Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Hugh Grant Announces On Twitter Arrival Of Second Child

Default Hugh Grant Announces On Twitter Arrival Of Second Child

'I am thrilled my daughter now has a brother': Hugh Grant announces he has become a father for the second time

• Actor is already father to his daughter Tabitha
    • Takes to Twitter to describe his children's mother as 'fab'

Actor Hugh Grant today said he was 'thrilled' that he has become a father for the second time.
    The Love Actually actor has had a baby boy with the mother of his oldest child.

He announced on Twitter: 'In answer to some journos. Am thrilled my daughter now has a brother.

'Adore them both to an uncool degree. They have a fab mum.'

Hugh Grant was spotted last week, just days before he became a father for the second time

The actor, 52, already has a daughter with partner Tinglan Hong, who is 19 years his junior.

In September 2011 Hugh welcomed his first child Tabitha, after a 'fleeting affair' with Ms Hong.

It is not known if the pair are currently in a relationship.
    Many of the actor's Twitter followers rushed to congratulate him on the arrival.
    One Twitter user,Sarah Gardiner ,wrote: 'Congratulations!! Enjoy every minute.
    While another, Dinah Lea ‏wrote: 'Many many congratulations!! fabulous. Don't miss a minute, make the most of them.'
    Tania McKnight wrote: 'Congratulations! I hope they'll love each other the same way my two do (and wind each other up in the same measure)'.

Whereas some Twitter users were clearly disappointed with the news, as one user, called Jodie Yates, joked: 'Why does Hugh Grant keep having babies with women that aren't me?? #rubbish'.

And in a candid interview he explained that he liked his daughter 'very much', but said that she hasn’t changed his life.

Hugh Grant announced on Twitter that he was the proud father of a new baby boy

He said in March last year: '(People) said never let anyone know, but the baby period is not that exciting. But I am excited, actually.

'I thought, well, I'll bluff through - but very little bluffing has been required.

'I like my daughter very much. Fantastic. Has she changed my life? I'm not sure. Not yet. Not massively, no. But I'm absolutely thrilled to have had her, I really am.

'And I feel a better person. There probably is some truth that one of our main functions on the planet is to reproduce, because it feels like more of an achievement than it should do.'
    Grant has starred in films including About A Boy and Notting Hill.
    The actor, who has never married, dated Elizabeth Hurley for 13 years before they split in 2000, five years after he was caught cheating with Hollywood prostitute Divine Brown.

Actor Hugh Grant with his former girlfriend, actress Liz Hurley in 1994, and left, with former partner Jemima Khan. The actor announced on Twitter his delight at having a son

He and socialite Jemima Khan then dated for three years from 2004.
    It's not the first time the popular actor has taken to Twitter to talk about his private life.
    In December he admitted he was a 'pain in the a**' during an appearance on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

He made a very public confession by taking to his Twitter account and wrote: 'Turns out my inner crab got the better of me with TV producer in 09.

'Unforgivable. J Stewart correct to give me kicking.'
    The Music and Lyrics actor was blasted by Stewart for being rude to his staff and Jon says he will never be invited back.

Speaking at a fundraiser for the Montclair Film Festival in New Jersey last year, the presenter said: 'He's giving everyone s*** the whole time, and he's a big pain in the a**. And we've had dictators on the show.

Read more: Hugh Grant becomes father for the second time announcing the birth of his baby boy | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

fgg

really? wow.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Hmm. I think this is like Jeremy Renner's set up. But I've never really thought of Hugh as gay.

Well, now, that really came out of left field.

Well, if that's all he twittered, he never did come out and say he had another kid. He just said his daughter had a brother.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    Well, if that's all he twittered, he never did come out and say he had another kid. He just said his daughter had a brother.
    "Adore them both to an uncool degree."

Kind of an odd statement to make about a new baby who isn't his.

It's nice that he "likes his daughter very much". I have never heard a parent describe their feelings for their child like that before, but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Hmm. I think this is like Jeremy Renner's set up. But I've never really thought of Hugh as gay.
    I'm not sure about what that is with Jeremy Renner - perhaps a surrogate, even though surrogate's are pretty well hidden.

If Hugh wanted a baby he could surely get one, so I wonder if this is a working arrangement where he gets to be a Dad, the kids get to have a Mom, they are biological, and he doesn't have to be in a romantic relationship with the mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    It's nice that he "likes his daughter very much". I have never heard a parent describe their feelings for their child like that before, but ok.
    I think Hugh explained this or someone else did, that it was said in a humorous and dry British way.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    He's a twisted old bachelor. I doubt he's all over these kids loving them constantly, more like a kindly uncle.
    rollo, Jillycat, deenz and 2 others like this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

He gives them money and makes sure the paps see him a-knocking on the door.
    olivia likes this.

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Hmmm. Well, I do know a couple who, post divorce and after the female half remarried another woman, decided to have a second child together for the three to share. Perhaps this is a mutual desire for a second child without romantic attachements(?) It doesn't necessarily mean she's bearding.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Hit By Ban Bus!

I really don't think Hugh is gay. Gay guys don't seek out female hookers they go trolling for trannies like Eddie Murphy.

Maybe she's a good mother, he's happy to provide and gets some enjoyment out of his daughter so why not make another one? He likes that part.
    WhateverLolaWants likes this.
    Be excellent to each other.

Yeah, I really think the whole 'weekend dad' thing is appealing to some men. I guess if the mother is happy with the situation and it works for them(?) I can't say much because my parents were married until I was 17 but my Dad was always traveling. He was and still is (at best) a 'weekend Dad'.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information