Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Russell Crowe and wife Danielle Spencer split after nine years

Default Russell Crowe and wife Danielle Spencer split after nine years

Gladiator actor Russell Crowe and wife Danielle Spencer split after nine years

Gladiator actor Russell Crowe and his wife of nine years, Danielle Spencer, have separated, according to a report in Sydney today.

The 48-year-old Oscar-winning actor and his 43-year-old singer wife have gone their separate ways, with Crowe turning his undivided attention to his acting career after the split, said the report.

The couple, who have two children – Charles and Tennyson, aged eight and six – have parted on friendly terms, the children remaining with Miss Spencer while her now-estranged husband continues filming the biblical epic Noah in the US.

The report has come as a shock to showbusiness circles in Australia because the couple were regarded as a having a strong marriage despite the demands of their careers, with New Zealand-born Crowe in constant demand for film roles while his wife, whose mother is English, has managed caring for the children as well as singing and appearing on Australian TV.

They were married in a chapel on Crowe’s farm in the hamlet of Nana Glen, in northern New South Wales, in 2003, following which they lived in a penthouse on the shores of Sydney harbour before moving into a £6 million mansion in the posh harbourside suburb of Rose Bay.

The Sydney Morning Herald, which broke the news of the split today, said Miss Spencer was the quiet, unassuming woman who tamed the Gladiator with her calm and steady nature.

Despite the general belief that they were a strongly-bonded couple, some critics were surprised to note that Miss Spencer had been photographed on a night out with Damian Whitewood, her dance partner in a tv show, Dancing With the Stars, a few months ago.

Crowe made a big point of dismissing rumours about their relationship later when he gave his wife a lingering kiss in front of the cameras at Sydney airport.

Gladiator actor Russell Crowe and wife Danielle Spencer separate after nine years | Mail Online
    Last edited by Lalique; October 14th, 2012 at 10:30 AM.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Not suprised.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Now he and meg can finally be together!

Now Meg can eat him with monstrous mouth!
    Bellatheball likes this.

Shocking.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The only surprise is that it took 9 years.
    penname and holly like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

Wow, I am very surprised by this. It took them a long time to get married so I really thought they would stick it out once they decided to take the plunge.

[I always thought she was a little too cold-natured for him, and not nearly as demonstrably affectionate. Too bad Nicole Kidman is saddled with Keith Urban because I always thought she was the love of his life]

EDIT: Great Javert poster:

I always felt like the went out and sowed his oats while keeping her languishing on the line, and then when he felt like he'd gotten it out of his system a bit, he threw her a bone and married her. Maybe not, but that was the vibe I got.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I always felt like the went out and sowed his oats while keeping her languishing on the line, and then when he felt like he'd gotten it out of his system a bit, he threw her a bone and married her. Maybe not, but that was the vibe I got.
    She definitely put up with a lot of oat sowing while they were dating. Back in the late 90's Russell and Sting went prowling together a lot, practically right in front of Danielle, but she went ahead and married Russell so I guess she thought it was worth it.

Next!

That wedding dress is horrible!
    Callalily and Lalique like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

He looks absolutely radiant.

lmao Mohandas

It is kind of a shame Nicole's married, I wonder who the hell he'll end up with next. He's defo not the catch he used to be.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

That dress looks so cheap and nylony (is nylony a word?).
    Stereo Inferno likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by frockhorror View Post
    That dress looks so cheap and nylony (is nylony a word?).
    It is now!

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    lmao Mohandas

It is kind of a shame Nicole's married, I wonder who the hell he'll end up with next. He's defo not the catch he used to be.
    Neither is Meg....so......

Seriously though Mohandas, he did look all aglow and youthful there. Shocking what a mere nine years has done to him. Or I guess, what he's done to himself.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information