Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By BelledeJour
  • 2 Post By witchcurlgirl
  • 1 Post By rollo

Thread: Russell Brand & Geri Halliwell are enjoying a “very serious romance”: great couple?

fgg

Default Russell Brand & Geri Halliwell are enjoying a “very serious romance”: great couple?

Russell Brand & Geri Halliwell are enjoying a “very serious romance”: great couple?

Well, well, well. This news shouldn’t be surprising at all, but it is kind of startling in its appropriateness. Here’s a photo (courtesy of Melanie “Scary Spice” Brown’s Twitter page) of Russell Brand peeking out from the middle of the Spice Girls on the night that they all performed at the Olympic Closing Ceremony a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, we can’t see where both of Russell’s hands are, but I wouldn’t be surprised if one of them was somehow on Geri “Ginger Spice” Halliwell’s toned bum because, as it turns out, they’re totally dating each other now.

So far, the evidence is, well, very blurry. As in, there’s a very blurry TwitPic (taken by a bystander) of the two at Hampton Court Palace together. Another bystander is also quoted in a story by the Sun on how loved-up the two looked at the same location. The Sun also includes details about how Geri (years ago) once remarked that Russell, while very smart and hilarious, wasn’t really her type of man because he was too hairy. I guess either she’s lowered her standards, or he’s won her over. She’s allegedly very impressed with his clean-living ways since she herself stopped boozing years ago (probably to lose weight, but it works). Also, they’re age appropriate (he’s 37 and she just turned 40). Russell has previously spoken about how broody he is for children, and Geri’s already got a 6-year-old daughter, Bluebell Madonna. So in other words, it’s on, bitches:

Russell Brand has dumped his girlfriend to Spice up his love life with pop star Geri Halliwell. The comic fell for Ginger Spice at Olympics closing ceremony rehearsals. Smitten Russell and Geri are sharing a “very serious” romance, close pals have revealed.

The couple have enjoyed a string of dates, including a tour of Hampton Court Palace with Geri’s six-year-old daughter Bluebell Madonna over the weekend.

One close pal of Russell said: “Things are getting very serious between them — they’re a proper couple now. They had met several times in the past, but really got to know each other during the Olympics. People thought Russell was joking at the time, when he said he had a crush on Geri all over again, but it was true. They just clicked — they have so much in common. He is spending so much more time in London just to be with her.”

Russell fell for 40-year-old Geri as both rehearsed for their roles in the glittering closing ceremony of the 2012 Olympic Games. And the pair were seen laughing and joking as they held hands during their private guided tour of Hampton Court last Saturday.

Greg Oram, 37, from Herefordshire, was at the historic venue with his family. He said: “I thought it was the most random thing ever to see Russell Brand of all people in a place like that — until my wife pointed out he was with a Spice Girl. They seemed like they were having a really great time, holding hands and chatting — it was 100 per cent obvious they were a couple. Geri was holding his hand the same way I hold my wife’s. It was so cute.”

Another close friend of Russell said: “He ended his relationship with Isabella Brewster, and is now dating Geri properly. They’ve exactly the same sense of humour and are serious about clean living.” Ex-junkie Russell won his drink and drugs battle a decade ago and Geri has cut out booze.

Russell had reportedly been planning to move in with Isabella. But he met up with Geri as she and the rest of the Spice Girls prepared for the Olympics finalé Russell said after the bash: “I’ve got a crush on Geri Halliwell — everything in the world is how it should be.”

Geri seems to have changed her views on shaggy-headed Brand since an encounter in 2008 — when she declared: “I’d love to shave off all that crazy hair.” Geri said after meeting the bearded comic with her bandmates backstage at a Spice Girls show: “He’s really funny and intelligent but not the type of man I go for.”

Russell went on to marry US singer Katy Perry but within 14 months they had split. After his break-up with Katy, who he has since divorced, Brand reportedly found love with American beauty Isabella Brewster. Last year Geri split from Henry Beckwith, son of millionaire property developer Sir John. The two-year relationship hit the rocks after clean-living Geri complained about his hard-partying ways.

[From Sun UK]

Aww, it’s really too bad that Isabella Brewster (who seemed to share a strange sense of humor with Rusty) had to fall by the wayside, but I kind of doubt she was surprised that Russell didn’t stick around for long. I mean, he never does. Besides, it was already rumored that Rusty was screwing around on Isabella earlier this month, so maybe they weren’t even in an exclusive relationship to begin with. Who knows.

On the one hand, I tend to believe that this romance between Geri and Russell won’t last because he’ll quickly grow bored with shagging just one woman, and she’ll have the mutual itch to get away and go back to her usual yacht-wielding, billionaire type of man. However, the UK press is very excited about this coupling, and bookies have already offered 20/1 for a 2013 marriage for Rusty and Ginger. Hey, more bizarre things could happen.

http://www.celebitchy.com/248388/rus..._great_couple/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Well... that's surprising! I find this almost as surprising as Chad and Avril. We'll have to wait and see if it's just bs I guess.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

They deserve each other!

A match made in showbiz heaven? Russell Brand 'dating Geri Halliwell after hitting it off at Olympics Closing Ceremony'

• Russell Brand reportedly dumped his girlfriend Isabella Brewster for the singer
    • Geri, 40, and Russell, 37, were 'seen getting close after the Olympics closing ceremony' where both performed

By Kimberley Dadds

PUBLISHED: 01:17, 28 August 2012 | UPDATED: 15:13, 28 August 2012

They're both known for their big personalities, while they've both struggled to maintain longlasting relationships.
    So it could be that Russell Brand has finally met his match now that he has reportedly started dating Spice Girls star Geri Halliwell.
    It has emerged today (Tuesday) that the funnyman and pop star started dating after hitting it off at the Olympics Closing Ceremony earlier this month.

New couple! Geri Halliwell has reportedly started dating Russell Brand after hitting it off with him at the Olympics Closing Ceremony earlier this month

Hitting it off: Russell admitted he had a crush on Halliwell after posing for this photo with the Spice Girls backstage at the Olympics

And Brand was so taken with the Spice Girl he reportedly dumped his girlfriend Isabella Brewster for her.
    Russell, 37, and Geri, 40, have been spotted on several dates together since hooking up at the sporting extravaganza, where they both performed during the night.
    Last weekend they were seen taking in the sights of Hampton Court Palace, even with Halliwell's daughter Bluebell in tow.

Catching his eye: Both Geri and Russell performed at the extravaganza before chatting at the end and swapping numbers

A source told The Sun: 'Things are getting very serious between them — they’re a proper couple now. They had met several times in the past, but really got to know each other during the Olympics.'
    Brand was so smitten when he met up with Geri at the Olympics, he gushed: 'I’ve got a crush on Geri Halliwell — everything in the world is how it should be.'
    And it seems she felt the same way.
    The pair have since been spotted on 'a romantic date on Hampstead Heath days after the Olympics' with fans on twitter spotting the odd couple.
    One fan wrote: 'Just jogged past a very tall Russell Brand and a very short Geri Halliwell.'

Smitten: The pair have been on several dates, including one at Hampton Court Palace with Geri's daughter Bluebell last weekend

The pair posed up together, along with the rest of the Spice Girls, for a Twitter photo shared by Melanie Brown at the event.
    And Brand was noticeably snuggled up close to Geri in the group shot.
    They first met back in 2007 but now it has been claimed they have started up a relationship, despite Russell seeming loved up with American Isabella up until recently.
    Dumped: Russell Brand is said to have ditched girlfriend Isabella Brewster for Geri

Moving on: Russell divorced Katy Perry earlier this year, while he reportedly dumped American girlfriend Isaballa Brewster for the pop star a few weeks ago

It's not the first time Russell has sparked up a relationship with a high profile name after a big showbiz event.
    He met wife Katy Perry at the MTV Video Music Awards.
    They went on to wed a year later but he has been nursing a broken heart since they split over Christmas, attempting to move on with Brewster, who he was reportedly set to move in with until meeting Geri.
    A representative for Brand has been contacted by the Mail Online for comment.
    A source close to Geri brushed off the reports and told the MailOnline: 'They're just friends and have been out a few times, there's not much else to add at this stage.'

Read more: Russell Brand is 'dating Geri Halliwell after hitting it off at Olympics Closing Ceremony' | Mail Online

I don't believe it.
    darksithbunny likes this.

Who wouldn't want to ride this pony into the sunset?

Let's play 'guess who is a miserable cunt'?
    NoNoRehab and darksithbunny like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Well if they are happy together more power to them. At least she's his age.

I can't stand that crazy-eyed idiot.

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

"Rusty and Ginger."
    I can see why the press might like this couple.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

Some z lister in celeb Big brother over here said she went to Russell's house and he was walking around in soiled underwear. I can't get that image out of my head, even if it's not true.
    I don't know how anyone could date him.

I thought she was a lesbian.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

He can do much better than this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Goodbye, my friend: Russell Brand looks deep into Geri Halliwell's eyes as he bids her farewell while leaving her London home

By Louise Saunders and Kirsty Mccormack

PUBLISHED: 18:11, 30 August 2012 | UPDATED: 19:07, 30 August 2012

They are said to have a deep 'spiritual connection' after bonding over their mutual love of yoga.

And Russell Brand and Geri Halliwell's closeness was more than apparent last night (Wednesday) as the 37-year-old comedian left the London home of the Spice Girls singer.

Russell couldn't keep his eyes off his new girlfriend as he said his farewells, and made sure he stared deep into the 40-year-old star's eyes as the couple went their separate ways.

Late night goodbyes: Russell Brand can't take his eyes of Geri Halliwell as he leaves her London home

Wearing a silk camisole top and denim jeans, Geri looked like a coy schoolgirl as she shyly said goodbye to her evidently smitten man.

More...

But it would seem the Get Him to the Greek actor was a little miserable about being sent on his way, as he looked more than a tad grumpy as he was spotted walking away from the star's abode.

Russell failed to smile as he made his way to his car carrying the same bag full of books he had arrived at Geri's house with earlier in the day.

Why so glum? Russell Brand looks miserable as he leaves Geri Halliwell's home on Wednesday night

Smile! The comedian kept a very serious face as he left the singer's property and got into a waiting vehicle

But the same couldn't be said for Ginger Spice, who couldn't keep the cheeky smile off her face as she emerged from her home today.

Wearing a black leather jacket, bright aqua jeans and leopardprint pumps, there was no denying the mother-of-one had the distinct look of a woman in love about her.

And despite her dark sunglasses shielding her eyes from the sun, Geri's hint of a knowing grin was unmistakeable.

Smiling: Geri Halliwell couldn't keep the grin off her face as she left her home in Highgate, north London, earlier today

Wearing his trademark grey ripped jeans, a white printed T-shirt and a black mac, Russell was let in through Geri's front door by a male security guard yesterday afternoon.

The funnyman kept his long dark hair down and wore sunglasses as he arrived and left the building.
    Among the books that Russell had brought with him, was one about Talking Heads.

However, perhaps Geri wasn't interested in the publications and instead wanted to get stuck into a yoga session.

Come in sir: Russell was greeted by a male member of security earlier on in the evening

It has recently been reported that the new couple are said to have formed a close 'spiritual connection' over their shared love of yoga, and have taken to practising a variety of body-bending contortions together.

A source told The Sun: 'Geri has said they have a spiritual connection through yoga and they practise asana together.

'Russell is known for action between the sheets but he is actually very good at just sitting still in silence. It is something that has acted as a bond for him and Geri as their relationship blossoms.'

Flexible: Russell Brand and Geri Halliwell are said to have formed a deep 'spiritual connection' over their mutual love of yoga, Geri is seen here posing in 2005

The Spice Girls singer has released two yoga DVDs, while the 37-year-old comedian met his ex-girlfriend, Isabella Brewster, at a yoga class in Los Angeles.

However, their shared love of the spiritual exercise didn't seem to pan out too well, as he reportedly dumped the American actress for Geri.

Since Russell and Geri, 40, hooked up at the Olympics Closing Ceremony - where they both performed - they have been spotted on several dates together.

Last weekend, they were seen taking in the sights of Hampton Court Palace, with the singer's six-year-old daughter Bluebell in tow.

Date day? Geri was spotted leaving her London home in a stunning monochrome ensemble yesterday afternoon

And yesterday (Tuesday), Geri - who looked stunning in a white blouse, black shorts and pumps - was spotted dashing out of her London home, perhaps heading to meet Russell for yet another date.

After meeting the redhead beauty at the sporting extravaganza, Russell gushed: 'I’ve got a crush on Geri Halliwell — everything in the world is how it should be.'

A source close to Geri brushed off the reports and told MailOnline: 'They're just friends and have been out a few times, there's not much else to add at this stage.'

Geri has been single since splitting from millionaire property developer's son Henry Beckwith last year.

Meanwhile, reformed lothario Russell's 14-month marriage to pop star Katy Perry ended in divorce last December.

He has since been linked to a string of women and most recently enjoyed a two-month romance with Isabella Brewster - the sister of Fast and Furious actress Jordana - before dumping her to be with Geri.

Read more: Russell Brand looks deep into Geri Halliwell's eyes as he bids her farewell while leaving her house | Mail Online

Edited for repetition
    MsChiff likes this.

'He is just too intelligent for her': Geri Halliwell cools off her romance with Russell Brand after initial 'fizz of yoga and sex'

By Louise Saunders

PUBLISHED: 00:55, 2 September 2012 | UPDATED: 13:26, 2 September 2012
    Russell Brand's dating technique has left Geri Halliwell flummoxed, with the Spice Girl telling friends she can't keep up with his 'exhausting intelligence.'

Despite the couple initially bonding over their 'spiritual connection' and mutual love of yoga, the 40-year-old singer is said to have put the breaks on the relationship amid claims Russell is 'too intense' for her.

Brand apparently put off Ginger Spice after turning up to her house in Highgate, North London, with a DVD of Alan Bennett's Talking Heads to watch.

In the pink! But Geri's new boyfriend has left her confused with his 'exhausting intelligence'

Smiling: Geri looked very much in love as she was seen out and about in London, minus her new beau Russell Brand

Common ground: It is thought after the initial fizz of sex and yoga Geri is put off by Russell's intensity

After being spotted together on a series of dates over the past few weeks, Geri has reportedly been flummoxed by the 37-year-old comedian's 'exhausting intelligence' and plans to call time on the fling before he returns to Los Angeles later this month.

Meanwhile, a pal of the Spice Girls star has claimed Geri was just enjoying the attention dating a notorious ladies' man brought with it, and was never really attracted to the funnyman in the first place.

A source told the Sunday Mirror: 'Things are already cooling off. Russell’s way into very intense spiritual readings that are just too much, even for Geri. He is way too intense, full stop.

'Exhausting intelligence': Russell was spotted leaving Geri's home in Highgate, North London, last wek

'I don’t think she really fancies him, she’s just enjoying the attention. It will be yoga, sex and fizz, but it won’t last the distance.

'He’s off back to LA soon and she’s not planning on going with him.

Read more: Geri Halliwell cools off her romance with Russell Brand as he prepares to jet back to Los Angeles | Mail Online

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Goodbye, my friend: Russell Brand looks deep into Geri Halliwell's eyes as he bids her farewell while leaving her London home

By Louise Saunders and Kirsty Mccormack

PUBLISHED: 18:11, 30 August 2012 | UPDATED: 19:07, 30 August 2012

They are said to have a deep 'spiritual connection' after bonding over their mutual love of yoga.

And Russell Brand and Geri Halliwell's closeness was more than apparent last night (Wednesday) as the 37-year-old comedian left the London home of the Spice Girls singer.

Russell couldn't keep his eyes off his new girlfriend as he said his farewells, and made sure he stared deep into the 40-year-old star's eyes as the couple went their separate ways.

Late night goodbyes: Russell Brand can't take his eyes of Geri Halliwell as he leaves her London home

Wearing a silk camisole top and denim jeans, Geri looked like a coy schoolgirl as she shyly said goodbye to her evidently smitten man.

More...

But it would seem the Get Him to the Greek actor was a little miserable about being sent on his way, as he looked more than a tad grumpy as he was spotted walking away from the star's abode.

Russell failed to smile as he made his way to his car carrying the same bag full of books he had arrived at Geri's house with earlier in the day.

Why so glum? Russell Brand looks miserable as he leaves Geri Halliwell's home on Wednesday night

Smile! The comedian kept a very serious face as he left the singer's property and got into a waiting vehicle

But the same couldn't be said for Ginger Spice, who couldn't keep the cheeky smile off her face as she emerged from her home today.

Wearing a black leather jacket, bright aqua jeans and leopardprint pumps, there was no denying the mother-of-one had the distinct look of a woman in love about her.

And despite her dark sunglasses shielding her eyes from the sun, Geri's hint of a knowing grin was unmistakeable.

Smiling: Geri Halliwell couldn't keep the grin off her face as she left her home in Highgate, north London, earlier today

Wearing his trademark grey ripped jeans, a white printed T-shirt and a black mac, Russell was let in through Geri's front door by a male security guard yesterday afternoon.

The funnyman kept his long dark hair down and wore sunglasses as he arrived and left the building.
    Among the books that Russell had brought with him, was one about Talking Heads.

However, perhaps Geri wasn't interested in the publications and instead wanted to get stuck into a yoga session.

Come in sir: Russell was greeted by a male member of security earlier on in the evening

It has recently been reported that the new couple are said to have formed a close 'spiritual connection' over their shared love of yoga, and have taken to practising a variety of body-bending contortions together.

A source told The Sun: 'Geri has said they have a spiritual connection through yoga and they practise asana together.

'Russell is known for action between the sheets but he is actually very good at just sitting still in silence. It is something that has acted as a bond for him and Geri as their relationship blossoms.'

Flexible: Russell Brand and Geri Halliwell are said to have formed a deep 'spiritual connection' over their mutual love of yoga, Geri is seen here posing in 2005

The Spice Girls singer has released two yoga DVDs, while the 37-year-old comedian met his ex-girlfriend, Isabella Brewster, at a yoga class in Los Angeles.

However, their shared love of the spiritual exercise didn't seem to pan out too well, as he reportedly dumped the American actress for Geri.

Since Russell and Geri, 40, hooked up at the Olympics Closing Ceremony - where they both performed - they have been spotted on several dates together.

Last weekend, they were seen taking in the sights of Hampton Court Palace, with the singer's six-year-old daughter Bluebell in tow.

Date day? Geri was spotted leaving her London home in a stunning monochrome ensemble yesterday afternoon

And yesterday (Tuesday), Geri - who looked stunning in a white blouse, black shorts and pumps - was spotted dashing out of her London home, perhaps heading to meet Russell for yet another date.

After meeting the redhead beauty at the sporting extravaganza, Russell gushed: 'I’ve got a crush on Geri Halliwell — everything in the world is how it should be.'

A source close to Geri brushed off the reports and told MailOnline: 'They're just friends and have been out a few times, there's not much else to add at this stage.'

Geri has been single since splitting from millionaire property developer's son Henry Beckwith last year.

Meanwhile, reformed lothario Russell's 14-month marriage to pop star Katy Perry ended in divorce last December.

He has since been linked to a string of women and most recently enjoyed a two-month romance with Isabella Brewster - the sister of Fast and Furious actress Jordana - before dumping her to be with Geri.

Read more: Russell Brand looks deep into Geri Halliwell's eyes as he bids her farewell while leaving her house | Mail Online

Edited for repetition
    "Monochrome outfit"? I see at least 2 colors in that outfit, black and white. Not to mention the leapord print shoes, which by the way....it's nice to see a celeb wear the same pair of shoes twice, presumably close together within a span of days like normal people do.

Anyway, this author is stupid.

Thread Information