Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By fgg
  • 2 Post By KrisNine

Thread: Rufus Wainwright Weds Jorn Weisbrodt

fgg

Default Rufus Wainwright Weds Jorn Weisbrodt

Rufus Wainwright Weds Jorn Weisbrodt

One day you will come to Montauk ... hope you won't turn around and go," Rufus Wainwright sings on the piano-driven ballad "Montauk" (from his latest album, Out of the Game) about his favorite seaside town.

On Thursday, friends and family flocked to the rustic beach community at the end of Long Island to see the singer marry his longtime partner Jorn Weisbrodt. And no one left early!

Wainwright, 39, and Weisbrodt, the German-born artistic director of the Luminato Festival, wore custom Viktor & Rolf Monsieur and were married by a longtime friend, the artist Justin Vivian Bond.

The Salome Chamber Orchestra and David Aron Carpenter played during the ceremony and Rufus's sister, singer-songwriter Martha Wainwright, also performed.

Other notable attendees included Alan Cumming, Julianne Moore, Yoko Oko and Sean Lennon, artist Marina Abramovi´, Antony Hegarty (of Antony and the Johnsons), Ingrid Sischy, Viktor Horsting and Rolf Snoeren, Lou Reed and Laurie Anderson, Paul Simon, Carrie Fisher, Mark Ronson and Natasha Lyonne.

The happy couple ate lobster rolls, local corn, steamers and clams, toasted with Nicolas Feuillatte champagne, and danced into the wee hours to tunes spun by deejay team AndrewAndrew – as well as Mark Ronson.

Wainwright and Weisbrodt got engaged in 2010 and have an 18-month-old daughter, Viva Katherine Wainwright Cohen, in a parenting partnership with Leonard Cohen's daughter, Lorca Cohen.

Rufus Wainwright, Jorn Weisbrodt Wedding in Montauk : People.com
    MmeVertigina likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Congrats to them!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Congrats!

Congrats, but WTF is he wearing????
    eboni and Sunrider like this.

DAP

OMG Rufus is short!

Haha, and he looks so much like his Mom and Aunt there.

Congrats to the happy couple!!!

But I have to be a downer and say--"Viva"?! I know it's a nice word in theory but, I just see a roll of paper towels in diapers.

That's so cool that Lorca Cohen is the co-parent, though. Awesomesauce all around.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    Haha, and he looks so much like his Mom and Aunt there.

Congrats to the happy couple!!!

But I have to be a downer and say--"Viva"?! I know it's a nice word in theory but, I just see a roll of paper towels in diapers.

That's so cool that Lorca Cohen is the co-parent, though. Awesomesauce all around.
    Congrats to them!
    Viva made me think of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viva_(actress)

Congrats to the happy couple!

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    Other notable attendees included Alan Cumming, Julianne Moore, Yoko Oko and Sean Lennon, artist Marina Abramovi´, Antony Hegarty (of Antony and the Johnsons), Ingrid Sischy, Viktor Horsting and Rolf Snoeren, Lou Reed and Laurie Anderson, Paul Simon, Carrie Fisher, Mark Ronson and Natasha Lyonne.
    I have to be a downer and ask how that much pretentiousness can fit under one canopy, but I probably know the answer to that question.

The happy couple ate lobster rolls, local corn, steamers and clams, toasted with Nicolas Feuillatte champagne, and danced into the wee hours to tunes spun by deejay team AndrewAndrew – as well as Mark Ronson.
    ^ Yum to lobster rolls, local corn, steamers and Mark Ronson. That part makes it all better.

Wainwright and Weisbrodt got engaged in 2010 and have an 18-month-old daughter, Viva Katherine Wainwright Cohen, in a parenting partnership with Leonard Cohen's daughter, Lorca Cohen.
    I knew a Viva, her name was cool on her.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Gold Member

Is he really 39? Time flies.

Congrats to them. Big fan of the whole family.

Raise your glasses! Rufus Wainwright weds Jorn Weisbrodt after five years together ... as transgender artist conducts ceremony

By Nadia Mendoza

PUBLISHED: 20:55, 24 August 2012 | UPDATED: 21:11, 24 August 2012
    They have already shown their commitment to one another by staying together longer than most showbiz relationships can last the distance.
    And Rufus Wainwright, 39, even labelled Jorn Weisbrodt, his partner of five years, as 'deputy dad' to his daughter Viva Katherine.
    So it was only a matter of time before the lovebirds sealed their fate as a married couple, with the long-term lovers walking down the aisle yesterday and saying 'I do' in a New York ceremony.

The happy couple: Rufus Wainwright marries long-term love Jorn Weisbrodt in a New York ceremony

Time for the honeymoon! Jorn goes in for a kiss with Rufus during their happy day on Thursday

The couple both wore custom-made Viktor & Rolf Monsieur suits, with Rufus in white and Jorn in black, and were married by friend and transgender artist Justin Vivian Bond.

Of course, there were plenty of industry friends to support them, including the likes of Yoko Ono, Lou Reed, Sean Lennon and Mark Ronson - who produced Rufus' latest album Out Of The Game.
    Quirky Sean certainly stood out, perhaps having taken tips from girlfriend Charlotte Kemp Muhl.

Celebrate! Sean Lennon looked rather dapper, as girlfriend Charlotte Kemp Muhl opted for dramatic make-up

Friends in high places: Yoko Ono was also on the guestlist, matching the two grooms in black and white

Let's raise a glass: Mark Ronson was easily recognised thanks to his quiff

The 36-year-old, the only child of John Lennon and Yoko, looked rather dapper in his top hat, floral tie and tartan trousers, while his model squeeze opted for the retro look in a curve-hugging dress.

American beauty Charlotte, 25, couldn't resist bringing catwalk glamour to the event, painting her face with porcelain doll make-up to create pale skin and blood rouged lips.

According to People, there were also plenty of actors in the music mix, with attendees including British thespian Alan Cumming, American Pie comedienne Natasha Lyonne and Julianne Moore.

Yah, darling! Mark puckers up for an air kiss with Charlotte, before chatting to Sean

Life-changing moment: Rufus closes his eyes as he appears to reflect on the ceremony

With so many talented people flocking to the ceremony, held in the rustic beach community of Long Island, it was obviously a musical affair with The Salome Chamber Orchestra and David Aron Carpenter performing, as well as Rufus' sister, singer/songwriter Martha Wainwright.
    The wedding feast is said to have consisted of 'lobster rolls, local corn, steamers and clams' while being 'toasted with Nicolas Feuillatte champagne'.
    Wainwright became engaged to the German-born artistic director of the Luminato Festival in 2010.

Preparing to party: Rufus and Jorn changed into their jeans for celebrations

Excitable: Everyone seemed to be in high spirits, with Jorn receiving a hug

The following year, Rufus announced that he and Leonard Cohen's daughter Lorca had had a child.

Much to everyone's surprise, he revealed on his website: 'Darling daughter Viva Katherine Wainwright Cohen was born on February 2 in Los Angeles to proud parents Lorca Cohen, Rufus Wainwright, and Deputy Dad Jorn Weisbrodt.

'The little angel is evidently healthy, presumably happy, and certainly very very beautiful.'

Form an orderly queue: Guests were seen lining-up as they headed into the marquee

Scrumptious: The wedding feast was said to have consisted of 'lobster rolls, local corn, steamers and clams'

Read more: Rufus Wainwright weds Jorn Weisbrodt after five years together ... as transgender artist conducts ceremony | Mail Online

Congrats and I looove him but for christs' sake couldn't he has washed away the gray before the wedding?
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Thread Information