids costar Chris O'Dowd in March 2012. "Who wouldn't have a fallout with [Bay]?" the 33-year-old Irish actor told The Toronto Sun. "It's one of the sexist things I've ever seen. She called him an a--hole. Well, he is a f-cking a--hole. She's not the only one who has said that. Why has she been singled out?"

Megan Fox Cast in Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles Movie After Epic Feud - UsMagazine.com

looks like somebody had to eat crow after realizing she's not that great of an actress and roles weren't landing in her lap...
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Well, he couldn't let a petty feud keep him from casting the greatest acting talent since Meryl Streep. Nor could she pass up the opportunity to work again with one of the most respected directors of our time because of a little Hitler-like behavior.

Ninja Turtles? Seriously? Aren't they about 25 years too late with trying for a rediculous live action of this thing?
    InigoMontoya likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Bronze Member

Ninja Turtles are back in a big way. My 5 year old loves them. Nickelodeon has revived and revamped the cartoon. It was a bitch finding those little green bastards at Christmas this year. However, my husband is tickled pink that he gets to watch the Ninja Turtles with his son since he loved them too when he was little.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkSharpie View Post
    Ninja Turtles are back in a big way. My 5 year old loves them. Nickelodeon has revived and revamped the cartoon. It was a bitch finding those little green bastards at Christmas this year. However, my husband is tickled pink that he gets to watch the Ninja Turtles with his son since he loved them too when he was little.

She's fucking him,....

She better have red soccer mom hair and a non-slutty yellow jumpsuit, that's all I'm saying
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I figured with her face they were casting her as Leonardo.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

The man is taking a squat right over my childhood. The CG TMNT was actually pretty decent but theres no way this will be good. Not with these two attached to it. She cant act and he loves explosions. This is going to be downright horrible. You know what, Ill watch it at a friends house.

Maybe he's kissing her ass. Not that the Transformer movies were great but they were worse without her.
    whitetigeress likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    I figured with her face they were casting her as Leonardo.
    I know. It's too bad she's not playing a Ninja turtle. I'm sure it wouldn't be a stretch.

And LOL at her other options already drying up. It couldn't be the ps that stopped her being an ac-tor!

Peter Laird Slams Megan Fox's Casting in Ninja Turtles
    "There are probably hundreds of better choices for the role of April O'Neil."

by Jim Vejvoda
    March 6, 2013

The co-creator of TMNT is not a fan of the casting of Megan Fox as April O'Neil in producer Michael Bay's upcoming Ninja Turtles reboot.

In a post on his blog, Peter Laird wrote:

"My only exposure to Megan Fox as an actress is through her role in two Transformers movies and the wretched (but happily forgettable) Jennifer's Body. It may not be fair to judge her range of acting skills just from those three movies, but I think it is safe to say that there are probably hundreds of better choices for the role of April O'Neil. Of course, her name has promotional value, and maybe that's what they want. Who knows? I can't get myself too worked up about it."

Source: Peter Laird Slams Megan Fox's Casting in Ninja Turtles - IGN
    Video at the link.

One of the two creators isnt too amused either.

Does Peter Laird think that Megan Fox was hired because of her talent? Oh, dear. Some kind person needs to pull him aside and get him up to speed.

As far as Megan goes, hey a girl's gotta eat. It's not like Brian Austin Green is pulling in the big bucks. When he sued his ex, I suspected his funds were running low.

Thread Information