Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Oksana Baiul Sues William Morris Agency; Claims They Ripped Her Off

Default Oksana Baiul Sues William Morris Agency; Claims They Ripped Her Off

Olympic figure skating legend Oksana Baiul says she should be AT LEAST $1 million richer ... if not for talent agents who took advantage of the fact that she sucks at speaking English ... this according to a new lawsuit obtained by TMZ.

Baiul -- who was born and raised in the Ukraine -- is suing the powerful William Morris Endeavor agency ... claiming they locked her into a series of contracts back in 1994 when she was 16 ... and she didn't understand the paperwork because of her poor grasp of the English language.

In the suit, filed in the L.A. County Superior Court, Baiul claims that because she didn't understand the contracts ... she didn't realize that she had unintentionally allowed WME to distribute portions of her earnings to people with whom she claims she has no relationship.

There's more ... Baiul also claims WME has not paid her in full for her work on several projects -- including the Oksana Baiul Jewelry Collection, various TV specials, greeting cards and two books.

Oksana claims she only realized the misdeeds when she hired a new personal manager in 2011 ... who launched an investigation into her finances.

In total, Baiul says WME owes her more than $1 million in lost earnings and other damages.

Calls to WME have not been returned.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Poor, BROKE-ass DRUNKsana. I do kind of feel for her. Most of her career she's surrounded herself with users and freeloaders.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    There's more ... Baiul also claims WME has not paid her in full for her work on several projects -- including the Oksana Baiul Jewelry Collection, various TV specials, greeting cards and two books.
    I did a very quick search for any of her masterpieces and didn't see any, but I shudder to think what this tacky trick would design. I'm thinking it's heavy on the feathers and plastic beads.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I did a very quick search for any of her masterpieces and didn't see any, but I shudder to think what this tacky trick would design. I'm thinking it's heavy on the feathers and plastic beads.
    The only piece I found was this: Oksana Baiul Necklace Crystal Bead Necklace by VintageGemz on Etsy

And you were right...
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

hasn't she always packed a bit of crazy?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

She has...IIRC, when she emigrated, she sorta went a little crazy. I remember the Lifetime movie about her life story. And that necklace looks like it was made out of pop beads. Anyone remember those toy beads?

pop beads - Bing Images
    shedevilang likes this.

She has had little, if any guidance in her life, except from people out to make money off of her. But she's a big girl now and has to be accountable. She's had several ventures that I don't know what their final disposition was, including a line of athletic/skating outfits.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    She has...IIRC, when she emigrated, she sorta went a little crazy. I remember the Lifetime movie about her life story. And that necklace looks like it was made out of pop beads. Anyone remember those toy beads?

pop beads - Bing Images
    I remember those!

You would think she would have had a manager, attorney, someone who was an adult who did understand English, to go over the contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    You would think she would have had a manager, attorney, someone who was an adult who did understand English, to go over the contracts.
    Galina and Viktor were responsible for her at the time; they were her legal guardians. Isn't there a statute of limitations on stuff like this? She's 34 now, I don't know what she can do legally. I think she's broke and needs money.

Galina and Viktor were responsible for her at the time; they were her legal guardians.
    Good night. It's a good thing Johnny's first language is English or he'd probably have more problems than he currently does.

Isn't there a statute of limitations on stuff like this? She's 34 now, I don't know what she can do legally. I think she's broke and needs money.
    That's why she's emphasizing that this only recently came to her attention and that she didn't realize it until 2011. She probably is broke, though, especially if that tacky plastic monstrocity above is the kind of jewelry crap she's peddling.
    BITTER likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Good night. It's a good thing Johnny's first language is English or he'd probably have more problems than he currently does.
    Say what you wanna about him, but you couldn't put anything over him. Word.
    That's why she's emphasizing that this only recently came to her attention and that she didn't realize it until 2011. She probably is broke, though, especially if that tacky plastic monstrocity above is the kind of jewelry crap she's peddling.
    I remember seeing some other samples of her work in one of the now-defunct skate mags. They were also on her website. I don't know who'd buy that shit though - it was total eye-rape.

I hope she's not drinking and drugging again, but I fear she may be.

Gold Member

What about English being Johnny's first language? Doesn't he understand Russian pretty well?

Gold Member

Say what you wanna about him, but you couldn't put anything over him. Word.
    I remember seeing some other samples of her work in one of the now-defunct skate mags. They were also on her website. I don't know who'd buy that shit though - it was total eye-rape.

I hope she's not drinking and drugging again, but I fear she may be.
    Put what over him? Have to learn to use the multi-quote function.

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    I remember those!
    Let's not forget, though, that Ash wore them first, in "Alien".

Did she ever stop with the booze?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information