• 2 Post By Waterslide
  • 1 Post By greysfang
  • 2 Post By sluce
  • 1 Post By greysfang

Thread: Justin Timberlake and Shriners break charity golf ties

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Justin Timberlake and Shriners break charity golf ties

5:55PM EST October 2. 2012 - It was an "ouch" day for Justin Timberlake. Shriners Hospitals for Children, sponsor of an annual Las Vegas celebrity golf tournament, ended its relationship with him in an embarrassingly public way.

"Justin's a wonderful person," tournament chairman Raoul Frevel told the Las Vegas Review Journal. Frevel coordinated the pop/movie star's involvement with the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open in Las Vegas and his corresponding concerts, aimed at raising money for the group's well-regarded hospitals.

Frevel says the Shriners tried to get the former N'Sync star to become more involved with the hospitals and the patients they serve. "But it seemed that when the TV cameras weren't on, he disappeared."

So after Sunday's final round in this year's tournament, which begins Thursday, Timberlake and the Shriners will part ways.

Timberlake did help raise millions through his concerts during the tournament in his first four years, but he wasn't able to attract more media interest or consistently lure bigger-name players, says Frevel.

"At the time we got involved with golf, we were told by the Tour we needed a big name, and that's how our relationship with Justin came about," Frevel said.

"Bye, bye, Justin," read the opening paragraph of the Review-Journal's story on the split.

Next year, the tournament will be known as the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open and will be part of the Tour's FedEx Cup series, counting toward the playoffs in 2014.
    Justin Timberlake and Shriners break charity golf ties

I bet Justin has crawled into a ball and is currently rocking backwards and forwards in a basement somewhere at his identifier being 'former N*Sync star' and not 'Grammy award winning artiste' or 'ultimate, incredible, simply the best star of The Social Network'
    Just Kill Me likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Justin Timberlake is such an asshole. Just passing by to state the obvious.
    Jadestone and greysfang like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Timberlake did help raise millions through his concerts during the tournament in his first four years, but he wasn't able to attract more media interest or consistently lure bigger-name players, says Frevel.

Because he needs to get back on the A-List by making more music. That's what he does best, yet he insists on inflicting his D-List acting on the world. Go shake your ass Justin, that's what we like about you. Either that or STFU and sit the fuck down and let some real stars take over.
    Honeythorn likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I may be the minority here, but I believe Shriner's handled this poorly. All they had to do was simply thank Justin for his time and efforts to bring attention to their cause. Then make a big announcement about their new direction. Instead, by being bitchy about it, they have sent a message to others that they will publically embarrass you if your performance doesn't meet their expectations. Not sure too many other celebs will be willing to put their neck on the line.
    Honeythorn and holly like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I may be the minority here, but I believe Shriner's handled this poorly. All they had to do was simply thank Justin for his time and efforts to bring attention to their cause. Then make a big announcement about their new direction. Instead, by being bitchy about it, they have sent a message to others that they will publically embarrass you if your performance doesn't meet their expectations. Not sure too many other celebs will be willing to put their neck on the line.

In the news, I'd agree with you, but this is a gossip board, so you're WRONG!
    sluce likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

OK - so they should have made a more professional public statement and then leaked the gossip for y(our) pleasure.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Thread Information