Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Emma Watson on differences between U.S. and British guys & dislike of flip-flops

Default Emma Watson on differences between U.S. and British guys & dislike of flip-flops

Emma Watson: There's a Difference in British & American Guys!

Emma Watson flashes a smile during her appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, airing Tuesday (October 16).

The 22-year-old English actress chatted with Ellen about her fear of auditioning and discussed the difference between dating English and American guys.

“English guys are very well put together. They dress really well and they are very well mannered. But they are also very restrained. Usually in the whole courting situation, I‘m used to being first of all, ignored for the first two months of the ritual. And then maybe they’ll acknowledge my presence. Then, they’ll probably be a little mean to me. And then, maybe we’ll you know whatever,” Emma shared. “Then I arrive in America and I remember a few nights into Brown this guy just being like, I like you. You’re great. Let’s go on a date. Let’s do it. I’m like; I’m sorry, what just happened? This is like a huge culture shock for me. They’re very like open and very straight forward but they wear flip-flops and I don’t know if I like that.”
    Emma Watson: There’s a Difference in British & American Guys! | Ellen DeGeneres, Emma Watson : Just Jared

Clip at the link.

Does she post here? Seriously, I had no idea so many people disliked flip-flops or that it was a dating dealbreaker until reading it here recently.
    darksithbunny likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Oooh! So Emma Watson is here..... Lol!

Srly I wear flipflops, but on a man? No.
    Waterslide and Callalily like this.

Hum... the British guy I dated here in America loved his flip flops more than he loved me.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

but these are men at Brown.

A*O

I'm so totally, like, whatever.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I knew there was a reason I loved her.
    Bellatheball likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

This. Men should never wear flip flops under any circumstances.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Hey, I'd prefer most of them avoid sandals altogether. Blech.
    GRuser1, Leyot and Waterslide like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Gold Member

I couldn't care less about men wearing flip flops (when appropriate). Didn't realized it bugged so many people..
    00Kimmi00 likes this.

Yeah, men with flip flops are awful. Sandals on men are also rather ugly.

I just hate those bulky flip flops that a lot of men seem to wear here in the US, if they wear just normal havaianas that's fine, and only when appropriate, not as dress shoes or for going out.
    These things:
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

She sounds adorable!

Back when I was in college about 25 yrs ago (eek!) I sat behind a totally hot guy in class and I used to stare at his sexy ankles in Birkenstocks every day. I guess I had a bit of a foot fetish (for him), although I don't have one now. So on the right guy, sandals can be OK! Now my 49 yr old husband wears Birkenstocks and it is SO not the same

^^ Mr Novice wears steel-toe-capped boots, or slippers or dealer boots. I'd burn flipflops if he had any, his feet need NOT be seen in the light if day!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    but these are men at Brown.
    That makes a difference? Is it special? (I have a feeling that you're joshing with me but I think I've missed the point )
    I lived in SoCa and still hold this opinion, but those spa slides are way worse!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    This. Men should never wear flip flops under any circumstances.
    This!!!!
    Waterslide likes this.

LOL...as for the thing about Brown, I think it's because it's a hippie, man-sandal wearing kind of studentship as opposed to someone from Harvard, who hopefully, would not be caught dead in a pair of flip-flops.

Urban dictionary has a few different explanations.

Urban Dictionary: brown university

3. Brown University

An article released in China announced Brown as one of the top four universities in America alongside the typical Harvard, Yale, and Princeton. Most famous for its open curriculum. If you're going to pay a large sum of money for college education, you should have the right to use your money to take whatever classes you want or need. Brown allows you to do that.

Voted douchiest school 2009 from GQ from, later found out it was an inside joke. Just because we're a liberal institution does not mean we are tree-huggers, hippies, pot smokers, sex-loving freaks.

Brown students are known to be more well-rounded than those from other Ivies. We're outgoing, social, down-to-earth yet attentive, intelligent, and eager to learn.

Also famous now because of Emma Watson and yes, I've seen her.
    If you think college sucks, you haven't been to Brown University.

A t-shirt said, "HARVARD (because Brown rejected me)"

"So like, with that much freedom and the open curriculum, how do Brown students learn?"
    "Oh we learn. We want to learn. But we know how to have fun too."

Usual student, "Did you see Emma Watson?"
    Brown student, "Yes, why?"
    Usual student," OMG I love her, you are so lucky!! Have you talked to her? OMG I want to meet her."
    Brown student, "Uh huh...sure. Yeah I saw her, do I care? I've got my own stuff to worry about."
    emma watson brown university college rhode island brown students higher education harry potter hermione liberal
    by Brownbard13 Nov 16, 2009 share this add a video
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I love flip flops. I don't get the big deal about them. It's like complaining about women going shopping in yoga pants with their ass crack showing (most young women do that where I live) and it's way more disturbing than flip flops, especially when you take good care of your feet.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information