Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Gywneth Paltrow Says: "I Only Let My Kids Watch TV in French and Spanish"

Default Gywneth Paltrow Says: "I Only Let My Kids Watch TV in French and Spanish"

It's no secret that Gwyneth Paltrow flies the flag for healthy living.

But it seems her outlook on life has gone a little far as she projects strict parenting on her children.

The Talented Mr Ripley actress has revealed that she only allows eight-year-old daughter Apple, and son Moses, six, to watch television in French or Spanish instead of their native English.

Speaking to InStyle magazine, the mother-of-two said Apple was 'cross' as 'I only let them watch TV in French or Spanish'.

She added: 'When I'm in France, I go to [Boulevard] Beaumarchais and buy all their cartoons.'
    The 39-year-old also spoke about her own draconian diet, and while she has eased the macrobiotic lifestyle, she still considers a cheese-topped French stick and glass of wine to be 'indulging'.

Gwyneth said: 'I was very strict for a while, I was macrobiotic for a couple of years, then I got pregnant and just ate ice cream. What I've learned is that I want to enjoy my life, and food is a big part of it. I love to cook and feed people. I cook every day. 'My indulging is a fresh baguette with cheese and a glass of red wine or french fries and fried zucchini. Or a turkey burger.'

During the interview, which was conducted by designer Diane von Furstenberg, the Oscar-winner also touched on her marriage to Chris Martin and hinted why it is still going strong after nine years. She credited their friendship as the 'easiest' thing between them, saying they laugh a lot and share the same taste in music, before bravely discussing the hardships too.

Highlighting their differences, Gwyneth said: 'Probably our artistic temperaments. Artists are sensitive; there are ups and downs mood-wise. Musicians need a certain gravitas and focus in order to write. The temperament that goes with someone who is creative can be challenging.' She added: 'I focus more on understanding than being understood.'

And it seems Gwyneth may even let off a little steam in the therapist's office, as when the blonde was asked why she continues to work so hard having already achieved such a high level of success, it was unclear if she was joking when she quipped: 'You can call my shrink on that one.' She continued: 'The positive thing... is curiosity and momentum. The negative is a need to validate myself or feel special.' Last week, the fashionista was crowned People magazine’s World’s Best Dressed Woman, while Emma Stone won Best Red Carpet Style and Kate Middleton was crowned with Best Classic Style. Still a force on the silver screen, Gwyneth is currently reprising her role as Virginia 'Pepper' Potts opposite Robert Downey Jr for the Iron Man sequel, as well as filming Pablo Picasso biopic 33 días.

Read more: Gwyneth Paltrow reveals strict parenting for Apple and Moses | Mail Online

Last edited by BITTER; September 18th, 2012 at 01:51 PM.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

This makes sense. Everybody knows French kids are heathier.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

fgg

bitter - you're going to get infracted for the title!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

While I can confirm from personal experience that watching tv or listening to radio in another language will help you pick up on that language... What I'm really thinking when I see this story is:

Oh fuck off, you pretentious twat.
    Lenny, Lozi, Ravenna and 16 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    bitter - you're going to get infracted for the title!
    Seriously? I'll Change it.

as if we needed more reasons to hate this bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I'm thinking just because it has to mention the name. We all know who fishsticks is, but new posters and guests might not.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    you have to use the full name. you could have changed it to "fishsticks (gwyneth paltrow)".
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Ignorant climber.

Speaking to InStyle magazine, the mother-of-two said Apple was 'cross' as 'I only let them watch TV in French or Spanish'.
    Bitch, you are not living in a British novel from the 50s.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

^lol

Madonna really rubbed off on her.

I've been to France and Spain, and they have crappier TV there than in the US. And she thinks she's winning!

Seriously, I'd like to punch her in the throat.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Osakan View Post
    Madonna really rubbed off on her.
    And left a rash.
    Osakan, Waterslide, nana51 and 3 others like this.

I honestly didn't think I could hate this stringy bitch any harder. I was wrong.
    Kittylady likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I like her still. Hahaha. I only let my kid watch HBO and Showtime when she was little.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information