Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Ireland Baldwin Explains Her Dad Alec's Infamous Voicemail Rant

fgg

Default Ireland Baldwin Explains Her Dad Alec's Infamous Voicemail Rant

Ireland Baldwin Explains Her Dad Alec's Infamous Voicemail Rant

Ireland Baldwin speaks!

The stunning, 16-year-old daughter of Alec Baldwin and ex-wife Kim Basinger -- who became accidentally famous years ago, after her dad's angry voicemail leaked to the press -- clears up the still talked-about recording to Page Six Magazine.

"The only problem with that voicemail was that people made it out to be a way bigger deal than it was," Ireland muses of her dad's "little pig" rant, in which the 30 Rock star, 54, complained that his daughter didn't return his calls. "He's said stuff like that before just because he's frustrated. For me it was like, 'OK, whatever.' I called him back and I was like, 'Sorry Dad, I didn't have my phone.' That was it."

The father-and-daughter duo have even mulled satirizing the moment for posterity. "We almost did something funny on YouTube, of me calling him and yelling at him. We were just talking about it the other week," she revealed.

Following Baldwin and Basinger's messy 2002 divorce, Alec remained a bachelor until very recently. He married yoga instructor Hilaria Thomas this past June -- and there's no tension between Ireland and her new stepmother, 28.

"I've always had a great relationship with my dad," Ireland says. "And Hilaria and I are really close. She's like a big sister to me, but I feel like I haven't spent enough time with her yet," she explains of Hilaria. "We joke around and I call her 'Mom.' But I respect her, it's not like I'm Parent Trap-ping her, setting up booby traps in her room."

She adds that her dad and mom, 58, "worked hard and are inspirational to me. I never want to get anything handed to me."

Ireland's cousin, Alaia Baldwin (whose dad is Stephen Baldwin) also chimes in to Page Six Magazine about the mystique of the sometimes hot-tempered Baldwin clan. "No matter how much you think you understand a Baldwin, you really don't unless you are one. Ireland and I are pretty sane for Baldwins."

Ireland Baldwin Explains Her Dad Alec's Infamous Voicemail Rant - UsMagazine.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Blown out of proportion by her mother. Team Alec!
    Stereo Inferno and eboni like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I think it was blown out of proportion by a lot of people. Never did bother me all that much, but my children's nicknames are Butthead and Annoying Little Girl, so ...

It's an Irish-American family, damnit! They're always yelling and waving their arms around. Nobody takes it seriously. You get called "little pig" at least three times before dessert!

^If your parents love you!
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

She knows where the money is...

I too thought it was made a bigger deal then what it was... You should hear me after the tenth time I have asked my son to start on his homework, it ain't pretty.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Bronze Member

I LOVE the part where she said that her new step-mom is like a "big sister". It's got to be weird for Ireland that her new step-mom is only a few years older than her. I wonder if Ireland has any acting inspiration? She's definitely blessed with her mother's stunning beauty!

My husband was 18 years older than me. His sons are 15 & 18 years younger. We have a great relationship. It can work.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

My stepmother is only 7 years older than I am. It wasn't weird for me at all. I love her to death.
    sluce likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    My stepmother is only 7 years older than I am. It wasn't weird for me at all. I love her to death.
    Literally or figuratively?

God, I hope nothing happens to her. She's left me my half brother and sister in her will, so I'd get saddled with them and have to take care of pops when he gets old and infirm.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Hahahaha better take good care of her. Were you already a stepmother yourself before she joined your family? I always felt having step-parents made me a better one myself. I knew what NOT to do.

^ No, I was an obnoxious 17 year old when they first started dating.( I know that's hard to imagine. Me? Obnoxious??) I was a college freshman and she was in med school. But yes, I definitely think having a stepmom helped me be when I became one.

Silver Member

I think it's great Ireland gets along with her Dad's new wife. That's a big age difference for Alec and the Mrs though.

Ireland looks so much like her Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I think it was blown out of proportion by a lot of people. Never did bother me all that much, but my children's nicknames are Butthead and Annoying Little Girl, so ...
    Ours are Dumbass. Sometimes, I feel like Red Foreman....
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information