Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Yoko Ono continues her quest for a better life

Default Yoko Ono continues her quest for a better life

Spiritual Yoko Ono continues her quest for finding the key to a better life… by launching a megabucks Swarovski jewellery line

By Bianca London

PUBLISHED: 15:28, 4 September 2012 | UPDATED: 17:53, 4 September 2012

Known for her fine art and peacemaking, and more famously her marriage to John Lennon, Yoko Ono is now taking a new spiritual path: collaborating with Swarvoski Elements on a new collection for Vogue's Fashion Night Out.

The Japanese-American artist is the inspiration for a new jewellery line and while some critics might point out that materialism is not the path to true happiness or spiritually, Yoko wants to spread her message through this blinging new collection.

The ‘Key-cut’ crystal range claims to combine her trademark wit with a search for deeper philosophical meaning, and with prices starting at £79 for the small key necklace and going up to £230 for the black half-moon necklace it seems that the meaning of life is just a credit card swipe away.

The Japanese-American conceptual artist has provided the inspiration for a new, exclusive, crystal cut in the shape of a key for Fall 2012

Designed around the theme of ‘Unlocking the Door to a Better Life’, the collection nods to a childhood spent in war-torn Japan, which motivated Yoko Ono’s commitment to pacifism.

And she says the collection symbolizes her hopes and dreams for our planet.
    'Imagine a key that unlocks the door to the forest with its secrets, to the sky with its peacefulness, to the universe with its infinity, to a future with a promise for a better life,' she said.

The collection symbolizes Yoko's hopes and dreams for our planet

The ‘Key-cut’ crystal collection hopes to combine her trademark wit with a search for deeper philosophical meaning

Swarovski has collaborated with several designers and artists on its recent fashion fabulous ranges including Christian Dior, Giorgio Armani, Andrée Putman and Manish Arora.

The limited edition collection goes on sale on 6th September as part of Vogue's Big Night Out and includes a 71mm key on a silver chain engraved with Yoko Ono’s signature and its limited edition number.

Read more: Spiritual Yoko Ono continues her quest for finding the key to a better life¿ by launching a megabucks Swarovski jewellery line | Mail Online

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

materialism is not the path to true happiness or spiritually..
    I agree with this but it annoys me know end when rich people say it for some reason.
    Especially when it's tied into to promo for bling that is way too overpriced.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

Yoko Ono is one of the savviest business women around, and was long before Lennon died. She must have gotten paid a fortune for this deal.
    card likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I like the pieces well enough but I'm not a Swarovski fan.

I kind of like them.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Yeah, the key motif's kinda cool.

Yoko is rich as sin. So I assume she did this for kicks.

Oh, and her decolletage aka boobies look amazing for her age.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Ono View Post
    materialism is not the path to true happiness or spiritually..
    I agree with this but it annoys me know end when rich people say it for some reason.
    Especially when it's tied into to promo for bling that is way too overpriced.
    Considering that Yoko sold Julian Lennon's letters to his father at open auction for lots of cash, rather than return them to him, I'd say she is not stranger to seeking happiness through materialism.

Fuck her.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Considering that Yoko sold Julian Lennon's letters to his father at open auction for lots of cash, rather than return them to him, I'd say she is not stranger to seeking happiness through materialism.

Fuck her.
    Yep, Fuck her!

At least it keeps her from "singing".
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Imagine no possessions
    I wonder if you can

I always want to shove her glasses up her nose
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post

Fuck her.

Whaaaat? When did she do that? Bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    At least it keeps her from "singing".
    And thank Jesus for that!

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Imagine no possessions
    I wonder if you can
    Exactly!!

Lyrics aside, John was no slouch in materialism department. And he beat both of his wives, and emotionally abused Julian. Not exactly in keeping with his peaceful image.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

John was an asshole without a doubt but Yoko didn't have to keep screwing Julian over after he died.
    Jazzy, olivia, lindseyfan and 3 others like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Whaaaat? When did she do that? Bitch!
    Here's an article that makes mention of it -

John Lennon's son Julian fears Yoko Ono and Paul McCartney are trying to obliterate him from history | Mail Online

A CNN interview of Julian at a showing of all the memorabilia he's had to buy back from sellers who bought the stuff from Yoko -

CNN Breaking News - Julian Lennon shares Beatles memorabilia - YouTube

Included are postcards sent to Julian, pictures Julian drew for his dad, all kinds of little things that should have stayed with Julian.

Rumor has it that John wrote Julian a last letter before he died that was never mailed. Yoko claimed it didn't exist or she lost it...until it showed up in a private collection of Lennon memorabilia.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information