Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Donna D'Errico in search of Noah's Ark

Default Donna D'Errico in search of Noah's Ark

Baywatch star Donna D'Errico left bloody and bruised after 'major fall' as she searched for Noah's Ark in Turkey

By Daily Mail Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 19:46, 14 August 2012 | UPDATED: 22:57, 14 August 2012

Former Baywatch star Donna D'Errico has been left battered and bruised following a dangerous fall while hiking in Turkey.
    The onetime Playboy Playmate Of The Month was fulfilling a lifelong dream to hunt for Noah's Ark on Mount Arat when she suffered a 'major fall'.
    But despite her injuries the 44-year-old has vowed to complete the final two days of her trip.

It isn't the first problem she's encountered, with D'Errico warned she was in 'serious danger' from Kurdistani terrorist group the PKK at one point.

Battered and bruised: Baywatch star Donna D'Errico suffered a 'major fall' while hiking on Mount Ararat in Turkey during her search for Noah's Ark

Her hunt for Noah's Ark has seen the actress leave her two children in America to head to 'an extremely dangerous' part of the mountain.
    She explained in an interview last year that she had always held a dream of discovering the ark.
    'This has been a dream of mine since I was 9 or 10,' D'Errico told AOL News. 'I went to Catholic school and was fascinated by Noah's ark. I would do class projects based on the ark.'

Scuffed: Donna was fulfilling a 'lifelong dream' to hunt for the Ark, which she believes in in three pieces on the mountain

And after years of study she had pinpointed the likely locations for the mythical boat.
    'I've been studying this for years and know where the sightings have been,' she said.

'According to my research, the ark lays broken into at least two, but most likely three, pieces.
    'I believe that one of those pieces is in the uppermost Ahora Gorge area, an extremely dangerous area to climb and explore.'

As she was: Donna on Baywatch in 1997 with her co-star Traci Bingham

She has raised funds for her trip on her website, after deciding to make the trip following a brush with death when she fell seriously ill with an MRSA infection.

'The doctors told me afterwards that I was very close to death when I came in," she explained. And she decided to do something for herself.

'I have spent a lot of my life living for a lot of other people, whether it be because of my job or my family,' she said.

'My kids are almost grown up and I have fulfilled one dream of coming to Hollywood to become an actress. Now it's time to fulfill another.'

TV star: Donna with David Hasselhoff, back in her days as a 90s star

Single mother D'Errico's children had expressed worries about her trip, with her son Rhyan, 18, already having lost a parent with the death of his father.

'He knows the climb can be dangerous - especially when you're standing on a glacier,' said D'Errico.
    And her trip has not been without incident, with D'Errico asking her fans to pray for her.
    She blogged: 'Early this morning I was awakened by one of our Kurdish guides saying that we had to leave the mountain immediately because there was trouble with the PKK and the Turkish Military on the mountain and that we were in serious danger.

Read more: Baywatch star Donna D'Errico left bloody and bruised after dangerous fall on Mount Arrat in search for Noah's Ark | Mail Online
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I'm wondering if her lips are bruised and battered or if she did that to them on purpose.
    nancydrew likes this.

'This has been a dream of mine since I was 9 or 10,' D'Errico told AOL News. 'I went to Catholic school and was fascinated by Noah's ark.

She must have been absent the day that Sister Mary Catherine explained that Catholics don't take Genesis literally, but symbolically. Could have saved herself a trip.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Dumbass. Way to almost get yourself killed over a fairy tale. Life must suck for women with nothing but looks once they get older.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I hope she finds it.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Religious connections aside I think it'd be a facinating experience to make a trip like that.
    shedevilang likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

[YOUTUBE]3LtiyefHCe4[/YOUTUBE]
    roslyntaberfan likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

When I read the title of this thread, I thought it was a joke...like she was drunk, and blurted out to whatever TMZ camera that was around that she was on the search for Noah's Arc....

But, much to my amazement, she's serious.

So wow.... ok... well then, good luck with that Erica
    Last edited by SoCalMarie; August 14th, 2012 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

...years of study she had pinpointed the likely locations for the mythical boat.

She has raised funds for her trip on her website, after deciding to make the trip following a brush with death when she fell seriously ill with an MRSA infection.

'The doctors told me afterwards that I was very close to death when I came in," she explained. And she decided to do something for herself.

Mythical, yes.

Something for herself which could have huge negative repercussions on her kids. I am not saying "don't do it", but at least do it well.

'My kids are almost grown up and I have fulfilled one dream of coming to Hollywood to become an actress. Now it's time to fulfill another.'

Single mother D'Errico's children had expressed worries about her trip, with her son Rhyan, 18, already having lost a parent with the death of his father.
    Just wow. Not quite sure what to feel about this.

She says her children are almost grown??? Her youngest daughter, with Nikki, is 11. I don't think she is quite, almost grown. Stupid to put herself in danger like that, in a foreign country. Bet she will be crying for help if she ends up in one of their prisons.

i would love to go to mount ararat. not to look for noah's fucking ark but because i hear it's incredible. and it was probably wasted on this idiot.
    Waterslide likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by dksnj View Post
    I'm wondering if her lips are bruised and battered or if she did that to them on purpose.
    Good point. Right after her plastic surgery, didn't Jocelyn Wildenstein claim to have fallen all the way down Mt. Everest?

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    She must have been absent the day that Sister Mary Catherine explained that Catholics don't take Genesis literally, but symbolically. Could have saved herself a trip.
    What I was thinking was that she is about two years younger than me, and must have seen that Leonard Nimoy special when we were kids called "In Search of Noah's Ark". It was pretty well done for it's time, and f you were a little kid, it could really capture your imagination. But I agree, Catholics for the most part, think a lot of the incredible stuff is apocryphal and that you don't need to take it literally. Maybe Rick Santorum was her Sunday School teacher?

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i would love to go to mount ararat. not to look for noah's fucking ark.
    I think from now on it should be called Noah's f*cking ark - you had basically two animals of every species, no cable tv, no Internet, and months and months of time on your hands. I bet there was more sex on there than a whole season of Big Brother Sweden.

^^^^
    and a drunk noah and his idiot sons eating all the cool animals, at least if julian barnes' "a history of the world in 10 chapters" is to be believed.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    She says her children are almost grown??? Her youngest daughter, with Nikki, is 11. I don't think she is quite, almost grown. Stupid to put herself in danger like that, in a foreign country. Bet she will be crying for help if she ends up in one of their prisons.
    seriously? i think you've watched 'midnight express' one too many times. do you know how many people go to turkey every year? how many climb ararat? it's on a national reserve, and you get a hiking permit from turkey and hire a guide and you do it along with loads of other people each year. this is turkey, not north korea. she's exaggerating for effect because by all accounts from people who've been there, it's not a hard climb. long, but not that difficult. and the pkk thing is exaggerated as well. they kidnapped three germans in 2008 after germany closed down a kurdish radio station but released them unharmed a couple of weeks later. there's random violence sometimes but it's not aimed at western tourists.
    Last edited by sputnik; August 15th, 2012 at 11:09 AM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    and a drunk noah and his idiot sons eating all the cool animals, at least if julian barnes' "a history of the world in 10 chapters" is to be believed.
    That book sounds awesome. Just glanced at a summary of it on Wikipedia. Pretty imaginative writer.

it's incredible. i highly recommend it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information