• 1 Post By Mel1973

Thread: Pat Boone's Grandson Saved By Charlton Heston's Moses Blood

Default Pat Boone's Grandson Saved By Charlton Heston's Moses Blood

EXCLUSIVE: PAT BOONE GRANDSON SAVED BY MIRACLE “MOSES” BLOOD

-A +A
    Published on: September 11, 2012
    by MICHAEL GLYNN, NATIONAL ENQUIRER
    Photography by: Paramount/Courtesy of Pat Boone Family

PAT BOONE’S faith is tested as grandson nearly falls to his death but thanks to the miracle of “Moses” CHARLTON HESTON’s blood he not only survived but is up and walking again!
    Doctors told legendary enter*tainer Pat Boone that his beloved grandson Ryan Corbin probably wouldn’t survive after falling 40 feet through a skylight on the roof of his Brentwood, Calif., apartment building 11 years ago. But not only did the young man sur*vive, Pat tells The ENQUIRER he recently took his first steps since the accident!
    “I truly believe that the power of prayer helped save my grandson,” Pat shared. “Ryan’s not completely healed, but he’s come a long way from where he was – which was close to death.”
    The 78-year-old singer – who was the second-biggest charting music artist during the late 1950s, behind only Elvis – spoke exclusively with The ENQUIRER about his grandson’s devastating accident and miraculous recovery.
    On June 19, 2001, Ryan was ready to take on the world. The former star basketball player from Irvine High School had just graduated with honors from Pepperdine University’s School of Communications and was engaged to be married that No*vember. He’d been working as an assistant to the writers for the sitcom “Will & Grace,” but while the show was on hiatus he was working part time at the California Pizza Kitchen.
    “This particular day, he was off work, so he’d gone up to the top of his building to sunbathe with his roommates – and there was a big white Plexiglas skylight set into the roof,” Pat explained. “Now, Ryan’s a big guy – 6-foot-4 with size 14 feet.
    “He was wearing flip-flops at the time and, while we don’t know exactly what happened, we think he may have tripped and crashed right through the skylight.”
    Ryan hit the stairway railing on both the second and third floors, and slammed into the concrete floor far below. His jaw was broken, his skull frac*tured, and he had multiple internal injuries.
    The prognosis was grim.
    When Pat’s wife, Shirley, arrived at the hos*pital, doctors told her Ryan probably wouldn’t make it through the night. But Pat tells The ENQUIRER that Shirley “heard a voice” in her head, and it told her that Ryan was going to pull through!
    Ryan was in a coma for six months and didn’t speak for 15. Doctors told Pat they had to give him 36 pints of blood to keep him alive.
    In a bizarre coincidence, Pat had been at UCLA the day before the accident to donate blood with fellow showbiz legends Charlton Heston, Casey Kasem and Marty Ingels. The group was raising awareness for a nonprofit they’d started – USBloodDonors.org.
    “It’s a website for people to go and log on with their blood type and give blood – es*pecially if their type is needed and in short supply in a particular area,” explained Pat.
    “So, we were there and we had cameras filming Heston and me and Casey and Marty all giving blood. We were joking, ‘I wonder who’s go*ing to get Moses’ blood?’” (A refer*ence to Heston’s iconic role as the biblical figure in “The Ten Commandments.”)
    “It turned out that it was my grandson the next day, because they were the same type! I asked the technician whether it’s possible Ryan could have received it and he said, ‘Yes, definitely!’”
    Although he still spends much of his time in a wheelchair, Ryan, now 35, is slowly learning to walk again. Pat says his daughter Lindy and her husband Mike take Ryan for “walks” each day with the aid of a walker.
    Meanwhile, Lindy is co-authoring a book on traumatic brain injuries, due out next year. Pro*ceeds will benefit Ryan’s Reach, a foundation the family started to help other brain injury suf*ferers get therapy.
    “Ryan is now feeding himself, where before he couldn’t even do that,” said Pat. “He still has a very strong sense of humor, despite what he’s been through.
    “God has helped our grandson battle back. He continues to battle each and every day, and his family is right there with him.”

EXCLUSIVE: PAT BOONE GRANDSON SAVED BY MIRACLE

Not to poke fun at the grandson's suffering, but wow.
    Last edited by Waterslide; September 12th, 2012 at 12:28 PM.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

11 years to take a step? That's horrifying.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

OMG. Death would have been far kinder.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I read the title as, Pat Boone's Grandson Saved By Charlton Heston's Moose Blood

Why the Moses blood and not the Top 40 blood???
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Why the Moses blood and not the Top 40 blood???
    Because rock'n'roll is Satan's music!
    KrisNine likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Once again in my speed reading efforts, I screwed up. I read this as Pat Boone's Gravy Saved.... Moses Gravy is like the new Jesus Juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    I read the title as, Pat Boone's Grandson Saved By Charlton Heston's Moose Blood
    You could make some fancy black pudding with his moose blood!
    Waterslide and Wilson like this.

My speed reading isn't the best but this happened 11 years ago, right? That would make Heston 78 at the time. Cool, I thought there was an age limit to donating blood!

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    So did I. And it made sense at the time.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    My speed reading isn't the best but this happened 11 years ago, right? That would make Heston 78 at the time. Cool, I thought there was an age limit to donating blood!
    Since Heston is now dead, yeah.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

someone needs to correct the thread title... it's Charlton, right?
    Waterslide likes this.

Sure is Charlton! I'd like some moose blood.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

But Pat tells The ENQUIRER that Shirley “heard a voice” in her head, and it told her that Ryan was going to pull through!
    So, if a normal person hears voices in their head, they are nuts and put on meds, if a religious person does, the lord is talking to them?
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Yes, that's correct.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    OMG. Death would have been far kinder.
    Really? Death is better than being in a wheelchair and unable to walk?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Thread Information