Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Richard Belzer (Law & Order) gives Nazi salute on FoxNews

Default Richard Belzer (Law & Order) gives Nazi salute on FoxNews

Wednesday, October 3rd 2012
    Richard Belzer Gives Nazi Salute To Fox News

[YOUTUBE]giFFALUlPTo[/YOUTUBE]

Actor, foolery maker and comedian Richard Belzer was on Fox 5's Good Day New York today, which is sort of surprising since I can't believe they have time to interview guests in between giving us the weather every 3 seconds. But anyway, they had Richard Belzer on to talk about Law & Order: SVU and stuff, and who ever is in charge of hitting the bleep button nearly had an aneurysm in their censorin' finger when he started making jokes about ass rape. Richard also topped his ass rape joke by giving out a special "Heil, gurl, Heil" to Fox News.

The ridiculousness started when one viewer said that Good Day New York's co-host Dave Price looks like a clone of Richard Belzer. (Side note: I definitely have different eyeballs than that viewer, because I don't see it at all. Richard Belzer looks more like a mix of white Obama and a scholarly Galapagos turtle to me.) Co-host Rosanna Scotto said that Dave should play Richard's brother on SVU and Richard responded with: "If he gets molested and banged in the ass."

The side-eyes and nervous laughs from the hosts was Richard Belzer's cue to say goodbye, so he did it by making the Nazi salute for Dave and Rosanna's colleagues at the other Fox division. Richard's rep told TMZ that it was all just a joke: "[It was] satirical gesture toward Fox News ... whose ideology he is opposed to. The other portion was a joke pertaining to the material of Richard's TV show, which he tweaked at the last minute to make about furniture. A joke is a joke."

What an irresponsible, stupid and dangerous thing to do! If Mad Mel Gibson was watching with the sound off and didn't know Richard Belzer was Jewish, he'd want to bang Richard in the ass before Jacuzzi. In this day and age, the Nazi salute is also sign language for "Please bang me in the ass before Jacuzzi, Mel Gibson." Richard should know better. For shame.

Posted by: Michael K

I kinda see where he thought it was a joke, still a stupid fucking stunt nonetheless. Especially from someone with a German surname, its just going to be viewed in the worst possible light.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hmm. I can see why he does best with a script.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

He seems really scatter brained. I bet they about shit when he said if you get molested and banged in the ass, on the air, live. lol I noticed that more than the Nazi salute.

Richard Belzer is a brilliant and subversive stand-up comedian. I would totally expect something like this. That being said, he doesn't look too healthy...

Totally retarded and ill mannered to do this on the local area fluff morning show. Save it for where it's deserved.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Richard Belzer is a brilliant and subversive stand-up comedian. I would totally expect something like this. That being said, he doesn't look too healthy...
    His old stand up routines are stellar stuff.

He's been ill with an unspecified condition for a while. He had to cut back on his L&O screen time for it.
    Callalily likes this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Fox News deserves but if he is so opposed, why did he agree to be interviewed? Very bad choice of words and actions.
    kersalli and Callalily like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Totally retarded and ill mannered to do this on the local area fluff morning show. Save it for where it's deserved.
    I don't know anything about this particular Fox affiliate, so I can see your point about it being ill-mannered. But if it were the Fox & Friends morning show, I would TOTALLY support him doing this.

This only makes me love him more. Plus, he's jewish, which IMO gives you carte blanche to make all the nazi salutes you want.
    Callalily likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I don't know anything about this particular Fox affiliate, so I can see your point about it being ill-mannered. But if it were the Fox & Friends morning show, I would TOTALLY support him doing this.
    Any of the Fox news things would have been a fine place to do it. This is just a little AM show- weather, traffic, local interest stories, happy birthday wishes to viewers, etc. It's like slapping Willard Scott.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I love his standup and his conspiracy stuff, but the heil hitlering during a fluff piece is probably not where you're going to get your best point across. LMAO at the slapping Willard Scott analogy!

It was all worth it for the turtle comment from Michael K, though.

Richard Belzer looks more like a mix of white Obama and a scholarly Galapagos turtle to me.)
    He does kind of look like Barack Obama, I'd never noticed it before.

olivia, are there any rumors or speculation to what illness he has? I catch SVU occasionally and thought he looked like he'd been sick. I was just curious.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

He's had cancer in the past, it may have reoccurred.

Hasn't he got a rep for being an arsehole? I remember a couple of articles about a-hole behaviour (to fans, airline staff)
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Hasn't he got a rep for being an arsehole? I remember a couple of articles about a-hole behaviour (to fans, airline staff)
    There's probably quite the dossier on him - he is a peculiar guy. Very smart, but believes in a lot of conspiracy theories. Testicular cancer survivor. Had a comedy stand-up performance called "One Lone Nut" - combining his cancer battle with his belief in conspiracies.

so basically he is his l&o character
    Last edited by sputnik; October 4th, 2012 at 09:56 AM.
    *DIVA! and Callalily like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information