Thread: Motivational Speaker, Zig Ziglar, Died Today of Pneumonia

Default Motivational Speaker, Zig Ziglar, Died Today of Pneumonia

Zig Ziglar Dies At 86, Motivational Speaker Remembered On Twitter

Posted: November 28, 2012

Famed motivational speaker Zig Ziglar has died today at the age of 86, and many ó including celebrities ó have paid respect to the man who inspired legions with his captivating advice.

Zig Ziglar, born Hilary Hinton Ziglar, fought in World War II and worked as a salesman for many years before he came to fame as one of the first big names in the field of motivational speaking. When he began touring to speak on the topics, no realm of motivational speaking existed ó but it didnít stop Ziglar from paving the way.
    Ziglar advised on topics ranging from career to family and wealth, and even a bad fall that caused him memory issues back in 2007 didnít hold the speaker back from taking his message to crowds. In recent years, Ziglar was forced to change his routine but still kept moving ahead, which daughter Julie Ziglar Norman said in 2010 in and of itself was inspiring to fans:
    ďIt touches people in a different place, because they see he has not let the circumstances in his life dictate how he responds to [life].Ē
    Zig Ziglarís death was announced to Facebook fans this morning, with this message posted to his 60,000 plus followers on the network:
    Zig Ziglar passed from this world today after a short bout with pneumonia. Though his time on earth has ended, he is speaking with Jesus now in his heavenly home. The angels in heaven are rejoicing and his family is celebrating a life well lived Ö If Zig has impacted your life or you want to leave a message to the family, please leave your remarks on his FaceBook page. Donít worry about being too specific or long. Take as much space as you want Ö the family wants to know.
    Read more at Zig Ziglar Dies At 86, Motivational Speaker Remembered On Twitter

I wonder if Hilary Hinton and Hilary Clinton ever had a chuckle together about their names.

Years ago the company I work for was big on showing his speeches. I haven't thought about him in years.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Thread Information