Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Rosie O'Donnell suffers heart attack

Default Rosie O'Donnell suffers heart attack

Rosie O'Donnell Suffers a Heart Attack

By Mike Fleeman

08/20/2012 at 04:15 PM EDT

Rosie O'Donnell
    Ray Tamarra/Getty

Calling it a "miracle" she's still alive, Rosie O'Donnell suffered a heart attack last week and is now recovering at home.

O'Donnell, 50, credited her survival to quick Internet research on her painful symptoms and a Bayer aspirin she had seen recommended in ads.

"Thank god/saved by a tv commercial/literally," she wrote Monday in her usual verse form on her blog.

O'Donnell said she had a stent inserted after doctors found that her coronary artery was 99 percent blocked. In a statement on Monday, her rep Cindi Berger tells PEOPLE, "She is now home and resting comfortably. She is very, very lucky."

"They call this type of heart attack/the Widow Maker/i am lucky to be here," she wrote.

Earlier this month, O'Donnell, 50, shared the news that her fiancée Michelle Rounds was diagnosed with desmoid tumors, a very rare affliction.

O'Donnell said her own health problems started on Aug. 14 after she helped "an enormous woman" struggling to get out of her car in a parking lot in Nyack, N.Y.

A few hours later, her chest ached, both arms felt sore as if they were bruised, she became nauseous, and had clammy skin.

"maybe this is a heart attack," she wrote. "i googled womens heart attack symptoms/i had many of them/but really? – i thought – naaaa."

She took the aspirin recommended for people who think they are suffering a heart attack but didn't call 911. She said that hundreds of thousands of women die each year of heart attacks and that many never dial the emergency number.

"by some miracle i was not one of them," she wrote, adding: "know the symptoms ladies/listen to the voice inside/the one we all so easily ignore/CALL 911/save urself."

• With reporting by LIZ MCNEIL
    Rosie O'Donnell Has Heart Attack, Blogs About It : People.com
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Is she saying that a Bayer asprin saved her from "the widow maker?"
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Wow, glad to hear she's okay.

I wonder if there is any indication, via blood test, that she was suffering from arteriosclerosis like this. Wouldn't you have a high cholesterol level as a precursor to arterial blockage?

Wow, she and her fiancée have had a rough go the past few months. Glad she is ok.
    eboni likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Wow, glad to hear she's okay.

I wonder if there is any indication, via blood test, that she was suffering from arteriosclerosis like this. Wouldn't you have a high cholesterol level as a precursor to arterial blockage?
    You'd think she'd have some symptoms. I mean 99% blockage in a major artery? Wow. I'm curious how she ended up getting help, since she says she didn't call 911 and how she survived it with that kind of blockage. Are Bayers really the wonder drug?
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Bronze Member

maybe this will finally prompt her to get healthy herself - she has the personal care habits of an out of shape middle aged man.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

ShibaJonz

Glad she's ok but am awaiting a statement from Donald Trump...
    MsChiff, holly, eboni and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    You'd think she'd have some symptoms. I mean 99% blockage in a major artery? Wow. I'm curious how she ended up getting help, since she says she didn't call 911 and how she survived it with that kind of blockage. Are Bayers really the wonder drug?
    My BIL's dad had this exact thing in July with, according to him, no symptoms. Scary as hell. I hope she will be okay.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Glad she's ok but am awaiting a statement from Donald Trump...
    LMFAO

My father, who is a health nut, works out, eats healthy, has never been anything but fit and lean his whole life had a heart attack of this type (coronary artery blockage of 95%, stent placed) in his fifties. It's the exact thing that killed his own father (my grandfather, who was not quite as healthy in his habits, but was a lean and wiry man with energy) in his sixties.

I mention this because I completely expect that everyone and his brother will probably be bagging on her being a fatty with shitty health habits as the cause of this. While I'm sure those things don't help, sometimes there is a genetic component to having this happen.

After my dad had this happen, all of his siblings had cardiac screenings. He's number three of six. Easily the healthiest of the lot. Number one and number two are already dead and gone, both in their early sixties.
    eboni, Mrs P, sweetness and 1 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I wonder what Donald Trump has to say.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    My father, who is a health nut, works out, eats healthy, has never been anything but fit and lean his whole life had a heart attack of this type (coronary artery blockage of 95%, stent placed) in his fifties.
    That's the thing that kind of scares me. I fit that profile. The only thing that's out of whack is that while my total cholesterol is about 170 on average, my LDL/HDL ratio is 4:1, which is not good. Something could be building up, and I wouldn't necessarily know it. My dad died of a heart attack at 73, but was the worst eater you ever saw in your life.

My wife's LDL/HDL cholesterol is almost unheard of - 85 HDL/65 LDL. Only a silver bullet could vanquish her.

Also should add this: Aspirin is what probably saved my dad. He was never big on meds, but his old-school ass would occasionally pop a few Bayers for aches and pains or headache.

He was a contractor who was up with the roosters about six days a week. Also lifted weights and ran about five days a week. The day of the event: Hot day, he and a foreman were going from site to site to check on workers. He's got a headache, arm and shoulder pain that he initially shrugs off as soreness from work/working out. Pops 4 regular strength Bayers and goes about the day. Still feeling shitty about midday so the foreman suggests popping into the local urgent care, which thankfully he does. If he hadn't popped the Bayer, he probably would have just dropped dead, like his dad did years ago.
    sweetness likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

She's alive? Dammit, i got my hopes up.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

O'Donnell said she had a stent inserted after doctors found that her coronary artery was 99 percent blocked. In a statement on Monday, her rep Cindi Berger tells PEOPLE, "She is now home and resting comfortably. She is very, very lucky."
    This has to be false. If she has a 99% blockage to her freakin' heart, she's not okay, and she certainly wouldn't have been sent home to 'rest comfortably'.
    *DIVA! likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information