Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Ben Affleck, Scott Peterson: Claims Media Said Better Things About Convicted Murderer

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Ben Affleck, Scott Peterson: Claims Media Said Better Things About Convicted Murderer

Ben Affleck knows what it's like to be hated more than a would-be convicted killer -- or that's how he feels.
    The "Argo" star is GQ's Filmmaker of the Year, and he told the magazine that when he was seeing Jennifer Lopez the attention he received somehow was worse than anything the media was saying at the time about Scott Peterson, who was convicted of killing his wife Laci and their unborn child in 2002.

"At the time, I knew on some level, 'This is insane,' " he said of the "Bennifer" years, telling the magazine that he was the media's punching bag. "What was that guy's name who killed his wife and dumped her off the side of a boat? ... Peterson. I remember thinking he actually gets slightly better treatment than I do in the press."

Wait, excuse us: Ben Affleck, say what?

"At least they had to say 'alleged killer,'" he continued. "Unfortunately there's an aspect of that that's like one of those fights you see on YouTube where one of them falls down and then a bunch of people who were standing around come over and kick the person. They don't know them, they have no involvement in the fight, but they recognize a moment that they can get a free shot in, and for some people it's just too much to resist. And that was definitely me at that point. I was the guy. I was the designated person to loathe."

Affleck began dating Lopez in 2002, after starring in critically eviscerated "Gigli" together, and the couple later became engaged before breaking things off shortly before their scheduled wedding in 2004.

It was a relationship the media didn't take kindly to -- according to GQ the "Bennifer romance was regarded as though both parties were "making some kind of laughably terrible mistake" that was a "shameful betrayal of who they really were."

Affleck appears to be traumatized by the attention he received and admits it was really bad for him in all kinds of different ways, "particularly in terms of my emotional life, my sense of self," he said.

"The amount of venom—I must have touched some specific little place in the consciousness. I don't believe I didn't deserve any negative judgment for anything, but it was just way out of whack," he told GQ. "People decided that I was the frat guy, even though I've never been inside a fraternity, or the guy who beat them up at school, even though that wasn't me at all."

It's not the first time Affleck has spoken about the his hellish "Bennifer" years. InSeptember he told Details magazine:
    "In our culture, we get very much into shorthanding people. And I got shorthanded as That Guy: Jennifer Lopez, movies bombed, therefore he must be a sort of thoughtless dilettante, solipsistic consumer blahblahblah. It's hard to shake those sort of narratives."

For more with Ben Affleck, click over to GQ.
    Ben Affleck, Scott Peterson: Actor Claims Media Said Better Things About Convicted Murderer Than Him

Let it go, Ben. Just let it go.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

czb

i think ben is confused. he was not vilified, he was mocked. and given how much he and jennifer sought out the media, they deserved it.
    sputnik, sluce, Callalily and 4 others like this.

He was also pooped on -- not by the media, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    He was also pooped on -- not by the media, though.
    He always thought he was the shit.
    MohandasKGanja and SHELLEE like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

He needs to STFU and not bring up this piece of shit asshole.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Bitch, STFU. You don't have to actually have been in a frat to be considered a frat guy. The drinking, strippers and gambling stories probably helped, dufus.

But I have to say I saw Argo and was really impressed.

It is time to stfu about J-Lo. You are finally being honored for your professioanl career. Talk about that!
    Callalily likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Maybe it's not so weird that he would compare himself to Scott Peterson since he looks enough like this fucker to play the movie version of him

Last edited by MsDark; November 15th, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Didn't Dean Cain play Scott Peterson in one of the movies they made?

Ben seems like a cocky whinner,...but I do think he is getting sexier as he ages. I would be giving him hell at home if I was Jennifer. I'd tell him to stfu about his ex.

You know what's scary? I went to look up a detail of the Scott Peterson case and I realized that the baby would be almost 10 now. I can't believe all this happened that long ago. It just seems like a couple of years.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

No, this is scary...

Scott Peterson Appeal

Our latest post to our Journey to Justice blog:
    The day has finally come. Scott’s Appellate Brief has been filed with the Supreme Court. This document addresses the legal errors that occurred during the court proceedings against Scott. It is a big part of getting Scott’s conviction overturned.
    The next step in the appeal process is for the State Attorney General’s office to respond to the brief. Eventually, oral arguments will be heard before the Supreme Court of California. The Court will then rule on the brief.
    While this document only addresses legal error, our family is confident that its content will confirm not only on Scott’s wrongful conviction, but shed light on his factual innocence.
    Most of the brief is very easy to read. While we hope to soon have a summary up, please feel free to read all or parts of the brief by clicking on the link below.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Bet he has a hard time getting a date.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Scott murdered his wife.
    Ben and Jen murdered pop culture.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Scott tried to sweep his crimes under the rug.
    Ben wears a rug.
    BITTER likes this.
    If being cunty is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information