Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By JerriBlank
  • 3 Post By Kathie_Moffett
  • 1 Post By rollo
  • 5 Post By nancydrew

Thread: City trader tries to impress Benecio Del Toro (of all people)

Default City trader tries to impress Benecio Del Toro (of all people)

City trader racks up 40,000 bar bill trying to impress Hollywood star Benicio Del Toro who was sitting at next table
    • City trader splashed a staggering 40,000 bill at private London club
    • He wanted to impress actor Benicio del Toro who was sitting nearby
    • The tab for the night included three 8,000 Methuselah bottles of Dom Perignon and seven 3,500 Dom Perignon Oenotheque 1996

By Harriet Cooke

PUBLISHED: 13:51, 7 November 2012 | UPDATED: 18:40, 7 November 2012

The 40,000 receipt topped with '3 DP MATH' - three Methuselah-sized bottles of Dom Perignon

A city trader splashed out 40,000 on drinks at a swish London bar while trying to impress Hollywood star Benicio Del Toro.

The commodities dealer - who has not been named - was at a Halloween party at Raffles in Chelsea.

He arrived at around 9.30pm with nine fellow traders and kicked off the evening with a round of zombie-themed vodka cocktails, each costing 30, made from rum, absinthe and grapefruit.
    But onlookers said the trader's spending spiralled after the Puerta Rican actor - who starred in Snatch and The Usual Suspects - came and sat nearby.
    Del Toro's arrival at around 11pm was said to have sent the party atmosphere 'into a frenzy', prompting the traders to order more drinks.

Within a couple of hours the businessman had splashed out 24,000 on three bottles of Dom Perignon champagne costing 8,000 each.

By the time he left in the early hours of last Thursday morning, he had racked up a receipt for 40,090.73 - including a 5,229.31 tip.

Onlookers believe he got carried away while trying to impress the Hollywood actor.
    One said: 'The trader was clearly getting into the spirit of the Halloween, and he wasn't holding back.
    'He'd obviously had a good day at the office and wanted to treat his friends.
    'Benicio del Toro was at the club that night so perhaps he wanted to show off in front of a Hollywood A lister.'
    The tab for the night included three Methuselah bottles of Dom Perignon at 8,000 each and seven Dom Perignon Oenotheque 1996, at a total of 3,500.
    The group also drank 10 Halloween zombie-themed vodka cocktails totalling 300, two Belvedere jeroboam vodkas at 1,640, and seven glasses of Don Julio 1942 tequila for 224.

Two Dom Perignon Rose 2000 magnums cost the generous trader 2,200, while the bill also included six bottles of Krug at 2,400, a bottle of Havana 15 rum at 350 and 16 cafe patron - a mix of coffee and tequila - for 160.

Left, Benicio del Toro leaves Raffles club after drinking cocktails at the Halloween party. Right, an 8,000 Dom Perignon 6litre Methuselah bottle similar to the three which were bought by the city trader

Raffles: The club was used for scenes in reality show Made In Chelsea

They then bought 25 bottles of Red Bull for 87.50, bringing the the drinks total to 34,861.50 with a service charge of 5,229.23.

The group finally left at around 2am with the trader, who is a 'regular' at the club, settling the entire bill by card.
    A Raffles spokesman said: "This is one of our higher spends. They don't happen often but when they do, it's great.
    'We're a members only club so obviously we attract a wealthy clientele and we're more than happy to serve them when they want to enjoy themselves.'
    Raffles owner Sachin Khanna said: 'Being a members club, we can't offer comment on this specific table spend however we are confident that these type of spends are achieved because of our heritage and high levels of customer service."
    Del Toro drank Raffles cocktails with shots of tequila before leaving shortly after the group of traders in the early hours of the morning.
    The actor has collected a variety of gongs in his career - including an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, a Screen Actors Guild Award, and a BAFTA award for his role as Javier Rodriguez in Traffic.
    He is also known for his roles as Fred Fenster in The Usual Suspects, Dr. Gonzo in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Franky Four Fingers in Snatch, Jackie Boy in Sin City and Che Guevara in Che.

Read more: City trader racks up 40,000 bar bill trying to impress Hollywood star Benicio Del Toro who was sitting at next table | Mail Online

One said: 'The trader was clearly getting into the spirit of the Halloween, and he wasn't holding back.
    'He'd obviously had a good day at the office and wanted to treat his friends.
    'Benicio del Toro was at the club that night so perhaps he wanted to show off in front of a Hollywood A lister.'
    :S It just sounds like he was trying to impress his friends, but from this one quote, which is just some onlookers offhand speculation it becomes some big story about trying to impress BDT. They didn't even interact or buy BDT drinks. The media is funny.
    BelledeJour likes this.

This new forum is on crack. Why does it tell me below that "Lost City of Cloud People Found In Peru" from 2008 is a "similar thread" to this one about some moron in London spending the price of a condo on alcohol because he was unhinged by the presence of Benicio DelToro??

I fail to see the similarity.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

LOL. It's because of the word 'City.' I'm surprised it didn't bring up Sarah Jessica Parker et al.

Anyway, Benecio is looking a little rough, no? It must be the baby keeping him up all night. Oh wait ...
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

That is really embarrassing. I hope they had fun after all that.

zombie-themed vodka cocktails, each costing 30, made from rum, absinthe and grapefruit.
    Besides the fact that sounds like a recipe for vomit, seriously with the 30-per-drink price tag? Isn't that like $60 US?
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Meanwhile, Benecio was probably comp'd for everything he had, and this idiot was spending the equivalent of some people's yearly wages on drinks.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Bronze Member

I look at the photo and I don't see impressed, I see "I don't want to talk about Keyzer Soze and take your effing hands off the jacket. Thank you." Somehow I suspect the server earned every pence of her gratuity. Ugh.

Who cares about the trader, I just wan to fuck Benicio. Hard.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^This eleventy.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

But...but...he's wearing a *trucker hat* ffs!

Thread Information