Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Lauren Conrad Faces Huge Backlash For Destroying Books In Craft Project Video

Default Lauren Conrad Faces Huge Backlash For Destroying Books In Craft Project Video

Lauren Conrad Faces Huge Backlash For Destroying Books In Craft Project Video
    Posted: 08/17/2012 12:46 pm Updated: 08/17/2012 12:46 pm

As an "author" herself, Lauren Conrad should have known better.

The former "The Hills" star is getting major backlash from fans, haters and book-lovers alike, after she posted an online tutorial showing viewers how to cut the spines off of books and paste them to a box as a craft project.
    Conrad's tutorial was so poorly received that the 26-year-old made sure to quickly remove the video.

In the video, Conrad explained that she found a "great way to display vintage books or slightly used books and also create a unique storage space." She then proceeded to cut the spine off nine of Lemony Snicket's "A Series of Unfortunate Events" books and glue them to a box, destroying the books in the process.

The offending video was quickly removed from Conrad's website, but it had already gone viral -- Lemony Snicket, himself, was outraged.

When asked for comment about Conrad's craft project, Snicket a.k.a Daniel Handler, told HuffPost Books, "It has always been my belief that people who spend too much time with my work end up as lost souls, drained of reason, who lead lives of raving emptiness and occasional lunatic violence. What a relief it is to see this documented."

Conrad has yet to comment on her craft debacle and appears to be treating the situation the same way she treated ex-BFF Heidi Montag -- she's just ignoring it. It looks like Conrad is trying to deflect her poor choice of craft project with the Internet's insane love of Shark Week and puppies. Just a few hours ago she tweeted: "I hope your weekend is as great as this shark-pug photo: Friday Favorites - Lauren Conrad :-)"

Seriously, LC?

Lauren Conrad Faces Huge Backlash For Destroying Books In Craft Project Video

[YOUTUBE]B_lWGEEPg3s[/YOUTUBE]

at Daniel Handler's response!
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Good grief. When did the works of Lemony Snicket become sacred texts? They're just freaking paper. If they're her books, let her do whatever the hell she wants to with them.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Get some books from a thrift store for like 10 cents each, books no-one ever reads anyway, and use them for crafting. Why not? It's just paper.

Although I would recommend using twilight and 50 shades of grey in stead.
    Mrs P and nana51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post

In the video, Conrad explained that she found a "great way to display vintage books or slightly used books and also create a unique storage space."
    This was the part that made my head explode a tiny bit. "I made this bookshelf out of first editions! Pity I don't have any books left to display on it..."
    Be excellent to each other.

Meh, to her vintage probably just means old. Like Jezi said, just some cheap quarter books from the thrift store. I could probably go into any Goodwill around here and get the entire collection of Lemony Snicket for under $3-5 and not feel bad in the least for chopping them up. In fact, it might be a favor to humanity if I did.

Destroying books pisses me right the fuck off. I am a total bibliophile.
    Lalique, SHELLEE, Laurent and 10 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

My kid made a kindle holder out of a book. I'm glad she didn't post it on youtube.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    This was the part that made my head explode a tiny bit. "I made this bookshelf out of first editions! Pity I don't have any books left to display on it..."
    THIS! I can just see my partner's face if I look his really old leather bound Dickens collection and turned them into a decorative front for a box. Hell, I think I'd find myself alone on the doorstep if I did that to any of his old books. "Happy birthday hun! I pulled apart your electronics textbooks from the 1920's and glued them to a shoebox so you'd have something pretty to put on the shelf where your books used to be!"

Mind you using books as nothing more than decoration is a pet peeve of mine anyway. I hate pubs that put dozens and dozens of old books on a high shelf as part of the decor (and then get pissy when you climb up to get one down to read... ).
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Destroying books pisses me right the fuck off. I am a total bibliophile.
    I want to give you this:

And this:

And watch what happens.
    OrangeSlice and Kat Scorp like this.

Reminds me when my fourth grade teacher nearly had a stroke when I turned down a page to mark my place in the book. I pretty much told her it was my own book and I could do whatever I wanted to with it and she backed off, but not before threatening me with severe punishment if it were ever a school book.

YOU DOG-EARED A BOOK?!!

This video will be even more infuriating years down the road when paper books go the way of papyrus

Yes, imagine my library of several thousand books, all with dog ears!!!!!

Such a rebel!!! I folded a piece of paper!!!!!!

MontanaMama and Lalasnake like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Jezi View Post
    I want to give you this:

And this:

And watch what happens.
    I know that was addressed to Greys but speaking for me I couldn't do it. Not even if you included the Twishite books as a bonus. There's something about destroying books that feels really wrong to me, regardless of what new depths of drivel they reach.
    Laurent, greysfang, Seth82 and 2 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Fruit Segment IS mean

So, if you delete a Kindle book, do you have the same feeling?
    Mrs P likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information