Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By fgg
  • 2 Post By Froogy

Thread: Today's Jenna Wolfe reprimanded for on-air 'hostility' towards Erica Hill

Default Today's Jenna Wolfe reprimanded for on-air 'hostility' towards Erica Hill

Today's Jenna Wolfe reprimanded by NBC bosses for on-air 'hostility' towards her replacement Erica Hill

There is such a thing as 'bowing out gracefully' and 'taking it like a man' that former Today co-host Jenna Wolfe obviously isn't familiar with, if recent reports are anything to go by.

After being 'kicked to the curb' from her Sunday gig and being replaced by Erica Hill, NBC bosses had to haul Miss Wolfe in after the weekend's Today show and reprimand her for her obviously frosty and childish behavior towards her replacement.
    Ms Wolfe is said to be 'extremely upset' after she was relegated from co-host to the weekend's news reader, something she sees as a 'huge step backwards' in her career.
    'Curried': Jenna Wolfe, pictured as co-host with Lester Holt in September, has been replaced by Erica Hill

A Today show insider told RadorOnline: 'Jenna's on air antics on Saturday towards Erica Hill, who took her job, were extremely unprofessional. Jenna was obviously very upset that Erica replaced her as the co-anchor.
    'Jenna had been the co-anchor on Sundays, and she has now been essentially demoted to just reading the news.

'On Erica's first day on the air last Saturday, Jenna didn't welcome her to the TODAY family, as everyone else had done.

'When Jenna appeared on camera with Erica, she was crossing her arms and just looked genuinely angry, which is not what viewers tune in to see!

'Jenna was pulled aside after the show on Saturday and told to knock it off. Jenna didn't come across as hostile on Sunday, but things are still very tense with her towards the rest of the cast and crew of the show.'
    Erica Hill quickly assumed her place on the couch beside Lester Holt last weekend and NBC were immediately flooded with complaints in the same vein as when Ann Curry was unceremoniously ousted from her job as co-host alongside Matt Lauer.
    Though Jenna may be acting unprofessionally by letting her feelings be known on air, if recent reports are true, Erica has taken the opposite stance.

New anchor: Hot on the heels of Ann Curry being ditched from the weekday morning show, Ms Wolfe was replaced by Erica Hill, left, who assumed the anchor desk next to Lester Holt, right, for the first time yesterday
    'She has gone out of her way to be nice to Jenna. Erica is a very warm and easygoing person, and Jenna is extremely competitive.
    'Erica has been warmly received by everyone on the cast and crew. It's not surprising to anyone that Jenna is being so hostile towards Erica.

'Lester Holt is relieved that Erica is his new co-host because he felt that Jenna, who is a fitness buff, was constantly pushing to do on air exercise segments in which she essentially kicked his ass.

'There is just none of that with Erica; she is just down to earth, and she is a team player. Jenna would be wise to recognize her actions are only hurting her.'
    A show insider told RadarOnline last week of the decision: 'After NBC confirmed last week that Erica had been hired as the new co-host, Jenna was told she was being moved to being the news anchor.'

'This is a huge step backwards for Jenna, and she is obviously extremely upset about it. Jenna doesn't understand why she was essentially kicked to the curb.
    '(She) doesn't harbor any bad feelings towards Erica, but she is upset with how the network has treated her.'

Hundreds of fans took to the Today show's Facebook page over the weekend, lambasting the station's decision to bump Ms Wolfe.

Hit: Ms Hill, right, a former CBS This Morning anchor, was 'an immediate hit' with the Today show's producers

Many claimed it mirrored Ms Curry's unpopular departure in the summer, with one user coining the term 'curried' as a verb for being demoted by the channel.
    Linda Jurevic wrote: 'When Ann got 'curried' I switched to CBS morning- a delightful change. Perhaps I will have to try GMA for a Sunday edition now. It's not that we can't accept change, it's just that we don't like to watch uncomfortable and awkward endings. Perhaps manners are outdated now....'
    Done it again: Many claimed the switch mirrored the unpopular departure of Ann Curry, pictured, in June

Another viewer commented: 'First Ann Curry, now Jenna Wolfe getting the short end of the stick.'
    The program's Twitter page was also targeted by unimpressed punters.

Last week, the bumped anchor expressed her disappointment at the shuffle, tweeting that she was staying with the show because there was 'more to be done here,' but adding 'Mom once said change is good, but I think she meant my diaper.'
    And many thought she looked unhappy in her new role over the weekend.

'I felt so bad for Jenna, looking very uncomfortable,' one viewer commented. 'It's like seeing Ann Curry all over again.'
    Toeing the station line on Sunday, after being quizzed about the audience backlash, Ms Wolfe said she was still 'very much a 'Today' show anchor' and added that 'our 'Today' family got stronger this weekend with the addition of Erica to our team.'

Meanwhile, Ms Hill, a former CBS This Morning anchor, was 'an immediate hit' with the show's producers, RadarOnline reported.

'Erica is being embraced by everyone, and the crew respects her tremendously,' the website's source said.

'Erica is a true professional and one thing that makes her an amazing journalist is that she works with her producers and welcomes feedback. She just brings out the best in people naturally.'

Read more: Today's Jenna Wolfe reprimanded by NBC bosses for on-air 'hostility' towards her replacement Erica Hill | Mail Online

What's going on over at the Today Show? Ann Curry and now Jenna Wolfe.

fgg

i really like jenna wolfe. i've never even heard of the new girl.
    Brookie likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I really like Jenna, but I also like Erica. I dont blame Jenna for being pissed though.
    JazzyGirl and Pojo like this.

Jenna knew it was temporary until they hired a replacement. I'm sure she wanted the position but it didn't mean she would get it. I do like her upbeat style and think she would have been a good fit.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I really like Jenna too! Never heard of this new chick. Maybe it's time to change the station in the mornings; during the week, it's mostly "Morning Joe", but I have done nearly exclusively the "Today" show on weekends because I like(d) the hosts.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Thread Information