Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Nicole Kidman Opens Up a Bit in WHO interview

Default Nicole Kidman Opens Up a Bit in WHO interview

Nicole Kidman Stars As WHO Turns 20

October 3, 2012, 5:00 am Sarah Grant | WHO Magazine
    The Hollywood star exclusively opens up to WHO on love, loss and motherhood to mark WHO’s 20th Birthday.

WHO's 20th Birthday Special Issue - On Sale Now!

In one of her most revealing interviews to date, Nicole Kidman looks back on the past 20 years, telling WHO about her loves and heartbreak, the struggle to create the family of her dreams, and the moments—both dark and joyous—that have defined her eventful life.
    Kidman, the star of WHO’s 20th Anniversary Collector’s Issue, discusses the turmoil she suffered in the wake of her marriage breakdown to Tom Cruise, her emotional experiences with adoption, pregnancy, miscarriage and surrogacy, her career highs and how her love for husband Keith Urban has moved her life into “a really beautiful place.”
    Speaking from her home in Nashville, Tennessee, the Oscar winning actress, 45, also reflects on some of her 56 WHO covers on which she has appeared since the magazine’s 1992 inception—more than any other celebrity. From the “loneliest, loneliest existence” she felt following her 2001 split to Cruise, to the surprise joy she discovered at finding love again with Urban in 2005, Kidman reveals: “There was a long time when I never thought it would happen for me again - and it happened! I never, ever take Keith or our love for granted and I always keep in my mind that my dream is to grow very old with him.”
    PHOTOS: Nicole Looks Back: My Life In WHO Covers
    The mother of four also takes the opportunity to honour her adoptive children with Cruise, Bella, 19 and Connor, 17, as well as her daughters with Urban, Sunday, 4, and Faith, 21 months. “All of my kids are highlights of my life,” she says. “I remember when we adopted Bella, her looking at me for the very first time. That is extremely powerful, like a kind of birth, too. They are all my biggest joys.” Adds Kidman: “I married [Tom] really fast and really young, but I don’t regret that because it got me Bella and Connor, and I did have a fantastic marriage for a long period. Then when it didn't work out, I had to really dig deep and find my way through depression, but I have no regrets about all of it. It was all a part of growing up.”

WHO's 20th Birthday Special Issue - On Sale Now!

Kidman also denies recent reports that she counselled Katie Holmes, 33, in the lead up to her surprise split from Cruise in June. While a source allegedly told American publication US Weekly, “They’ve spoken over the past few weeks,” Kidman denies this. “I never spoke to her,” she tells WHO exclusively. “I wish all of them well, but I was not involved in any of that.”
    On headlining WHO’s story “20 Years of Icons”, Kidman says, “I don’t feel like an icon, but it’s really nice to be called it!”
    For Kidman’s complete interview, pick up this week’s collector’s issue of WHO, on sale now. To go behind the scene's in Nashville with Kidman at her WHO 20th Birthday Photo Shoot, check out WHO.com's 20th Dedicated Birthday Site Here.

A selection of the 50+ Covers

(notice the bandaged arm here?

Apparently when she married Tom she wore an antique dress from an Amsterdam flea market & still has it.... I don't think I've even seen a picture.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I like the cover. Still hoping we will get a Co$ tell all from her one day!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I adore her. I hate that she has messed up her face with so much plastic surgery, but I have just always loved her onscreen and off.
    PrincessMoFo and OrangeSlice like this.

Thank goodness she got away from the piss blonde hair.
    Last edited by WhateverLolaWants; October 4th, 2012 at 08:02 PM.
    Callalily likes this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Hit By Ban Bus!

Gorgeous cover! Legs are to die for.

Another reason to love her: Nicole refused to say the N-word in The Paperboy
    NEW YORK -- By his own admission, Lee Daniels sets out to "discombobulate" actors on set.

But he made his star Nicole Kidman actively uncomfortable when he asked her to say the N-word during a scene in their new movie, the period melodrama "The Paperboy."

The polarizing film, about a journalist and a murder in 1970s Florida, is a simmering pot of race and class, with Kidman’s Charlotte Bless a vixen who speaks her mind. In one scene, Daniels wanted her to aim an N-word at a black costar. But the actress bristled at the idea.

On Wednesday at a press conference at the New York Film Festival, the disagreement again reared its head.

As Daniels recounted his puzzlement that Kidman wouldn’t say it, Kidman replied, looking slightly annoyed, "I didn't feel like it was right for the character," then after a second, "I have a son who's African American and I just didn't feel it was right. It wasn't right."

Daniels said that he was initially frustrated by Kidman’s stance and expressed that feeling to his producer. The producer replied that so far during the shoot Daniels had put Kidman’s character in a compromising sexual position, as well as had her pee on Zac Efron, so maybe best to cut her a break. Daniels relented.

Still, the director took a generally direct line with his actors. As Kidman’s costar David Oyelowo put it, Daniels “feels it is his job to push you out of your comfort zone; he feels the truth will be accessed" that way.

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - Nicole Kidman refused to say N-word for Lee Daniels in 'Paperboy'

Bless her heart for refusing to say the n word. I can't help it, I have always liked Nicole and never really bought all the vicious things about her that began popping up on the web--OHWHATACOINCIDENCEnot--after her divorce from Scientology.

I do get it that she's neurotic, high-strung and insecure. That doesn't equal evil bitch.

Love the pic of her and Bella and Connor. Notice how her hair looks so much healthier curly, even when she's bleached the shit out of it.

I don't think she's had much actual PS, as in cutting. Like, there's no "surprised look", thank god. Brow lifts are an atrocity and should be banned. But her offenses with botox and fillers are apparent. She does look better lately. I hope she keeps heading in the right direction. Those new photos are stunning; even photoshopped they are obviously her.

I only just noticed that her bio children's names are almost like a big Catholic FUCK YOU to Scientology. HA.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Don't care, hate the pruny face bitch nearly as much as I hate Cruise.
    Jazzy and dexter7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

(notice the bandaged arm here?
    That's a little odd looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Apparently when she married Tom she wore an antique dress from an Amsterdam flea market & still has it.... I don't think I've even seen a picture.
    I've never heard that or seen a picture of it either. I'd love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    Bless her heart for refusing to say the n word. I can't help it, I have always liked Nicole and never really bought all the vicious things about her that began popping up on the web--OHWHATACOINCIDENCEnot--after her divorce from Scientology.

I do get it that she's neurotic, high-strung and insecure. That doesn't equal evil bitch.

Love the pic of her and Bella and Connor. Notice how her hair looks so much healthier curly, even when she's bleached the shit out of it.

I don't think she's had much actual PS, as in cutting. Like, there's no "surprised look", thank god. Brow lifts are an atrocity and should be banned. But her offenses with botox and fillers are apparent. She does look better lately. I hope she keeps heading in the right direction. Those new photos are stunning; even photoshopped they are obviously her.

I only just noticed that her bio children's names are almost like a big Catholic FUCK YOU to Scientology. HA.
    I agree with all of this. I don't think she's evil and I don't really get the hate.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Elite Member

I don't think that's a bandage. I think it's one of those ugly arm-band accessory thingies.

The greyish green patches are what looks odd to me.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post
    I don't think that's a bandage. I think it's one of those ugly arm-band accessory thingies.
    You're right

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    The greyish green patches are what looks odd to me.
    Leaves?

While looking for that picture (of the arm bangle) I found this...

Is she squeezing a zit?
    Last edited by Novice; October 5th, 2012 at 06:51 AM.
    Waterslide likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I'd forgotten how hot she used to be. And how huge Tom's nose...used to be?
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

I miss non crazy-looking Tom, he was really handsome

I'm loving Nicole's Stodden armband, we finally know where The Stod is taking her inspiration from - she obviously wants to be the next Nicole!

I like Nicole a lot, I think she's a great actress and I also like that she's not saying nasty things about Tom even now after all the crap that's been said about her in the media which, as others have said, obviously comes from the Scientology PR machine.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
    Don't care, hate the pruny face bitch nearly as much as I hate Cruise.
    Me too. She just keeps going on and on and on about the whole Cruise divorce & her depression. STFU Nicole.

Does she forget Tom blind sided Mimi Rogers in pretty much the same way he did her (to be with her).

Karma is a bitch.
    Last edited by Jazzy; October 5th, 2012 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Fixing my Grammar and its probably still wrong
    Voodoo Child and Marmar2 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information