Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By Karistiona
  • 2 Post By Novice
  • 2 Post By Osakan

Thread: Elton John plans a four-day bash to celebrate his husband's birthday

Default Elton John plans a four-day bash to celebrate his husband's birthday

Elton plans a 'party to end all parties' with performances by Lady Gaga and Cher for husband David's 50th

PUBLISHED: 22:03, 13 October 2012 | UPDATED: 22:03, 13 October 2012

Sir Elton John is planning an extraordinary four-day bash to celebrate his partner David Furnish's 50th birthday.

Elton, 65, is billing the lavish do in Los Angeles as 'the party to end all parties' and guests are expected to fly in from all over the world.

Elton will perform and Lady Gaga, the Scissor Sisters, Cher and Cirque du Soleil will also appear at the party's various venues.

Extravaganza: Elton John plans to celebrate David Furnish's 50th birthday was a huge party

Guests including David and Victoria Beckham and Elizabeth Hurley have been invited to the extravaganza, which has taken six months to plan.

Those who have flown in will be put up at Elton's expense at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills, where rooms start at 310 a night.
    Lady Gaga and Cher have been booked to perform at the lively event

The celebrations for David whom Elton insists should be referred to as his husband after their civil ceremony in 2005 kick off on Wednesday, October 24 at the couple's 4 million new home in the Hollywood Hills.

The first night will take the form of a housewarming party for the couple's mansion, which has undergone a multi-million-pound renovation and includes a nursery for their son Zachary, who will celebrate his second birthday on Christmas Day.

The following day is David's birthday and dinner will be laid on for 200 guests in the ballroom of the 112-year-old Belasco Theatre in downtown Los Angeles. Those guests who are still standing on Friday night will continue the celebrations at nightclub Greystone Manor, where Cher will perform.

The party will round off on Saturday when guests will be driven 300 miles to Las Vegas to see Elton's Million Dollar Piano show at Caesars Palace.

'Elton wants this to be the party to end all parties,' said a friend. 'Money is no object.'

His own 50th birthday was a study in excess, with the host turning up in an elaborate Louis XIV-style costume complete with 15ft silk train and a towering wig. The hairpiece was so tall he had to be driven to the venue in the back of a lorry.

Read more: Elton plans a 'party to end all parties' for David's 50th | Mail Online

Man that's awesome, I wish Elton John was my husband. Davids looking well for 50!
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Is he also providing the under-aged rent boys or does one provide one's own?
    witchcurlgirl and Bluebonnet like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    Man that's awesome, I wish Elton John was my husband. Davids looking well for 50!
    He always seems to put on good/ridiculously extravagant parties! I agree, David doesn't look bad for 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Is he also providing the under-aged rent boys or does one provide one's own?
    There'll be one under every table courtesy of Elton. Please specify top or bottom when you RSVP.
    msdeb and Novice like this.

^

Men should not carry tote bags.

Are the people here who said David looks good for 50 nearing or over 50 at all?

Remember this?

Last edited by Chalet; October 14th, 2012 at 02:27 PM.

^ I wonder if Renate will be invited?

David should burn those shoes and that bag.

They seem very happy together. I think David has been good for Elton. Sounds like a grand party.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

can't diss a guy who worked hard all his life making pretty decent music and actually earned his money. if he want's to blow a crapload of it for a party, go hard elton!!!! you deserve it.

Thread Information