Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dksnj
  • 2 Post By Mel1973

Thread: X-Factor vs. The Voice: Simon Cowell is not pleased.

Default X-Factor vs. The Voice: Simon Cowell is not pleased.

Simon Cowell: 'The Voice' is Afraid of Britney'

exclusive

Simon Cowell is furious at NBC for trying to sandbag next week's premiere of "X Factor" by adding a Wednesday installment of "The Voice" ... declaring, "This is a cynical, cold-hearted, unprofessional way of doing business."

Simon tells TMZ, he thought he had a "gentleman's agreement" with NBC ... that "The Voice" would run Mondays and Tuesdays, and "X Factor" would run Wednesdays and Thursdays on FOX ... so fans could watch both.

Simon says NBC is turning on its own audience, forcing them to choose between Christina Aguilera's show and Britney Spears' new show. And speaking of them, Simon says, "Britney's not going to appreciate the fact that Christina -- who has been a bit of a rival -- isn't allowing Britney to have a night of her own."

Simon tells TMZ, he believes the move is as personal as it gets, because "The Voice" came to England and went head-to-head with Simon's show, "Britain's Got Talent" and got its ass kicked.

Simon says, "These guys have really got it in for us. It's nothing short of dirty tricks."

Cowell adds, "The reason they've done this is they don't want people to see 'X Factor' because they've heard how good the series is. They don't want their audience to see Britney Spears. They don't want their audience to see Demi Lovato."

Simon says he doesn't think Britney knows yet, but when she finds out "She's going to be devastated because she's put her heart and soul into this."

As for Cowell, he says he's not scared, adding, "I can't bear it that the network is playing political games and playing with the audience."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz25ffKvsP6

He feels pretty strongly about this eh? Also interesting that Fox and NBC had an 'agreement' to spread out the viewerships.

Also funny that Simon is trying to stoke the flames of a Britney v. Christina feud again.

This whole thing is funny. Too many angles to pick. Clusterfuck!! Too many singing competitions on the teevees in America- a national tragedy.

Yay! Another TMZ article about this faux dramz:

'The Voice'
    Makes Big Move
    To Kill 'X Factor'

Breaking News

NBC
    and "The Voice" are making a ballsy move to put an end to "X Factor" -- the network just pulled a last minute sneak attack ... rearranging its programming schedule next week, so "The Voice" goes head-to-head with its main competition.

NBC just announced it would be adding a third episode to next week's line-up, scheduled to air Wednesday night -- at the exact same time "X Factor" is scheduled to premiere.

The first two episodes of "The Voice" will air Monday and Tuesday nights.

NBC had previously scheduled "America's Got Talent" for the Wednesday prime time spot, but the network must be feeling confident in the new season of "The Voice" ... so it made a quick swap.

In case you didn't know, tensions between the two shows have been running pretty high -- "X Factor" creator Simon Cowell recently directed a couple "X Factor" rejects to audition for "The Voice." Burn.

So far, no word from "X Factor" honchos.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz25figVcoX

I'll watch a few episodes just to see if Britney brings the cray cray.
    darksithbunny likes this.

He's right. That is so annoying that I will be watching XFactor.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

If I have to pick between Simon and Blake... Blake WILL win!
    Froogy and greysfang like this.

Bronze Member

I'll be recording both shows so I won't miss any of the cray cray!

LOL simon is so pressed, I thought he previously said the voice is no competition but now he seems pretty scared.. obvs the first xfactor show will probably get more views but thats just to see what Britney does.
    "I don't know what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time"

Thread Information