Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Hope Solo: 'Dancing' pro Maks 'hit my stomach,' 'slapped me'

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Hope Solo: 'Dancing' pro Maks 'hit my stomach,' 'slapped me'

When Olympic star Hope Solo was partnered with pro Maks Chmerkovskiy on Dancing with the Stars in Season 13 last year, things got a little bit physical.

We saw Maks shove Hope during a rehearsal segment that was broadcast on the show. But that was it. Now, the soccer star has released a memoir, Solo: A Memoir of Hope in which she says Maks did much more than that.

"He was often nasty," she writes, "swearing at me and being harshly critical... I didn't like being treated like that, but I could take it."

She continues: "He manhandled me in rehearsals from the start, pushing me, whacking my stomach, bending my arms roughly. I thought that was just how it went – how dancers worked with each other. I was tough. I could take it.

"But it kept getting worse," Hope continued. "One day, Maks was trying to put me in a certain position and hit my stomach so hard with his open palm that I had a red handprint there for the rest of the day."

She writes again that she "could tough it out."

During the rehearsal we show, she writes, "Maks was rough and mean with me, flinging me and pushing me around. I could see the shocked looks on the faces of the other dances. So maybe this isn't normal behavior, I thought." Derek Hough, she writes, stepped in to work with her for the rest of the day.

During a different rehearsal, Hope writes that Maks was so angry with her at one moment during a rehearsal for the Halloween show that he slapped her. "He wanted my head in a specific position. To achieve that, he slapped me across the face. Hard."

She adds that "he was extremely apologetic," and ABC offered her a new partner after the incident, but she declined.

"I didn't want to end Maks' career," she says, and feared she would come off looking like a "prima donna." The slap was caught on camera and shown to Maks, but later disappeared, she writes.
    What's also interesting is that Hope claims that Maks created drama during a live show to keep them on the competition, saying Maks intentionally mocked judge Len Goodman after learning that there had been "some secret memo" circulating that they would be eliminated that week. It "supposedly saved us for another week."

ABC has not commented.

On Thursday, as pages from Hope's memoir surfaced, Maks' manager, Lizzie Grubman told The Clicker he had no comment. But without naming anyone, Maks wrote on Twitter, "Always hated hypocrites and liars...but when someone is both AND an opportunist, I just feel bad for them. Can't win at someone's expense..."

And Kirstie Alley, who was partnered with Maks during Season 12 and will dance with him again during the upcoming Season 15, tweeted: "I shall bite thine tongue, lest I get into a girl fight that I would surely lose without a hammer in my hand...... ouch! bloody tongue."

Hope Solo: 'Dancing' pro Maks 'hit my stomach,' 'slapped me'
    MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY
    Hope Solo is LYING ...
    I Never Slapped Her

Maksim Chmerkovskiy is adamant ... he NEVER slapped Hope Solo across the face behind the scenes at "Dancing with the Stars" ... despite allegations she made in her new book.

TMZ has learned ... Maksim was absolutely shocked when he heard about the "completely false" story in Hope's book, "Solo: A Memoir of Hope" ... in which the Team USA soccer star claims Maksim pulled a Rick James while trying to put her head in the correct position for a dancing move.

The two were partners on "DWTS" in 2011.

Sources close to Maksim tell us ... he has no idea why Solo would publish such a false and defamatory statement and doesn't know why she would have such ill will towards him ... especially because they've had dinner several times since the show ended.

In fact, Hope JUST tweeted Maksim right before the Olympics, offering him free seats to one of the Team USA soccer games.

We reached out to Hope for comment -- so far, no word back

Read more: Maksim Chmerkovskiy -- Hope Solo is LYING ... I Never Slapped Her | TMZ.com
    l

Kind of scary to think that even a super-aggressive goalie would put up with something like this.

He is saying it isn't true and can't believe she would make something like this up. Could get good.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    He is saying it isn't true and can't believe she would make something like this up. Could get good.
    Except, apparently, a lot of it is on video. "Who are you going to believe - me, or your lying eyes?"

Where is Whitney at? I need the receipts.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Pretty ballsy of her to publish it in a book if it's not true. He'd have grounds for a defamation case. I find it interesting he's simply tweeting his disappointment and not lawyering up.

I watched dwts during this time and he was a bitch to her...but why would she want to keep contact, go to dinner, and invite him to the Olympics?? Something smells
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I love how she says she didn't want to hurt his career so she toughed it out. Then she prints it in her book.

Hope is an amazingly takented athlete who has overcome obstacles most of us will never face. However, I think those family challenges have caused her some mental issues. She is not well liked by her teammates due to her abrassive manner and her constant need for attention.
    Callalily, NVash and Bluebonnet like this.

Something about Hope Solo rubs me the wrong way, especially since the whole Twitter thing with Brandi Chastain during the Olympics. I also read somewhere that she wrote in the book that she lost her spot on the team last Olympics because the other players accused her of "treason", what's up with that?

If it happened, maybe she really didn't give a shit about it and stayed in contact (which I don't understand, but people forgive abuse all the time for whatever reason), but when it came time to publish a book she felt like she needed to put it in there for entertainment value?
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Hope is the Tanya Harding of the soccer world.
    Bluebonnet, MsChiff and Callalily like this.

Hope has a gold, though!

Leave Tonya aloooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeee! Her fucking skate laces were backwards!
    MsChiff and mistify like this.

mjw
    Elite Member

The Time Maksim Chmerkovskiy (Allegedly) Slapped Hope Solo Around

Hans Solo's long lost daughter and gold medal-winning soccer player Hope Solo has an autobiography out called Solo: A Memoir of Hope and in it she writes about how during rehearsals for Dancing with the Has-Beens, her partner Maksim Douchekovskiy regularly busted some Fifty Shades of Grey shit on her ass by slapping her around. Anybody who watches Dancing For Relevancy knows that Maks is a grade A asshole and a come-to-life Axe Body Spray bottle who sometimes handles his partners like they're made of Beanie Baby sand and Toaster Strudel frosting packets (I'm talking about Kirstie Alley).

UsWeekly has the piece in question from Hope's book and she claims that Maks slappity slap slap slapped her hard in the face (and other parts) to get her to do the right moves:

"He manhandled me in rehearsals from the start, pushing me, whacking my stomach, bending my arms roughly. I thought that was just how it went -- how dancers worked with each other. But it kept getting worse. One day, Maks was trying to put me in a certain position and hit my stomach so hard with his open palm that I had a red handprint there for the rest of the day."

Hope says that she never told the producers about how Maks Riverdanced on her face with his hands, because she didn't want to screw up his career and she felt the tabloids would flip it and call her a whiny diva bitch. That's Hope's side and Maks, of course, is farting out the opposite.

Maks is saying that Hope is SoLOW (it's Friday, leave me alone for that one) for manufacturing fake scandalousness to sell her book. Maks doesn't understand why Hope would just make shit up, because they've stayed friendly since the show ended and she even invited him to see Team USA play at the Olympics. Maks tweeted this message yesterday and it's pretty obvious that he's talking about Hope:

Always hated hypocrites and liars...but when someone is both AND an opportunist, I just feel bad for them. Can't win at someone's expense...

Who to believe?! Let's roll that not-so-beautiful bean footage. Skip to around the 1:15 mark to watch Maks getting a little rough with Hope before having a twat bag hissy fit and storming out of the room. The gay Ken Doll angel Derek Hough flies in to soothe Hope.
    [YOUTUBE]gPuGH75M6-w[/YOUTUBE]
    This is why Abby Lee Miller from Dance Moms needs to be on Dancing with the Never-Wases and this is why Masks needs to be her partner. The minute Maks raises a hand to her, she'll pour Arby's horsey sauce on his wrist, bite it off and force him to continue dancing with her. "("I'll just hold the stump, bitch! Stop crying! Be professional!" - Abby Lee Miller) And she won't even let Maks take a break to call bionic arm maker Sun Jifa with his other hand .

Posted by: Michael K
    The Time Maksim Chmerkovskiy (Allegedly) Slapped Hope Solo Around | Dlisted

I think Solo fell victim to one of the classic blunders - never go against a Ukrainian when elimination is on the line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information