Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Clive Davis Reveals Secrets About Legendary Artists and His Own Sexuality

fgg

Default Clive Davis Reveals Secrets About Legendary Artists and His Own Sexuality

Clive Davis Reveals Secrets About Legendary Artists and His Own Sexuality

His musical enthusiasms are legendary — as is his break-neck schedule — and those so-called “golden ears.”

Not only did he discover talent as wide-ranging as Janis Joplin, Santana, Whitney Houston and Alicia Keys, he has recorded everyone from Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen to Dionne Warwick and Aretha Franklin. There were the Grateful Dead and Aerosmith. Did I mention, Barry Manilow, Jennifer Hudson and Kelly Clarkson? He formed a company with L.A. Reid and Babyface, which became home base for Usher and Pink. With Sean “Puffy” Combs he founded Bad Boy Records and recorded Notorious B.I.G. The list does go on and on.

Nearly 50 years after the one-time lawyer became the president of CBS Records, he remains a vital force in the music industry. Davis, now 80, reigns as the chief creative officer of Sony Music Entertainment and just last week he appeared on the cover of Billboard Magazine’s power issue.

Now comes his autobiography, “The Sound Track of My Life,” in which he chronicles a childhood in Brooklyn, the loss of his parents when he was still a teen and his triumphant, scholarship-supported march through New York University and then Harvard Law School.

The over 500-page book is filled with the often juicy behind-the-scenes stories of some of the best known artists of our time: How Janice Joplin suggested she perform a sexual act with him to seal their deal, how John Lennon offered him insight to the creative process, the false accusations of embezzlement that ended his career at CBS.

And there are deeply personal revelations: The end of his two marriages, and in the final chapter, Davis discusses his sexuality. He is bisexual, he told me. Since the end of his second marriage in 1985, he has been sexually involved with men. At first with both men and women, Davis said, but for the past 20 years with two male partners: A doctor for 13 years and for the past seven, with another man he does not name.

He tells me bisexuality is “maligned and misunderstood” but that it is his truth and he decided it was time for him to say so publicly. I asked Davis about the old adage that people are “either gay, straight or lying.”

“I’m not lying,” Davis said. ”[Bisexuality] does exist. For over 50 years I never had sex with a male. It wasn’t repressed. I had very good sexual relationships with women.”

When pressed about why he doesn’t name the men he has had relationships with, he said it is their privacy he is protecting, not his own.

We have followed Davis around for much of the past month — trying to keep up. From his extraordinary office at the top of New York’s Sony Building, to his stunning, art-filled New York duplex and finally to his bungalow at the Beverly Hills Hotel, Davis is fun to be around. Something is always happening. New young composers want to meet with him, senior citizen superstars need his ear. He is always unruffled. Has time for everyone. The necktie and handkerchief always match.

And music, there is always more music.

Clive Davis Reveals Secrets About Legendary Artists and His Own Sexuality - ABC News

videos of the interview at the link.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I want to read this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I wonder if he'll have a chapter on why he and his company decided to send crackhead Whitney back on tour when clearly she wasn't ready to. Not a Whitney fan, but that was just about the dumbest decision of his career.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I bet someone was trying to out him...I've heard lots of tea spilled about his sexual proclivities...
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

I don't care if he's gay or not.....I want to hear the juicy stories about other celebrities. Where's that fucking exerpt?
    shedevilang likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Silver Member

No shit, Clive!

I was more interested in Kelly Clarkson's response

Kelly Clarkson's post "Hey y'all, So I just heard ..." on WhoSay

fgg

which was? don't make me work for it!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Kelly Clarkson just went up a few notches on my respectometer.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

And the gays are welcome to him. We don't want him.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Kelly Clarkson just went up a few notches on my respectometer.
    Mine too. Team Kelly!! You go, girl!

Kelly Clarkson: 'I Refuse to Be Bullied' by Clive Davis

By Patrick Gomez

02/19/2013 at 06:00 PM EST

Kelly Clarkson; Clive Davis
    Kevin Mazur/Wireimage; Dan Hallman/Invision/AP

Clive Davis may have made headlines by revealing his bisexuality in his new memoir, but Kelly Clarkson is more concerned about what he's written in regards to her career.

"I refuse to be bullied and I just have to clear up his memory lapses and misinformation," the recent Grammy winner wrote Tuesday on WhoSay. "It feels like a violation."

In his newly released memoir The Soundtrack of My Life, Davis recalls a meeting with Clarkson that was "a very tough conversation, and it didn't get any easier when Kelly burst in to hysterical sobbing," while discussing the inclusion of "Since U Been Gone" on her second album, Breakaway.

"Not true at all," Clarkson says. "His stories and songs are mixed up. I couldn't be more proud of that song. I resent him dampening that song in any way."

Clarkson goes on to state that she did cry in the meeting but not about "Since U Been Gone."

"I cried after I played him a song I had written about my life called 'Because of You,' " she says. "He hated it and told me verbatim that I was a 's–––ty writer who should be grateful for the gifts that he bestows upon me.' "

Davis recalls a completely different version of the "Because of You" conflict in his book, released Tuesday.

"In subsequent interviews Kelly said that she had to fight to get "Because of You" on the album, but that simply wasn't the case," Clive writes. "I have no idea where she heard that."

Despite the difference in memories, the engaged Clarkson remained positive in her blog.

"I love my job. I love my music. I love my fans," she says. "Growing up is awesome because you learn you don't have to cower to anyone – even Clive Davis."
    Clive Davis, Kelly Clarkson Feud: She Slams His Memoir : People.com
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    I wonder if he'll have a chapter on why he and his company decided to send crackhead Whitney back on tour when clearly she wasn't ready to. Not a Whitney fan, but that was just about the dumbest decision of his career.
    I know but the same thing happened with MJ and Britney. They think one more tour will bring the ghouls out.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    I was more interested in Kelly Clarkson's response

Kelly Clarkson's post "Hey y'all, So I just heard ..." on WhoSay
    Isn't it a violation of TOS to not post the article? I am seeing more and more of this and I refuse to click links because someone is too lazy to post the actual article.

Team Kelly. Because of You is a fantastic song and many patients are attracted to the lyrics and find strength from her words.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Like who didn't suspect this shit Clive and really no one cares go Kelly!
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information