Sharon Osbourne's Beverly Hills home catches fire in candle blaze

By Daily Mail Reporter

20:53, 17 January 2013 | UPDATED: 20:54, 17 January 2013

Sharon Osbourne has thanked firefighters who came to the rescue following a fire at her Beverly Hills home.

The 60-year-old former America's Got Talent judge is said to have fallen asleep on Wednesday night and forgot to extinguish a candle in her house.
Firefighters were called at around 4.45am on Thursday and extinguished the flames before significant damage was done, according to TMZ.

Lucky escape: Fire crews were called to Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne's Beverly Hills home in the early hours of Thursday morning following a candle fire

The website reports that officials at the scene shared some safety tips with Sharon, the wife of Black Sabbath star Ozzy.

Hours later Sharon took to Twitter to thank the team:
She wrote: 'I want to say Thank You to everyone at the Beverly Hills Fire Department for coming to our aid and taking such good care of us this morning.'

Expressing her gratitude: The reality star thanked the Beverly Hills Fire Department, who managed to extinguish the blaze before any serious damage was caused

Meanwhile, Sharon has been tweeting about her wish to come back to the British X Factor this week.

On Tuesday she wrote: 'To everyone who is tweeting about @TheXFactor, I would love to come back, you have to tweet uncle @SimonCowell and ask him #TweetTheTalk'
Sharon was a judge on the programme between 2004 and 2007 for four seasons.
She was known for her frequent outbursts and rivalry with fellow judge Dannii Minogue.

Luxurious: The Beverly Hills home which is believed to be the scene of the fire

Read more: Sharon Osbourne's Beverly Hills home catches fire in candle blaze | Mail Online