Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Ariel Winter from Modern Family removed from home amid abuse claims

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Ariel Winter from Modern Family removed from home amid abuse claims

Spam removed
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; November 7th, 2012 at 10:38 PM. Reason: added more details

Modern Family's Ariel Winter Removed From Home Amid Abuse Allegations

Celebrity News
    November 7, 2012 AT 4:10PM
    By UsWeekly Staff

Ariel Winter arrives at the Emmy Awards on September 23, 2012 in Los Angeles, California.
    Credit: Jason Merritt/WireImage.com
    Modern Family star Ariel Winter is breaking free from her mom, Crystal Workman, with a little help from her older sister Shanelle Gray, TMZ reports.

In October, shocking allegations emerged against Workman, who has reportedly been both physically and emotionally abusive towards her 14-year-old daughter. (Gray filed documents petitioning for guardianship of her younger sibling that month.)

On Nov. 7, TMZ reported that the actress had indeed been placed under her sister's temporary guardianship shortly after Gray's documents were filed. A source tells the site that a restraining order has also been put in place against Workman, who will have to stay 100 yards away from Winter.

According to TMZ's report, Gray was also removed from Workman's home as a child, and placed in foster care by the Department of Children and Family Services.

Winter, who plays brainy teen Alex Dunphy on the beloved ABC sitcom, first got her start in showbiz after landing a spot in a Cool Whip commercial when she was only 6 years old. Winter, along with the rest of the Modern Family cast, earned a Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Ensemble in a Comedy Series in 2011 and again in 2012.
    Read more: Modern Family's Ariel Winter Removed From Home Amid Abuse Allegations - UsMagazine.com
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Oh that's horrible, poor baby. Thank goodness for her sister.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Awww bless her

Poor thing. I hope she gets to stay with her sister permanently.

Oh poor baby. I hate to hear things like that.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I hate that this was made public.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

^ This. But it's good to know someone is protecting her...and her money I hope.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Bronze Member

Whenever something sketchy happens nowadays with Lindsey Lohan, I'm reminded of the revelations that her father would sneak into the house when no one was home and hide, so that he could jump out and terrorize his own children to the point of hysteria. Did anyone outside the family know? Maybe. Maybe not. But all the while, she just plugged away, a nice, hardworking kid. Just like this girl. Did anyone read that piece in EW by the actress from Little House on the Prairie? About child actors flaming out and why adults (agents, managers, etc) allow situations to get out of hand? She said this really disturbing thing: that child actors are more vulnerable than average to all forms of abuse because the adults in their world look the other way. It's kind of shameful to think that her sister, probably barely an adult herself, has to step into those shoes.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReader View Post
    Whenever something sketchy happens nowadays with Lindsey Lohan, I'm reminded of the revelations that her father would sneak into the house when no one was home and hide, so that he could jump out and terrorize his own children to the point of hysteria. Did anyone outside the family know? Maybe. Maybe not. But all the while, she just plugged away, a nice, hardworking kid. Just like this girl. Did anyone read that piece in EW by the actress from Little House on the Prairie? About child actors flaming out and why adults (agents, managers, etc) allow situations to get out of hand? She said this really disturbing thing: that child actors are more vulnerable than average to all forms of abuse because the adults in their world look the other way. It's kind of shameful to think that her sister, probably barely an adult herself, has to step into those shoes.

What kind of sick mind comes up with these things??????? Just another reason why that family is so very messed up. I would have killed my DH if he kept doing this to our children!

Gold Member

Hope that everything works out, IF the above is true, I hope she stays with her sister.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReader View Post
    WHAT? I just googled that shit & I find nothing. Links? Articles? Anything? Not that anything is that hard to believe about Michael Lohan... I just happen to also question anything said BY any other Lohan.
    mistify likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Poor sweetheart. How horrible to have something so awful be so very public. But thank Dog she's out!
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

fgg

Ariel Winter's Mom Denies Abusing the Modern Family Star

Splash News OnlineThe mother of 14-year-old Modern Family star Ariel Winter denied Wednesday allegations she abused her daughter, who has a restraining order against her mom and has moved out of the house.

"It's all untrue, it's all untrue," Chris Workman tells PEOPLE.

According to court papers filed Oct. 3 in Los Angeles, Winter – who plays Alex Dunphy on the hit show – alleges her mother subjected her to "ongoing physical abuse (slapping, hitting, pushing) and emotional abuse (vile name-calling, personal insults about minor and minor's weight, attempts to 'sexualize' minor, deprivation of food, etc.) for an extended period of time."

A judge last month granted Ariel's older sister, Shanelle Gray, temporary guardianship and ordered Workman not to contact her daughter until further notice.

But Workman tells PEOPLE, "I have my doctor's letter that my daughter's never been abused. … I have stylists' letters that she's never been abused."

According to the papers, a judge granted Gray guardianship until a follow-up hearing Nov. 20 and ordered that Workman refrain from contacting Ariel pending further court order.

A rep for Winter could not be reached for comment.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Gold Member

At least the sister has her for the time being.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information