Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: In how dare they? news - Bob Barker snubbed from Price is Right 40th anniversary

Default In how dare they? news - Bob Barker snubbed from Price is Right 40th anniversary

Well, I'm not fine with it and think CBS executives and Price is Right producers suck.

Barker 'fine' with exclusion from 'Price' special

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Bob Barker hosted "The Price Is Right" for 35 years, but he wasn't invited to participate in the game show's 40th anniversary special.

The 88-year-old TV personality says the show's producers "chose to ignore me, which is fine."

The 40th anniversary special episode of TV's longest-running game show aired Tuesday morning and featured returning contestants from the past four decades. Barker is shown in several clips but was not invited to appear on the program or attend the taping.

"They haven't even offered me a DVD," Barker said in an interview Tuesday. Show producers had no comment.

Barker, a longtime animal activist who advised his viewers each day to "Help control the pet population: Have your pets spayed or neutered," thinks he was omitted from the anniversary show "because I have been critical of them for giving away prizes that I consider inappropriate."
    He complained to producers for awarding tickets to Sea World and the Calgary Stampede as prizes. Both organizations "are notorious for animal abuse," Barker said.

(Sea World says on its website that "the animals in our care are content and healthy." The Calgary Stampede says it works with the Calgary Humane Society and the Alberta Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals to ensure its animals receive proper care.)

During his reign as host, Barker asked the show to stop giving away fur coats and leather jackets and they obliged.

"We really became very careful about what we put on the show," he said. "Had I been the executive producer, they would not have even considered bringing me tickets to the Calgary Stampede of all things."

Barker has donated millions of dollars to animal-rights causes since retiring from "The Price Is Right" in 2007. He was replaced by Drew Carey, who hosted Tuesday's anniversary episode.

Barker's last appearance on the show — which is taped at CBS' Bob Barker studio — was in 2009.

He insists he's fine with not being included in the anniversary episode, but said, "When you celebrate a 40th anniversary, you would think you'd have the fellow who did the show for 35 years there."

Barker's first appearance on "Price" in 1972 was among the clips included in the anniversary special.

Had he been invited to attend, he said he would have repeated his show-closing refrain about spaying and neutering pets.

"That's my message on any occasion and every occasion," he said.
    Barker added that he had planned to watch the special but missed it: He had it down on his calendar for Wednesday.

Barker 'fine' with exclusion from 'Price' special - Yahoo! News

Fuck CBS.
    LynnieD likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

That is outrageous! They have some nerve.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Do you think it was because of the sexual offender claims and him saying Drew Carey sucks?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Embarrassingly tacky on CBS's part.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Fuck them, he's much too good for them anyway.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Gold Member

Bob Barker was TPIR. Shame on CBS for not including him.

There would not have been 40 years of that shit show had it not been for old ladies wanting to throw their granny panties at Bob Barker, CBS needs to show some respect!
    greysfang likes this.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

That is just so disrespectful of CBS.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Wtf! Meh, maybe he might have been a bit cheeky with some gals. It's no excuse to not have him there! He was awesome when it came to awareness of spaying and neutering pets, as well as animal rights. When I was younger I started a whole spaying/neutering campaign for the stray cats in my neighborhood thanks to his daily statement! The strays just kept multiplying and of course people were feeding them but not doing anything else. My mother and I struck up a deal with a local vet to do cheap spay/neuter deals. We captured a lot of the cats humanly and brought them in. For all the kittens before we found homes. I'm not even a cat person! Even if Bob was a bit sassy at work, I love him. He IS the Price is Right! Fuck them for not including him. The Price is Wrong Bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    The Price is Wrong Bitch!

My felines and I say two paws down and a paper bag of kitty nuggets in CBS's mailbox tomorrow morning.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by nancydrew View Post
    There would not have been 40 years of that shit show had it not been for old ladies wanting to throw their granny panties at Bob Barker, CBS needs to show some respect!
    CBS may be thinking more about how much they paid out for the sexual harassment cases.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Does he at least get a set of steak knives as a consolation prize?

Plus, a years supply of Turtle Wax. And Rice a roni- the San Francisco treat

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I hope no turtle's were harmed in the making of that Turtle Wax. You know how Bob is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information