Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Former President George H. W. Bush hospitalized & in intensive care

Default Former President George H. W. Bush hospitalized & in intensive care

George Bush Sr. Hospitalized In Houston ICU

Breaking News

Former President George H.W. Bush is currently hospitalized in an intensive care unit in Houston.

A spokesperson for Bush Sr. says the former Prez has been in the ICU at Methodist Hospital since Sunday.

The spokesperson wouldn't elaborate on Bush's condition, but previously said Bush had been kept in the hospital over Christmas due to a bad fever.

88-year-old Bush was originally hospitalized in November due to a bronchitis-like cough, and has remained hospitalized since.

Bush suffers from a condition called vascular Parkinsonism, which Bush has described as a kind of leg paralysis where "you tell your legs to move, and they don't move." It's unclear if the condition is related to his current hospitalization.
    Read more: George H.W. Bush -- Hospitalized in Houston Intensive Care Unit | TMZ.com

I didn't realize he was pushing 90; I guess I still think of him as in his mid-60s.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

That's the other George! Mid 60's.
    This is sounding much worse. I wonder if he will make it to the new year...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    That's the other George! Mid 60's.
    I know, I just remember him as he was when he was elected 25 years ago.

I agree that he seems strangely ageless. I hope he feels better. it's never nice being in the hospital during the holidays.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Hope he somehow makes it through to stick around awhile longer. It's his son that I really can't stand. Just a feeling that might have caught a staph or other secondary infection while in the hospital for the bronchitis.
    Brookie and Callalily like this.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

Yeah, I have nothing against HW personally; it's W that's the dumbell moron.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I really like him. He gave the sweetest interview once about how he wasn't scared of dying at all because he couldn't wait to see Robin (his daughter who died at 4 years old from leukemia)

^ I saw Barbara Bush give an interview to her granddaughter Jenna on The Today Show a few weeks ago about Robin and what they went through when she was diagnosed and died, and her comments about it made me cry. Her attitude about the whole thing and how they donated Robin's body to science to try help along the research and how Robin was remembered only with joy and not with sadness was moving. Barbara Bush recalls daughter's death: 'I saw her spirit go' - TODAY News

I saw that too. I could not believe how the were able to donate her body, even in deep grief. Strong people.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Aww, poor George. My overly democratic friends always get mad at me when I say i voted for him. I did, I thought he was pretty harmless and Bill was too inexperienced.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Interestingly enough, Bill Clinton has become super close with Barbara and GHW Bush. There was an event that honored HW a few years ago and Clinton was there, seated with GHW's sons, was attentive and helped him get to the podium, etc. Jenna Bush interviewed Clinton on the Today Show and said her grandmother Barbara calls Bill one of her sons. Supposedly he spends Thanksgiving and Christmas with them, too.

I read somewhere (maybe Game Change?) that Clinton also used to talk with W once a week while the latter was president to give informal advice, but they kept it secret because it would piss off both their political parties.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

One day, my youngest brother (about 6 years old at the time) was visiting the Presidential Library at Texas A&M with my grandmother and when they got to the outside area where Robin is buried, he spotted George Sr at the grave. My brother was in awe and got visibly excited. It was just George; no army of security, etc, and he was dressed discreetly in jeans and a baseball cap. My brother didn't approach him because he was obviously paying his respects to his daughter and so my grandmother gently led my brother away.

Bush Sr. noticed my brother, and before he left he made a point to approach him, introduce himself, and thank him for visiting the library. He then took the time to chat with him for about ten minutes. It was just such a kind thing to do. He could have easily ignored him, but he didn't. It meant the world to my brother and made such an impression on him. He's a genuinely kind person, completely down to earth, without a shred of arrogance.

Poor old soul. This is not good. I wonder if he caught another infection in the hospital. I know first hand how Barbara feels. I hope he gets to go home, just for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    ^ I saw Barbara Bush give an interview to her granddaughter Jenna on The Today Show a few weeks ago about Robin and what they went through when she was diagnosed and died, and her comments about it made me cry. Her attitude about the whole thing and how they donated Robin's body to science to try help along the research and how Robin was remembered only with joy and not with sadness was moving. Barbara Bush recalls daughter's death: 'I saw her spirit go' - TODAY News
    Whoa, Marlo Thomas is really scary looking in that clip. Too much PS.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

When I was younger and my parents pissed me off, I would stomp upstairs and call George Bush from my pink plastic Barbie phone! According to my Mom we would talk for a long time and I'd always come back down saying "The President says to stop doing that" LOL

Oh I would also call Vanna White just to shoot the shit...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information