Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By heart_leigh

Thread: Natina Reed of 90s group Blaque Killed in Hit and Run

Default Natina Reed of 90s group Blaque Killed in Hit and Run

MTV Mobile News: Blaque's Natina Reed Killed In Hit-And-Run At Age 32

I know we aren't supposed to post just links, but I am on my phone and it isn't letting me post article.

Natina was killed in Atlanta, was confirmed by friends.

Who?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I remember Blaque. Wow. How sad.

[COLOR=#000000 !important]Blaque's Natina Reed Killed In Hit-And-Run At Age 32
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000 !important]James Dinh
    October 27 2012
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000 !important][COLOR=inherit !important]Natina Reed of late-'90s girl group Blaque was killed early Saturday (October 27) in Atlanta in a hit-and-run accident as she was crossing the street, according to tweets from those close to her, including group member Brandi Williams.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=inherit !important]Reed is best known as one-third of the Atlanta-based girl act, who achieved success for their hits "808" and "Bring It All to Me," which featured 'NSYNC's JC Chasez. The rapper also parlayed her musical success into an acting career, starring in the 2000 hit comedy "Bring It On" along with her group members. Reed would have turned 33 on Sunday. She was a protégé of the late Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes, who also left behind a girl group, TLC, in 2002.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=inherit !important]Reed is survived by her 10-year-old son, Tren Brown, with rapper Kurupt.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=inherit !important]Social-media sites lit up shortly after news broke of the singer/actress' passing with a string of remembrance posts for Reed, including Blaque member Brandi Williams' heartfelt message: "Last night the world was changed forever, life will never be the same....she was my sister."[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=inherit !important]Last night the world was changed forever, life will never be the same....she was my sister.— B. Williams (@TheBrandiD) October 27, 2012[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=inherit !important]"Man. in eerie Left Eye fashion....rip to Blaque's Natina Reed," the Roots' ?uestlove tweeted, along with the video for Blaque's "808."[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=inherit !important]"Bring It On" co-star Grabielle Union kept it simple, writing, "#RIP #Sad #BringItOn." Others, like producer Isaac Hayes III, shared his grief through photos, posting a picture of the star on Instagram with a caption that read: "R.I.P. Natina Reed of the Group Blaque. Killed by a Hit & Run last night. So sad."[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=inherit !important]News of the raptress's passing also started plenty of Twitter trending topics, including Blaque and Natina Reed. Recently, Reed was rumored to be back in the studio with Blaque to work on an upcoming album.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=inherit !important]Share your memories of Natina Reed and send your condolences to her family in the comments below.[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Sorry, I can't seem to edit that post to take out the code, nor is it letting me edit the post to say that.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Sad. As a rapper for Blaque, she reminded me of Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes. I remember her bit part in Bring It On. RIP.
    nancydrew likes this.
    Rock the fuck on!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Who?
    Maybe it's a US thing as I have no idea either.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by heart_leigh View Post
    Sad. As a rapper for Blaque, she reminded me of Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes. I remember her bit part in Bring It On. RIP.
    I liked her in Bring it On also!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by heart_leigh View Post
    Left Eye "found" her, ironic they both died way too young.

I was reading a report today that she was walking on a freeway when she was struck by the car (who did stop & rendered aid). I'm literally picturing her just walking down a huge freeway...
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

So sad. I remember her from Bring It On, too.
    wife: Why is your back all scratched up?
    [flashback to me chasing a raccoon after she told me to leave it alone]
    me: I'm having an affair (by @iwearaonesie
    on Twitter)

Wow how sad, she was so young. Her poor son. I loved their song Bring It All To Me, it was pure cheesy 90s rnb but I loved it.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Oh no!! She is so pretty. I liked Blaque. Strange that her and Left Eye both died in a car accident.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    Left Eye "found" her, ironic they both died way too young.

I was reading a report today that she was walking on a freeway when she was struck by the car (who did stop & rendered aid). I'm literally picturing her just walking down a huge freeway...

This got me curious so I went looking and sure enough:

By Bo Emerson and Christopher Seward
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Gwinnett County authorities are seeking information to help explain the accidental death of Atlanta R&B singer Natina Reed of the female group Blaque, who was struck and killed late Friday while standing in a roadway just north of Lilburn.
    Gwinnett County police would like to speak to “anyone who might have information about anything that could help us determine why she was there, anything to help us understand how this came together,” said police spokesman Sgt. Rich Long.
    “As of right now, it does not appear that the driver has any fault in this event,” said Long, who added that it was the driver who contacted police about the accident. The driver, who was not immediately identified, was not expected to be charged, the spokesman said.
    Long corrected earlier reports on MTV.com and Vibe.com and in multiple Twitter postings that the death was caused by a hit-and-run driver. Reed, a 32-year-old protégé of the late TLC singer Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes, would have celebrated her 33rd birthday Sunday.
    Long said police received a call around 10:30 p.m. Friday that a woman had been struck by a red Honda Accord on Lawrenceville Highway (U.S. 29) near Hamilton Road, just north of Lilburn.
    Long said investigators were still trying to determine why Reed was in the roadway and whether she was crossing or walking alongside it. The spokesman said CPR was performed at the scene and Reed was taken to Gwinnett Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead at 10:59 p.m.
    Long said other than the driver and a passenger in the car, there did not appear to be any additional witnesses. The spokesman said more information would be released as facts become available.
    “It’s kind of a dark lit area,” said Long. “There is not really anything in that area that’s open at that time of night, that would be any kind of a draw to a person up there,” he said.
    source: Natina Reed: Police seeking help investigating Atlanta... | www.ajc.com
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Maybe it's a US thing as I have no idea either.
    Well I don't know her either.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I only know her from the movie "Bring it On". RIP
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

RIP. She was funny in Bring it On and she did remind me a lot of Left Eye. I'm hoping she didn't put herself in front of that car.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Thread Information