Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Justin Bieber paparazzi killed crossing road to take photo of singer's Ferrari

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Justin Bieber paparazzi killed crossing road to take photo of singer's Ferrari

A paparazzo hoping to get a picture of Justin Bieber in his Ferrari after the vehicle was pulled over by police in Los Angeles got struck and killed by an SUV instead.

And as it turned out, the 18-year-old singer wasn't even in the sports car.

The incident began when the California Highway Patrol pulled over Bieber's white Ferrari around 6 p.m. Tuesday on the 405 Freeway, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Police directed the driver to exit the busy roadway onto Sepulveda Boulevard, and shortly afterwards the 29-year-old paparazzi, whose name has not been released, arrived to take pictures, law enforcement sources told the newspaper.

The photographer crossed the street to take photos, but was directed by officers to return to his car. When he finally went back to his vehicle, he was struck by an SUV.

Authorities said the man did not look before crossing the roadway, CBS 2 News in Los Angeles reported.

The victim was rushed to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, where he died.

Inside the Ferrari, which does belong to Bieber, was not the "Boyfriend" singer but instead two friends of his.

The LAPD are investigating, but no charges have been filed.

Read more: Justin Bieber paparazzi killed crossing road to take photo of singer's Ferrari in Los Angeles - NY Daily News

Good grief.

I feel sorry for the driver. If the 405 is anything like our freeways, you'd never expect someone to walk in front of your car while you're cruising along.
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

He died for a picture? Not worth it.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Really not worth it! Something like this was bound to happen with the way they carry on though.
    snoopqueen likes this.

Always look both ways before crossing.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    He died for a picture? Not worth it.
    And according to updated reports, Justin wasn't even in the car.

I know, to top it all off, it wasn't the Beeb but his friend he lent the car to.

He wasn't hit on the freeway, but Sepulveda which is a major street right off the 405. I feel bad for the driver who hit him, he should have looked both ways.
    Kat Scorp likes this.

mjw
    Elite Member

The photog who was killed taking pics of
    Justin Bieber's car made a call less than an hour before he died, telling someone he was on a big story -- because he claimed he saw Justin smoking marijuana while driving.

A source connected with the photo agency Chris Guerra did freelance work for tells TMZ ... Chris called him at 5:16 Tuesday afternoon. Chris said, "Man, you won't believe my luck. It's pretty dead in L.A.. Everybody thinks Justin and Selena are in Mexico, but they're not."

Chris -- who worked exclusively on the Bieber detail -- said he had spotted Justin's car earlier in the day at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills and also saw Selena Gomez's car there.

Chris went on ... claiming he saw Justin earlier in the day smoking what he believed was marijuana from a pipe while driving the Ferrari.

Our source says Chris told him he was following Justin back to the Four Seasons and was continuing to pursue what he believed was a big story.

The source says after 20 minutes, Chris abruptly said the Ferrari was pulling out of the hotel parking lot and he needed to hang up and follow it. Apparently he had no idea Justin was NOT in the car.

Our source -- who as we said is connected to the photo agency -- believes Chris was probably "overzealous" at the traffic stop because he believed he was on the cusp of an enormous scoop.

Justin's rep tells TMZ, "It's really sad that people are trying to push a story without the facts so soon after this tragic accident. Justin was not present or involved in this incident and the focus should remain on honoring the memory of the victim."

The rep did not directly respond to the marijuana allegation.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2GpxthLHe

I've seen the paparazzi madness up close and it's a nightmare. Something like this was going to happen sooner or later. It sucks that someone had to lose their life, but these guys are reckless and idiotic. Putting your life at risk on one of the busiest streets in LA (Sepulveda) is crazy.
    snoopqueen likes this.

Sad all the way around. Lil Twist who is with Young Money was the one driving.

I agree Kat, I really feel for the driver
    Kat Scorp likes this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by dksnj View Post
    And according to updated reports, Justin wasn't even in the car.
    And the police officer told him to get back to his car several times and he kept ignoring it.
    I feel sorry for the driver too and those paps need a reality check, they endanger lots of people beside themselves.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

So he worked exclusively on the Bieber detail? Man, what a life.

The irony of this whole thing is that the roach-eating dude died for a more worthy cause.
    MsChiff likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information