Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Melissa George has meltdown on The Morning Show after hosts mentioned Home and Away

Default Melissa George has meltdown on The Morning Show after hosts mentioned Home and Away

Melissa George has meltdown on The Morning Show after hosts mentioned Home and Away

Australian actress Melissa George. Picture: Simon Bullard Source: The Daily Telegraph

CHANNEL 7 spoke out yesterday about a tirade unleashed by former Home And Away castmember Melissa George, who threw a hissy fit on Friday's The Morning Show because the segment referenced her days at Summer Bay.

The brekkie newsroom was still reeling from the outburst yesterday, which witnesses described as "erratic" and "unbelievable", as the Aussie actress threatened to walk off the set if hosts Larry Emdur and Kylie Gillies made mention of the character that made her a star, Angel Parrish.
    "She kept saying she's had so many bigger roles since Home And Away that it was offensive to talk about it - she even said she'd send Seven an invoice because she inadvertently promotes it through the media," an insider said.
    The program's executive producer Sarah Stinson, said she originally thought the meltdown was a prank.
    "At first I thought I was being Punk'd because it seemed so surreal," she told Confidential. "We're genuinely proud of Melissa's achievements, she's done a lot of great work, and I didn't realise she had such an issue with her roots. Most of our guests are usually proud to embrace where they've come from and we never would have done anything to purposely upset her."
    George, who has appeared in The Amityville Horror remake, Grey's Anatomy and Alias, said the Australian press were "disgusting" for constantly aligning her with the soap.

"I don't need credibility from my country any more, I just need them all to be quiet," she said. "If they have nothing intelligent to say, please don't speak to me any more. I'd rather be having a croissant and an espresso in Paris or walking my French bulldog in New York City.
    "I've never spoken out about it because I have to be the loyal good Aussie, who goes away and comes home.

"But I'm a really hard-working woman and people have to respect me for what I've done ... my next call will be to Home And Away to ask them to pay me because nobody does more promotion for that f ... ing show than me."
    Earlier this month, Melissa George reacted to the same line of questioning on The Jonathon Ross Show. Watch it here.

Cookies must be enabled | Herald Sun

I still think of her as Angel lol

Well I've never see her before or heard of Home and Away. She's gotten just what she wanted. I won't recognize her from Home and Away, I'll recognize her for being an ungrateful bitch. How unprofessional and snotty.
    mistify and Sylkyn like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Hit By Ban Bus!

I've never seen Home and Away, but I think she was in Sugar & Spice with Marley Shelton (who I love).

I'll recognize her for having only 1.5 eyebrows.

I liked her in 30 Days of Night and The Amityville Horror remake, but she's been sniffing around the lunatic asylum for a while now. Drugs or mental illness?
    mfox758 and Seapharris7 like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Silly bitch. I've always loved Home and Away. She's still Angel to me too.
    So many Australian actors now in American film and TV are from that show.
    SuriCruise and arie_skop like this.

She greatly over estimates her own importance, because I only recognize her from The Amityville Horror remake from like 7 or 8 years ago. I only sat through the whole thing to keep looking at Ryan Reynolds' abs, not this bitch's mediocre acting.
    mistify and Seapharris7 like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I remember her as the character I hated most on Alias and that's a big list! She played the wife of Michael Vartan's character who wormed her way in between Syd and Michael Vaughn. Glad to know all that hate wasn't in waste.
    mistify, arie_skop and Jadestone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Silly bitch. I've always loved Home and Away. She's still Angel to me too.
    So many Australian actors now in American film and TV are from that show.
    Exactly, I grew up watching Home and Away, and I will always remember her as Angel. She didn't need to react that way, someone like Kylie Minogue is happy to talk about Neighbours.

Who else read this thread as being about Melissa Gorga? As to Ms. George, that girl ain't right.
    mistify and AquariusMoon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    I'll recognize her for having only 1.5 eyebrows.
    Thank God I wasn't the only who noticed the receeding eyebrow. eek

Well she just Heigl'd herself good.
    Annika and arie_skop like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

A*O

Hey twat! You're only an actress. PS I've never heard of you in H&A or anything else for that matter.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Who does she think she is, a Hemsworth?

But I still love her because she brought me a glass of water once when I had heatstroke and I'm loyal to my bitches even when they say cracked out shit like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I think Hemsworth starred in Home and Away too lol - and what everyone has said. She's doing tv movies now and was recently in a BBC series so its not like she's starring in any big hollywood movie at the moment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information