Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Anne Hathaway left 'devastated' after she's embarrassingly pictured without underwear

Default Anne Hathaway left 'devastated' after she's embarrassingly pictured without underwear

'They saw everything!': Anne Hathaway left 'devastated' after she's embarrassingly pictured without underwear

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 04:42 EST, 12 December 2012 | UPDATED: 12:05 EST, 12 December 2012

It has happened to Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, but now the usually demure Anne Hathaway has been caught going commando, in embarrassing pictures taken at the premiere of her new film.

In what's being dubbed as 'Full Hathaway-gate', the Les Miserables star suffered the major wardrobe malfunction in the full glare of the media spotlight as she exited her car at the premiere of her new movie in New York on Monday.
    Anne is said to be 'devastated' after news publications around the world ran the pictures.

Emerging from her car and onto the red carpet, eager photographers snapped away and unwittingly caught Anne- who was wearing a stunning creation by designer Tom Ford - in full exposure - on a night she chose to forgo underwear.
    Scroll down for video

That's not an A-list move: Anne Hathaway was pictured awkwardly getting out of her car at the New York premiere of Les Misérables, upon which she exposed her lack of underwear

The tight split that did it: Anne seen here looking a bit more demure at the premiere of Les Miserabes in New York on Monday

The usually sophisticated actress was clearly embarrassed by the wardrobe malfunction, which was largely due to the thigh high split of her black figure-hugging dress falling open as she got out of the car by swinging both her legs onto the pavement, flashing her lady parts in the process.

And Anne, 30, was allegedly overheard telling Vanity Fair writer Ingrid Sischy at a luncheon the following day about the 'devastating' mishap.
    'I was getting out of the car and my dress was so tight that I didn’t realize it until I saw all the photographers’ flashes,” Anne told the journalist at the luncheon, as reported by NY Daily News.
    'It was devastating. They saw everything. I might as well have lifted up my skirt for them.'

Save me from myself! Anne holds onto co-star Hugh Jackman as she attends another event the day after 'the incident'

Back to her A-game: The actress has since redeemed herself in a pretty sequined frock sans split

Since the unfortunate mishap, which is out of character for the usually demure and pulled together Anne, many fashion editors have offered words of advice on how to avoid showing off too much flesh.
    'It’s so much better to be caught in Spanx,' one fashionista said.

Keeping those legs firmly crossed: Anne has made a flurry of appearances to support her new film Les Miserables, seen here on the Jimmy Fallon show

Though Anne can be consoled by the thought that most celebrities have endured an embarrassing wardrobe mishap, after failing to master the art of stepping out of a car.
    Even Kate Middleton was once famously photographed revealing her underwear trying to get out of a vehicle, and many have flashed a little too much of their cleavages on the red carpet.
    The director of the Etiquette School of New York, Patricia Fitzpatrick, advised: 'Knees together girls! When you’re sitting, you sit with your knees touching.'
    Or better yet: 'Wear underwear!'

Devastated: Anne looks solemn walking her chocolate labrador, Esmeralda in New York City on Tuesday

Read more: Anne Hathaway wardrobe malfunction: Les Miserables star on the 'devastation' of those underwear-less photos | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

'Seen a lot of you lately': Matt Lauer's crude quip to Anne Hathaway as he quizzes her about being pictured without her underwear

By Daily Mail Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 14:20 EST, 12 December 2012 | UPDATED: 18:58 EST, 12 December 2012

It's a moment she would rather forget, but Anne Hathaway couldn't escape questions about her wardrobe malfunction as she continued her promotional duties for Les Miserables on Wednesday.

The actress, 30, was left embarrassed when she was pictured exiting a car without any underwear beneath her Tom Ford dress at the film's New York premiere on Monday.
    During an appearance on the Today show this morning, host Matt Lauer quizzed her about the incident and seemingly couldn't resist making a crude quip.

On duty: Anne Hathaway appeared on the Today show with Matt Lauer on Wednesday to promote her new film Les Miserables

Crude: The host told the actress he'd 'seen a lot' of her lately following her wardrobe malfunction on Monday night

'Seen a lot of you lately,' he said after welcoming her to the show.
    After the tasteless comment, he continued: 'Let's just get it out of the way, you had a little wardrobe malfunction the other night. What's the lesson learned, other than keep smiling, which you always do.'
    Anne handled the questioning with aplomb and did her best to swiftly get onto the topic of her new movie.

Demure: Anne wore a more demure white speckled dress for the appearance paired with black opaque tights

In the hot seat: Anne was all smiles throughout the interview despite her recent awkward incident

Grace under fire: The star handled the questioning with aplomb

She replied: 'It was obviously an unfortunate incident.'

'It kind of made me sad on two accounts. One was that I was very sad that we live in an age when someone takes a picture of another person in a vulnerable moment and rather than delete it, and do the decent thing, sells it.

'And I’m sorry that we live in a culture that commodifies sexuality of unwilling participants, which brings us back to Les Mis, that's what my character is, she is someone who is forced to sell sex to benefit her child because she has nothing and there's no social safety net.'

Joking around: The actress joked around with the host

On Tuesday, Anne was allegedly overheard telling Vanity Fair writer Ingrid Sischy about the 'devastating' mishap at a luncheon in the city.

'I was getting out of the car and my dress was so tight that I didn’t realize it until I saw all the photographers’ flashes,' Anne told the journalist at the luncheon, as reported by NY Daily News.
    'It was devastating. They saw everything. I might as well have lifted up my skirt for them.'
    In some good new for the star, her film was today nominated for four SAG Awards.

[Wardrobe malfunction: Anne was pictured exiting a car without any underwear on at the New York premiere of Les Miserables on Monday

I think it was planned
    arie_skop, Lalique, Pinkii and 2 others like this.

1) That dress is fugly. Looks like it was made out of garbage bags
    2) Torn on the boots. At first site, they are also fugly. However, may be okay with a different outfit
    3) Wear underwear
    4) She's unfortunate looking

JMHO

Elite Member

What is up with the back of that dress? That is one ugly garment. Then those terrible shoes! Yikes. I would go commando & give the world a flash to distract people from my hideous outfit.

Poor thing, I feel bad for her. The whole outfit was fugly though. I can't wait for her hair to grow out more. That said, put on some freaking underwear. I cannot fathom going commando under any circumstances.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    I think it was planned
    I think so too. And she is completely full of it.

Then she had the nerve to blame the photographers. *massive eye roll*

'It kind of made me sad on two accounts. One was that I was very sad that we live in an age when someone takes a picture of another person in a vulnerable moment and rather than delete it, and do the decent thing, sells it.

'And I’m sorry that we live in a culture that commodifies sexuality of unwilling participants, which brings us back to Les Mis, that's what my character is, she is someone who is forced to sell sex to benefit her child because she has nothing and there's no social safety net.'
    Funny how her wardrobe malfunction just happened to bring us back to Les Mis. Funny how publicity stunts work like that. And why the fuck did she even need to talk about it on the Today show, it's not like her PR people didn't have a say over what was discussed.
    Lalique and Daisy Sun like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Put some underwear on, you dumbass.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

'And I’m sorry that we live in a culture that commodifies sexuality of unwilling participants,
    WTF? She's the one who went commando, it's not like the photographers ripped her undies off and took photos. She was dumb enough to take the risk so she wasn't unwilling.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I am a little disappointed in the incident. I was expecting more topiary.
    Bombshell likes this.

Gold Member

They're called undergarments for a reason Anne...

I think it was planned too. No sympathy from me, there is no reason with that dress not to wear underwear.

And her hair looks much better short IMO.
    BelledeJour likes this.

It's a message to Christian Bale!
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post
    What is up with the back of that dress? That is one ugly garment. Then those terrible shoes! Yikes. I would go commando & give the world a flash to distract people from my hideous outfit.
    It looks like a deployed parachute.

So she happens to be promoting a film that she stars in, from which she may be nominated for an Oscar, (but will be up against the real A-listers like Nicole Kidman) and she has such a wardrobe malfunction. MMmhmm... Accident my fat ass!
    Not to mention the press she's now getting because of the 'malfunction'...

Personally, I LOVE the dress, but the first thing that came to mind when I saw the boots/shoes/whatever is callipers for polio victims. They don't even suit the dress, imo...
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    [On Terry Richardson] "Dude is like a human version of a white, windowless van...." ~ Michael K.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information