Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Christina Hendricks pissed at 'full-figured' question

Default Christina Hendricks pissed at 'full-figured' question

[YOUTUBE]P3oDRfGI3wY[/YOUTUBE]

An Australian fashion editor called Christina Hendricks full-figured (twice), much to the dismay of the Mad Men actress.
    During an interview with the Australian Sun-Herald, Christina Hendricks refused to answer a question about being an "inspiration to full-figured women."
    The actress reportedly responded off-camera "I think calling me full-figured is just rude."
    Hendricks was voted Esquire's Sexiest Woman Alive in 2010, and has been vocal about being admired for her shape in the past.
    In a 2010 interview with Health magazine, she said:
    "It's such a compliment...Because of all those times I had agents who were like, 'You have to lose some weight,' and all of a sudden, people are celebrating it. It's like: 'Oh, thank you! Thank you for letting me be me.'
    Perhaps she thinks it's time to stop going on about it.

Well,gee. I guess she hasn't noticed the lady did not call her fat. Full figured seems to nail it.
    Callalily likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Well, as a former big boobed girl, I would have thought it was rude too. But that's just me.
    mopar and Sunrider like this.

Silver Member

Boo hoo Christina. You are in an industry full of skinny mini women. Full figured is not an insult. Fat, huge and catastrophic coverage would be.

I don't really think the interviewer meant to call her fat, but the phrase "full-figured" has taken on some negative connotations, along with "curvy." It's basically synonymous with fat now, which are two wildly different things, imo.
    Sylkyn, *DIVA!, chartreuse and 1 others like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Gold Member

I thought she was proud of being full figured.

Coulda been worse. She coulda called her "Rubenesque".

Seriously, Christina is being ridiculous. She IS full-figured. Would "voluptuous" REALLY be any better? She is a big, healthy, gorgeous woman in an industry known for hollow-cheeked, twig-limbed skinny chicks. If she doesn't like standing out in that crowd, she's shit out of luck.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Rubenesque! Ha!

I'm on the fence with this one. I don't think the interviewer was trying to be rude, but the question was perhaps inappropriate and uncomfortable and does apparently carry negative connotations for Christina. On the other hand, maybe it would have been better if she laughed it off. Though, why she had to offer an example of how her full figure has inspired people is kind of weird.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I had a wild sex dream about Roger Sterling(John Slattery) last night. I thinking I was channeling Joan or something. Sorry I've got nothing more to add to this thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I am sorry dear but you are full-figured, at least to me, and at least in these picture without wearing spanx. I always thought full figured is a woman who has big boobs and maybe also butt. So not the same as plus sized. But maybe I'm wrong.
    Waterslide likes this.
    -

I suspect she's just getting a bit pissed at having her avoirdupois constantly pointed out over and over. It doesn't much matter whether they're mostly comments of admiration over her cleavage or whatever, it's the constant picking at her size. And seriously, how can it not feel rude to have your less-than-perfect body picked at over and over, whether it's by construction workers, colleagues, journalists or complete strangers? To me it IS rude, and it's highly personal. Admittedly, her less-than-common curves may have indirectly made her a lot of money, but she's an actress, not a glamour model. In her place, if my 'curves' were constantly being asked about by complete strangers, I'd be pretty irked, too.
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

She's not full figured. She's just fat. That's all she is. And no way she is a hourglass. Maybe when they squeeze her waist like a sausage.
    dilligaf and holly like this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by penname View Post
    I suspect she's just getting a bit pissed at having her avoirdupois constantly pointed out over and over. It doesn't much matter whether they're mostly comments of admiration over her cleavage or whatever, it's the constant picking at her size. And seriously, how can it not feel rude to have your less-than-perfect body picked at over and over, whether it's by construction workers, colleagues, journalists or complete strangers? To me it IS rude, and it's highly personal. Admittedly, her less-than-common curves may have indirectly made her a lot of money, but she's an actress, not a glamour model. In her place, if my 'curves' were constantly being asked about by complete strangers, I'd be pretty irked, too.
    I think the interviewer is a fashion editor? In which case, if I were Christina I would assume she was most likely using 'full figured' as a euphemism for 'fat'.
    Flygirl and Sunrider like this.

Her body is what made her famous. She better learn not to care.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

^Exactly. She has no problem showing off those humongous titties of hers, but please don't mention her full-figuredness? Please.
    rollo likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information