Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Kelly Preston discusses late son, Jett Travolta's, autism

Default Kelly Preston discusses late son, Jett Travolta's, autism

Kelly Preston Opens Up About Her Late Son, Jett Travolta

By Maggie Coughlan

11/19/2012 at 04:30 PM EST

Kelly Preston and Jett Travolta
    Landov

Kelly Preston is speaking out about the health conditions that led to her 16-year-old son's death.

Jett Travolta – who died in 2009 after suffering a seizure and hitting his head in a bathtub at the family's vacation home at the Old Bahama Bay Hotel on Grand Bahama Island – suffered from autism, which Preston attributes to a series of contributing factors.

"[Jett] was autistic. He had seizures and when he was very young, he had Kawasaki Syndrome," she says on the Nov. 21 episode of The Doctors (check local listings).

"I strongly believe as a mother, as does my husband, that there are certain contributing factors that lead to autism and some of it is very much the chemicals in our environment and in our food," she adds.

Preston, 50, says she holds a number of things responsible for Jett's autism, specifically Kawasaki Syndrome – which usually affects children from ages 2 to 5 and can cause inflammation of the arteries – her "fast and hard" labor and the use of antibiotics while breastfeeding, which gave Jett thrush, an infection of Candida yeast which some studies have linked to the symptoms of autism.

The episode also includes a behind-the-scenes look at Alternative Laboratories to show viewers how organic products are made. Preston hopes to empower parents with information about living an organic lifestyle and being surrounded by less chemicals.

Since Jett's passing, Preston and husband John Travolta – who are also parents to Ella, 12 – have welcomed another child, Benjamin, who is now 2-years-old.

Kelly Preston and Dr. Travis Stork on The Doctors
    Courtesy of CBS Television Distribution / Stage 29 Productions LLC
    Kelly Preston - Jett Travolta's Autism & Death on "The Doctors" : People.com
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Yep, totally Kawaski's - not that crazy brainwashing cult you belong too that wouldnt allow your son to receive the proper treatment
    Flygirl likes this.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

I wouldn't wish losing a child on my worst enemy. Prayers for peace for them and also that they make informed medical decisions with their current children.
    Callalily, dexter7 and Snarker like this.

Poor Jett, he didn't stand a chance with those mental parents
    Flygirl likes this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Now see, it wasn't just Kawasaki's it was also her labor was too fast, and the additives in food, and the carpet cleaner, and she took antibiotics once, and maybe it was her husband's toupee glue fumes...
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Elite Member

I'm surprised she is even admitting he had autism. They didn't when he was alive.
    Palermo, holly and HWBL like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I'm surprised she is even admitting he had autism. They didn't when he was alive.
    I thought so too.
    holly likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Hit By Ban Bus!

What is Scientology? I thought it was just like any other religion, but people talk about it as if it is filled with Satanists or something.

R.I.P. Jett

so sad that you were taken from this world so soon

So in other words she made stupid choices like following a silent birth and refusing an epidural which she needed, getting her carpets chemically cleaned weekly, breastfeeding while on anitbiotics.

I'm also surprised she's admitting it. But she's still making wacky claims about chemicals, which was her big rationale with the Kawasaki syndrome too. I remember reading about KS when all this happened, but I sure don't remember anything linking it to autism. I dunno, I suppose it makes her feel better to have something to blame, but I'm not buying it.
    tulip likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

Jett had problems long before the Kawaski's happened.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

and the use of antibiotics while breastfeeding, which gave Jett thrush, an infection of Candida yeast which some studies have linked to the symptoms of autism.
    Candida causing autism. Which is why we must now use less chemicals and more organic products... like organic duck feather stuffed pillows to fake a baby bump. Got it.
    Bombshell likes this.
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Fuck this bitch. Her allegiance to that jacked up cult is why this kid is dead. She's admitting it (the autism) now, because bitch knows the jig is up and she can't keep denying it. There is no such diagnosis according to the CO$. But blaming it on everything from eval additives in our food, carpet cleaner chemicals and antibiotics I suppose she can keep bullshitting herself.

If anything, maybe it's your defective genes, bitch. Didn't she have another kid (pre-fame) with something wrong with it?
    Last edited by MsDark; November 20th, 2012 at 02:47 AM.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by mfox758 View Post
    What is Scientology? I thought it was just like any other religion, but people talk about it as if it is filled with Satanists or something.

R.I.P. Jett

so sad that you were taken from this world so soon
    If this is a serious question either make Google your friend for the official version or look at our Scientology Thread here for the troof. Any thread on Cruise/Travolta/Alley will also provide useful research material.
    faithanne likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by mfox758 View Post
    Seriously, have you been holed up in a cave somewhere for the past 20 years?
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information