Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Rupert Everett “can’t think of anything worse than being brought up by 2 gay dads”

fgg

Default Rupert Everett “can’t think of anything worse than being brought up by 2 gay dads”

Rupert Everett “can’t think of anything worse than being brought up by 2 gay dads”

Rupert Everett is no stranger to sounding like an abrasive, bitter, and slightly delusional pill during his quest to complain about about nearly everything in life. In particular, Rupert takes great joy in complaining that his flagging career (which really isn’t so bad — he’s done some television work this year and has a few movies in production) is the result of his decades-old decision to come out of the closet. Even though he seems like a terribly unpleasant person, Rupert is convinced that his talents are nearly entirely wasted because he’s just so gay.

Never mind that Rupert himself seems to be the king of gay bashing, since he’s characterized the gay marriage issue as “tiresome” because of all of the “middle-aged queens” who are so terribly “egocentric and vain” at the movement’s forefront. True, those statements were made a few years ago, but Rupert hasn’t changed his tune at all. Now in an interview with the Telegraph, Rupert would like to remind us all that he’s judging all the gay men who aren’t himself, and he wants them to know that he doesn’t need their “community.” Further, he wants everyone to know that gays with children are, like, the worst thought that he can manage to conjure up in his narrow little mind. Seriously, what is this guy’s damage?

Gay parents according to Rupert: “I can’t think of anything worse than being brought up by two gay dads. Some people might not agree with that. Fine! That’s just my opinion. I’m not speaking on behalf of the gay community. In fact, I don’t feel like I’m part of any ‘community.’ The only community I belong to is humanity and we’ve got too many children on the planet, so it’s good not to have more.” Everett also told how his family’s military background, which included his father serving as an Army Major, meant “some things were simply not talked about.”

Rupert’s mom on her son’s sexuality: “In the past, I have said that I wish Rupert was straight and, I probably still feel that. I’d like him to have a pretty wife. I’d like him to have children. He’s so good with children. He’d make a wonderful father. But I also think a child needs a mummy and a daddy. I’ve told him that and he takes it very well. He doesn’t get angry with me. He just smiles.”

[From Telegraph]

Obviously, the sour apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree where Rupert and his mother are concerned. Also, I’m wondering if Rupert’s comments aren’t specifically directed towards high-profile gay parents such as Elton John and David Furnish. Elton, of course, has recently expressed his own concern that his son will be teased “because he doesn’t have a mummy.” Although Rupert never mentions Elton here by name, he does have a history of making rather catty and judgmental statements about Elton.

Otherwise, I think these latest statement is just Rupert being grumpy, hyperbolic Rupert. He really seems to think that all of his problems source from being gay, and he doesn’t really notice that he’s an incredibly unpleasant person to witness. There’s no evidence at all that two gay men will do any worse than a hetero couple at raising children. In both cases, one learns as one goes.

http://www.celebitchy.com/251910/rup...by_2_gay_dads/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Dried up old hag.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

I can't remember why I don't like him (maybe something I read), but this just reinforces that.

Well, he's welcome to his opinion, but its an ignorant sucktastic one.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Rupert Everett is no stranger to sounding like an abrasive, bitter, and slightly delusional pill during his quest to complain about about nearly everything in life.

I know a couple of people like this. They seem to be very happy being unhappy.

Has his career dried up from him coming out or because he is an asshole and no one wants to work with him?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I can't think of anything worse than looking at his mutilated face.
    yanna likes this.

He is such a hateful old bitch.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Has his career dried up from him coming out or because he is an asshole and no one wants to work with him?
    Probably the second judging on all the hate that comes out of his mouth every time he opens it.

I think the three gay dads on "Full House" were excellent. Although, two of the kids did grow up to be garden trolls, and another was some kind of meth addict.
    Osakan likes this.

All the gay parents in my life are amazing parents. Not that I think being gay makes you a good parent, but it certainly doesn't make you a bad one.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

A*O

He's always been a bitter old queen who despite coming out still hasn't come to terms with his sexuality. He hates the fact he's gay. He should ask the Co$bots to cure him.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post

I know a couple of people like this. They seem to be very happy being unhappy.
    Bingo. And obviously his upbringing formed him to be full of self-loathing, but he apparently didn't do a thing to try and change that. Pretty sad, really.

I'm glad he didn't have kids, though. That part is admirable. He would probably have raised them how his Mum raised him.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

.. why do people keep asking him questions?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^ He keeps writing books!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information