Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Nicole Kidman spills the beans on her personal life (a little bit) on Ellen

Default Nicole Kidman spills the beans on her personal life (a little bit) on Ellen

'He didn't love me at first sight': Nicole Kidman reveals it took aloof Keith Urban four months to ask her out on a date

By Cassie Carpenter
    PUBLISHED: 17:13, 11 January 2013 | UPDATED: 18:33, 11 January 2013

They're happily married and raising their daughters together in Nashville.

But Nicole Kidman revealed to Ellen Degeneres that she didn't think her husband Keith Urban liked her when they first met at G'Day LA, an event honouring Australians, in 2005.

Scroll down for video

'You really didn't like me!' Nicole Kidman revealed to Ellen Degeneres, on the episode airing Friday, that she didn't think her husband Keith Urban liked her when they first met in 2005

On the episode airing Friday, the 45-year-old Oscar winner said that the 45-year-old country singer waited four whole months to ask her out.

The Moulin Rouge star recalled: 'I'm like, "You didn't love me at first sight, you didn't notice me," and he's like, "Yes I did but I just didn't let on," but we kind of met and then about four months later he called me.'
    The talk show host responded, 'Four months later? That's really playing it cool to wait that long.'

Playing it cool? The 45-year-old Oscar winner said that the 45-year-old country singer waited four whole months to ask her out

Country living: Degeneres asked about Nicole's home life with Urban and their two young daughters - four-year-old Sunday Rose and two-year-old Faith Margaret

'Yeah, that's a long time,' Kidman agreed. 'That's why I'm like, "You really didn't like me when you first met me." He said he had other things he had to take care...Guys right, men?'
    For her daytime appearance, the flawless five-foot-11 actress wore a slightly sheer LBD with long sleeves and booties.

Nicole, whose strawberry blonde locks were straightened, was particularly expressive for Ellen's show perhaps to put any 'frozen Botox face' rumours to rest.

Pulling a face: Nicole was particularly expressive for Ellen's show perhaps to put any 'frozen Botox face' rumours to rest

Talented: The two-time Golden Globe winner is up for yet another two awards on Sunday night for her performances in The Paperboy and Hemingway & Gelhorn
    The two-time Golden Globe winner is up for yet another two awards on Sunday night for her performances in The Paperboy and Hemingway & Gelhorn.

But Degeneres preferred to discuss Nicole's home life with Urban and their two young daughters - four-year-old Sunday Rose and two-year-old Faith Margaret.

'They have a mix of Australian and Southern [accents] which is really cute, but my momma always says I can't understand her because she says, "hey y'all" to her grandparents,' Kidman said.

'He is divine': The mother-of-four said there's always music playing in their Nashville home and Keith will even play piano over breakfast
    'And the baby of course [has] like a baby accent, but I understand everything she says.'

Ellen then put up a snapshot of Nicole's New Zealand-born beau playing guitar in the back of a pick-up truck with their smiling girls.

'He is divine, that's very much our life,' the To Die For actress said of the picture. 'They play guitar and dance and that's his pick-up truck.'

Visiting Down Under: Nicole then regaled Degeneres with her spirited impression of a kookaburra bird and shared some of her favourite sights in Australia with the host

'Everyone here is going to Australia!' Ellen is planning her first trip to the country in March, and she's bringing her audience along
    According to Kidman, little Sunday Rose is already singing on pitch like her father.

'I'd love it,' Nicole told Ellen. 'The great thing about being married to a musician I don't know if anybody in the audience is - you have music in the house all the time.
    'There is something very joyful about having music. Keith can play pretty much any instrument. He'll just play piano at 7 in the morning that's what we have is breakfast around the piano and very much a part of our life.'
    The mother-of-four also has two adopted kids - 20-year-old Isabella and 17-year-old Connor - with ex-husband Tom Cruise.

Happy families: Nicole and Keith urban with their children Faith and Sunday

Nicole then regaled Degeneres with her spirited impression of a kookaburra bird and shared some of her favourite sights Down Under with the host, whose wife Portia de Rossi is also Australian.

Ellen is planning her first trip to the country in March, thanks to Swisse Vitamins, and she will not be going alone.

'For my birthday I like to give gifts. Everybody knows that. So I've decided instead that everyone here is going to Australia,' the Finding Nemo star announced to the roaring studio audience.

Nicole and Ellen were then joined onstage by a group of Quantas airline attendants and pilot carrying a small model airplane to hand out vouchers to the ecstatic crowd.

Kidman just wrapped the biopic Grace of Monaco in France last month, which is due out next year.

The gorgeous actress beat out Jessica Chastain, Charlize Theron, Reese Witherspoon, and Gwyneth Paltrow for the coveted role of Oscar winner-turned-Princess Grace Kelly.
    She'll be next seen in director Chan-wook Park's horror-drama Stoker with Mia Wasikowska and Matthew Goode, due out March 1.

"I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

This pairing is so odd to me.

It is a weird one, but perhaps that's how they work well? I don't really know anything about them since they're pretty private, so I can only assume that they're happy. I hope so.
    InigoMontoya and McJag like this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

They seem happy together, and much better than Tom Cruise.

Elite Member

The real news here is that her face has the ability to make expressions, at least temporarily.

She and Keith do seem happy. I like them together. I like that he's shorter than her, and doesn't seem to care. She isn't parading around in flats all the time like she had to with Tiny Tom.
    Novice and Sunrider like this.

Somehow they seem to be a nice couple.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Her face still looks totally frozen to me. She can only move her mouth and that's it. She can't crinkle her waxy forehead and doesn't have wrinkles around her eyes which even young people have.

She looks much better. I hope she's found happiness, because I can't imagine what her life must be like or must have been like. It had to be devastating to raise those children and walk away from them or have them choose not to have anything to do with you. It's sad.
    holly likes this.

Eh, she's still an actress acting. Sure, he took 4 months to ask her out. Maybe his agent didn't get back to hers.
    BootsyCJr likes this.

She actually sounds nice in this interview. But she still looks older than 45. Any man has to be a step up from Tom Cruise. Happy for her/them.

She chose a nice gay midget this time.
    kalirga likes this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    She chose a nice gay midget this time.
    She has a type of man she looks for, and these are the requirements.

I like her and they seem like a nice family. I think it is so cute her kids are picking up a southern accent.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Prince Albert of Monaco denounces 'pointless glamour and pure fiction' of new Nicole Kidman biopic about life of his mother Grace Kelly

• Attacked some scenes in forthcoming movie as 'pure fiction'
    • Film centres on her life in 1962 as a young princess in Monaco
    • Grace of Monaco is due for release in 2014

By Ian Sparks
    PUBLISHED: 13:22, 16 January 2013 | UPDATED: 17:17, 16 January 2013

Prince Albert of Monaco and his sisters have branded a new Hollywood film about the life of their mother Grace Kelly as 'pointlessly glamorised and historically inaccurate'.

The ruling family of the tiny Mediterranean tax haven also attacked some scenes in the forthcoming movie starring Nicole Kidman as 'pure fiction'.

American-born Kelly was one of the world's most famous film stars until she married Albert's father in 1956 and became Princess Grace of Monaco.

Anger: Prince Albert of Monaco and his sisters Princess Caroline (left) and Princess Stephanie (right) have branded a film about their mother Grace Kelly as 'pointlessly glamorised'

The High Society and Dial M for Murder actress died in a car accident on a winding road above the principality in 1982 at the age of 52.

More...

Oscar-winner Kidman is now starring as Kelly in the biopic called Grace of Monaco - due for release next year - that centres on her life in 1962 as a young princess in Monaco.

The film also stars British actors Robert Lindsay as Greek shipping billionaire Aristotle Onassis, and Derek Jacobi as Count Fernando D'Aillieres.

Oscar-winner Kidman seen left on the film set, is starring as Kelly, right, in the biopic called Grace of Monaco - due for release next year - that centres on her life in 1962 as a young princess in Monaco

US star Tim Roth plays Grace's husband Prince Rainier III of Monaco in the film directed by Frenchman Olivier Dahan.

Prince Albert is said to have been sent scripts before filming began in Monaco and the south of France last autumn in a bid to win his support for the movie, French daily le Figaro reported.

But Albert and his sisters Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie have now issued a statement saying they had 'no part' in the making the making of the film.

They wrote: 'We have had absolutely no association with this project which is claims to be about the lives of our parents.
    In character: Nicole Kidman brings Grace Kelly to life in one of the Princess of Monaco's most famous outfits, alongside on screen husband Tim Roth

Set for release in 2014: The film Grace Of Monaco - which is directed by Olivier Dahan - begins six years into the former actress' marriage to the Prince, where she must help her husband reform Monaco's tax laws

Day job: Kidman was pictured on set alongside Milo Ventimiglia, who plays publicist Rupert Allan, on Sunday as she filmed scenes for Grace Of Monaco

'For us, this film does not constitute a biographical work, but portrays only a part of her life and has been pointlessly glamored, and contains important historical inaccuracies as well as scenes of pure fiction.'

Kidman said recently of the movie: 'What really interested me about this film is how it covers Grace's transition from film star to Princess in 1962.

'It reveals her great humanity but also her fears and frailties as she leaves her career behind.'

Silver screen: The film 'Rear Window' (1954) starring James Stewart and Grace Kelly. Kelly was one of the world's most famous film stars until she married Albert's father in 1956 and became Princess Grace of Monaco

Biopic: Princess Grace of Monaco with her family Prince Rainier, Princess Caroline and Prince Albert

The memory of Grace Kelly is still revered in Monaco, with streets, a hospital and other public buildings all named after her.

Mystery still surrounds Grace's death, in which the official version of events states that the Princess suffered a stroke while driving with daughter Stephanie in the passenger seat.
    She suffered serious head injuries and died in hospital the next day.

But three decades later, there are still persistent rumours that 17-year-old Stephanie, who suffered only minor bruising in the crash, had actually been driving at the time.

Killed: The High Society and Dial M for Murder actress died in a car accident on a winding road above the principality in 1982 at the age of 52

Read more: Prince Albert of Monaco denounces 'pointless glamour and pure fiction' of new Nicole Kidman biopic about life of his mother Grace Kelly | Mail Online

Nicole looks way too old and plastic-y at this point to play Grace, particularly a young 1962-era Grace. They should have gotten January Jones.
    rollo, dexter7, Brookie and 1 others like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information