Like Tree17Likes
  • 8 Post By BITTER
  • 1 Post By sluce
  • 2 Post By JadeStar70
  • 2 Post By mjw
  • 4 Post By Laurent

Thread: Robert De Niro scolds ‘rude’ Jay-Z

Default Robert De Niro scolds ‘rude’ Jay-Z

Robert De Niro and Jay-Z got into a tense beef at Leonardo DiCaprio’s birthday bash the other night, when De Niro called the rapper disrespectful, Page Six can exclusively reveal.

Spies say “Godfather II” and “Taxi Driver” star De Niro gave Jay a dressing-down in a roomful of celebs including Martin Scorsese because the rap mogul had refused to return De Niro’s calls.

Sources add that Jay tried to joke his way out of the situation, and even his wife, Beyoncé, tried to intervene, but De Niro wouldn’t back down.

“Bob was sitting at a table, and when Jay-Z went over to say hello, De Niro told Jay that he never called him back,” a source says.

A spy then overheard De Niro complaining to the rapper, a fellow TriBeCa resident, about a song Jay-Z agreed to record for the Tribeca Film Festival. De Niro had reached out to discuss further details, but Jay never returned his calls.

“Bob wasn’t in any mood to make polite conversation,” the spy says. “He told Jay that if somebody calls you six times, you call them back. It doesn’t matter who you are, that is just rude.”

When Jay-Z tried to make a joke of it, saying he is terrible on the phone, a source says, “De Niro kept telling him that he thinks he’s the man, but that he was disrespectful.’ ”

“Beyoncé came over, but that didn’t calm Bob down,” the source said, adding that afterward, “It was the talk of the party. Everyone was saying there’s only one star in New York bigger and badder than Jay-Z, and that’s Robert De Niro. He can be quite scary when he’s angry.”

But a source close to De Niro told us, “It was a low-key private conversation between two people that was apparently overheard. It was not a heated discussion.”

The Darby bash, which sources say ended at 5 a.m. with a tab of nearly $3 million, much of which went to the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, drew Cameron Diaz, Jamie Foxx, Chris Rock, Jonah Hill, Edward Norton, Mark Ruffalo and Emma Watson.

Reps for both De Niro and Jay-Z declined to comment.

Robert De Niro and Jay-Z in beef at Leonardo DiCaprio’s birthday - NYPOST.com

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Good for De Niro. That is just rude not to return calls fucking asshole.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

It's a good thing he didn't scold him for being ugly - that would have required a filibuster.
    Laurent, DAP, rollo and 5 others like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

I would hate to be told off by Robert De Niro. *cringe*
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I know, right? "He can be scary when he's angry" is quite the understatement.

But a source close to De Niro told us, “It was a low-key private conversation between two people that was apparently overheard. It was not a heated discussion.”

Sorry but Bobby doesn't do low-key.
    Callalily likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Joe Camel is a douche,...good for Bobby calling the punk out!!!
    Last edited by JadeStar70; November 16th, 2012 at 11:15 AM.
    Callalily and BITTER like this.

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Bobby D vs. Jay-Z

The first line on the first page of every cell phone manual reads: "If Robert De Niro calls your ass, you either call him the hell back or drown yourself and this phone in the Hudson River." Well, Jay-Z broke that rule several times. ILLEGAL!

According to Page Six, Jay-Z agreed to record a song for the Tribeca Film Festival and Robert De Niro called him up several times to discuss it. Jay-Z never called him back. So at Leonardo DiCaprio's birthday the other night, Robert De Niro wasn't going to act like everything is rainbow dicks and heart-shaped buttholes when Jay-Z strolled up to say hi. Some witness said that the entire party stopped to watch the Italian bull and the Brooklyn camel butt heads:
    “Bob wasn’t in any mood to make polite conversation. He told Jay that if somebody calls you six times, you call them back. It doesn’t matter who you are, that is just rude. De Niro kept telling him that he thinks he’s the man, but that he was disrespectful. Beyoncé came over, but that didn’t calm Bob down. It was the talk of the party. Everyone was saying there’s only one star in New York bigger and badder than Jay-Z, and that’s Robert De Niro. He can be quite scary when he’s angry.”
    It's a good thing Leonardo DiCaprio was too busy gorging himself on a Victoria's Secret Angel buffet to notice this fight, because it would've ruined his birthday.

The next time you see Jay-Z out in public, expect him to look like Michael Jackson, because when Robert De Niro shades you, you instantly come down with the worst case of Vitiligo ever. But really, who knew that Robert De Niro was so clingy. You'd think that after one unanswered call, he'd send Jay-Z a final message by putting one of Beyonce's wig heads in their bed.

Posted by: Michael K
    Bobby D vs. Jay-Z | Dlisted
    Waterslide and ManxMouse like this.

Team Bobby D!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Six times? If JayZ sees that many messages from Bobby D. he gets his people to make the call and patch him in. These people don't make direct calls. Rood!

fgg

i think it is embarrassing for deniro to have gone off like that in public because jay wouldn't call him back. get over it!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

“Beyoncé came over, but that didn’t calm Bob down,” the source said
    Ah, yes, Beyonce, the peacemaker. Why the fuck would it calm anyone down? Her slithering over would send me into nuclear meltdown.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

It's a good thing Leonardo DiCaprio was too busy gorging himself on a Victoria's Secret Angel buffet to notice this fight, because it would've ruined his birthday.
    That was vintage Michael K. That visual made me laugh so hard.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Thread Information