Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Lourdes Leon said to be planning to pay her own way through college

Default Lourdes Leon said to be planning to pay her own way through college

Mama don't pay! Madonna's daughter Lourdes 'will finance herself through university as she's fed up with celebrity rules'

By Sylvia Mulder

Little girls grow up fast.

Madonna's firstborn daughter, Lourdes, is preparing the leave her mother's nest and live on her own.

The 16-year-old girl is said to be planning her escape to the performing arts school Bard College outside of New York to flee from her mother's strict rules, and she plans on paying for it herself.

Teenage rebellion: 16-year-old Lourdes is said to be fed up with mother Madonna's rules and wants to leave for university

Lourdes is said to be fed up with her mother's strict parenting rules, and her rebellious nature now sees her planning to leave home.

And the young girl is so desperate to be independent, she wants to pay her own way through college, The Sun reports.

Lourdes has teamed up with her mother to create the teenage clothing line Material Girl, and will presumably use the money she earned through that to pay the expensive college fees.

Later mom: The teen is eager to go to a performing arts school in New York state and flee from her mother's nest

A source has said: 'Lourdes can’t wait to leave home and get to university. She’s already planned it all.'

'She’s also fed up being in the spotlight. That’s why she didn’t go on stage during Madonna’s tour.'

The oldest offspring of Madonna, 54, will leave her three siblings behind, Rocco, 12, David Banda, 7, and Mercy James, 6.

Spotlight: Lourdes is said to want to take a step back from the spotlight and didn't appear with her mother on stage during her latest world tour

Meanwhile, Madonna herself has been on tour promoting her latest album MDNA, which has seen disappointing sales.
    She caused controversy last week when she called President Barack Obama 'a black muslim' during a show in his hometown Washington DC.

She apologised, claiming it was all a joke.'I was just being ironic on stage," she said in a statement.

Read more: Madonna's 16-year-old daughter Lourdes plans to pay her own way through university as she's fed up with mum's celebrity rules | Mail Online

Madonna's daughter rebelling? How shocking! More power to her if she's going to pay for college herself, but I don't think having your mom, who's one of the most famous women in the world and a bazillionaire to boot, set up a fashion line for you when you're 14 is quite the same as busting your ass working three jobs to pay for school.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

She could always write that tell all book if mom cuts her money off. That would pay for a lot of college.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    She could always write that tell all book if mom cuts her money off. That would pay for a lot of college.

Yes! please, please, please, please!!!!

^Now I love that idea!
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

fgg

this assumes that she has free access to that money, which i highly doubt.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I always like the idea of celebrity spawn tell-alls, but at this point, I don't know what Madonna could do in her private life that could shock me.
    Callalily and Mercer like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I think Madonna is kind of boring IRL, but I'd love to hear Lourdes' perspective.

Lourdes probably doesn't have access to all the clothing line money, but it's always there for her in concept. Chances are she is never going to know what it's like to be broke and I think that having that safety net is a completely different mindset from people who really do have to be financially independent when paying for college.
    Laurent, Callalily and dowcat like this.

Paying her own way with her TRUST FUND.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I always like the idea of celebrity spawn tell-alls, but at this point, I don't know what Madonna could do in her private life that could shock me.
    Probably not much, but I'd love to know what Lourdes thinks of her mother dating men half her age, her adopted siblings that Madonna just had to have (and seems to spend no time with), the Malawi debacle, etc.
    rollo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    Probably not much, but I'd love to know what Lourdes thinks of her mother dating men half her age, her adopted siblings that Madonna just had to have (and seems to spend no time with), the Malawi debacle, etc.
    Yeah, but one interview could cover that nicely.
    Callalily likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercer View Post
    Yeah, but one interview could cover that nicely.
    There's probably a lot more things she could go into, things we haven't thought about. But if she ever does it I think she should wait till she's older because her perspective may change with age & maturity

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Madonna's daughter rebelling? How shocking! More power to her if she's going to pay for college herself, but I don't think having your mom, who's one of the most famous women in the world and a bazillionaire to boot, set up a fashion line for you when you're 14 is quite the same as busting your ass working three jobs to pay for school.
    True!

But IDGAF where she got the money, really; as long as it is legally hers and not her mother's, she's made her point and I think it's a good one.

Plus, think about it: she is using the money to GO TO COLLEGE. Not sticking it up her nose or buying shit tons of unflattering clothing and posing like a desperate assclown with bad hair with on red carpets everywhere. In fact, I'd say Kelly Osbourne acts more like Madonna than Lourdes does.

And I just love it when someone gives Madonna the finger. So yeah. Team Lourdes on this one.
    rollo likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Rumer Willis she ain't! Good for Lourdes.

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

Madonna is very smart. By being so over the top, her kids rebel by being ultra conservative and going to College.
    Quite genius when you think about it!

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information