Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Tony Scott, Director Of 'Top Gun,' Dies In Apparent Suicide

Default Tony Scott, Director Of 'Top Gun,' Dies In Apparent Suicide

Tony Scott, Director Of 'Top Gun,' Dies In Apparent Suicide | The Wrap Movies

Tony Scott, Director Of 'Top Gun,' Dies In Apparent Suicide

Director Tony Scott jumped off the Vincent Thomas bridge near Long Beach on Sunday and died from his injuries.

The Los Angeles coroner confirmed to TheWrap that Anthony David Scott of Beverly Hills jumped off the bridge and died on Sunday. That is Scott's full name, and the British-born director has lived in Los Angeles for many years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

How horrible, awful for his family. RIP
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Oh my God! How horrible! I've seen so many of his movies! I don't know what else to say. Rest in peace, Mr. Scott. My condolences to his family, friends and fans.
    tulip likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I didn't realize that he and Ridley Scott were brothers.

Director Tony Scott Commits Suicide Jumps Off L.A. Bridge

Breaking News

Famed director Tony Scott -- who directed "Top Gun" among many other major films -- jumped to his death today off an L.A. bridge ... this according to the L.A. County Coroner.

According to the Coroner, 68-year-old Scott -- Ridley Scott's brother -- jumped from the Vincent Thomas Bridge spanning San Pedro and Terminal Island around 12:30pm.

U.S. Coast Guard Lt. Jennifer Osburn said a suicide note was found in Scott's Toyota Prius, which was parked on one of the eastbound lanes of the bridge.

Scott directed such films as "Top Gun," "Beverly Hills Cop II," "Enemy of the State," and "The Taking of Pelham 123."

Authorities used sonar equipment to find Scott's body in the port's murky waters. His body was recovered at approximately 4:30pm ... four hours after he jumped.

His body has since been turned over to coroner officials..
    Read more: Tony Scott Dead -- Director Commits Suicide, Jumps Off L.A. Bridge | TMZ.com
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I wonder if he had cancer or something because his sons aren't that old and now they won't have a father.

This is so sad. I know Ridley always got more critical praise but Tony's films were always pure entertainment. He made so many films, including my all time favorite True Romance, so I'm grateful for the many years of great entertainment he's provided.

He probably was going to say something about Tom Cruise, aka GMD, so Scientology drove him to do it. Wow, I should bust out with my tinfoil hat tonight!

I nearly my eyes when we drive over that bridge--can't imagine purposefully jumping from it.

I feel for his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    He probably was going to say something about Tom Cruise, aka GMD, so Scientology drove him to do it. Wow, I should bust out with my tinfoil hat tonight!
    i thought the same. there's always suspicion when the words tom cruise/scientology and suicide appear in the same sentence.

RIP.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

This is so sad. RIP Tony. My condolences to his friends and family.

Jumped off? Or pushed off by a member of the CO$?

Cause what are the chances some gay shit went down on that set? Maybe not actual fucking. But you know Tommy was in hog heaven with all those buff shirtless dudes running around. If anyone would have caught Tom staring at some ass it would be this dude.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

mjw
    Elite Member

TONY SCOTT
    Jumped to Death
    In Full View of Boaters

Tony Scott's suicidal jump off an L.A. bridge was witnessed by numerous boaters, including a group of passengers on a harbor cruise ... some of whom took photos and shot video.

One of the passengers tells TMZ ... "He landed right next to our tour boat, and many of us saw the whole thing."

The white bar in the bottom right corner of the picture on the right is the rail from the harbor cruise boat.

As we previously reported, Scott jumped off the Vincent Thomas Bridge around 12:30 PM ... his body was fished out of the water by the L.A. Port Police a short time later. We're told the bridge is roughly 200 feet above the water.

Officials say Scott left a suicide note, but the details of the letter have not been released.

Scott was 68 years old.

Read more: Tony Scott -- Jumped To Death In Full View of Boaters | TMZ.com

Damn WTF is going on lately. I hope he found peace.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Damn, that must have been horrible seeing that. I'm nosey, I'd like to see what the suicide note said. I feel sorry for his kids and wife.

RIP, Tony.

"True Love" was the bomb diggity!!!

And I fell in love with Susan Sarandon in "The Hunger" (another Tony Scott film that was really atmospheric and fun).

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information